Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Recovering the Lost Arcane Relics" is underway, and ends in 3 days, 21 hours.

i'm stuck
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: i'm stuck

Didn't know where else to put this but I am stuck on the circus quest. I got the red chest but nothing is in it, so I was wondering where the key to the cabnet is I have walked around trying to look in, open everything I could think of.

One more thing has anyone ever finished this quest?

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject:

I got close to finishing, just not messing around with it yet. I could if I wanted to, though... Noliperus finished it too... Anywho, I just advise you to look closely at room descriptions....Very closely. The keys are in objects in the room descriptions, most of them. And post when you get the last key... the yellow one.... Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Dahlin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject:

There should be something in the red chest, unless something was changed. It's possible someone else took it out and it didn't repop itself by the time you got to it.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject:

I blew myself up in the circus, good luck.

0 0 0
Telperion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Okay smot...I got through all the chests again and this time the key was in the red chest...then you have to go through the challenges in the arena and get the trophies...and the cannon sent me to xymeria...and teleport killed me. so... Im a bit pissed now. Have fun. Oh, hopefully the key respawns where it aught to...its in winter at present.

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject:

wait I have to do the damn dagger thing to get the last key? any tips on the daggers game?

0 0 0
Adebaldi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject:

I would suggest to try out the dagger thing with a char that you do not care about at all, so that losing 30 lives wouldn't depress you too much.

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject:

No, Lamalond does not have the key. The only thing you have to do is be able to fly (via scroll or potion or wings), and look in room description objects.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Adebaldi wrote:
I would suggest to try out the dagger thing with a char that you do not care about at all, so that losing 30 lives wouldn't depress you too much.

No problem for smotpoker...

I kill myself.

Each game has a logical solution, the cannon especially is very easy.

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject:

The daggers game does not have a logical solution you made that game so you can sit on you fat ass and watch people die over and over again.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject:

Haven't posted in a very long time because it never feels good flaming these unworthy flame baits...

Whenever I see smotpoker's avatar I can't help but notice every single one of his worthless posts speak of what the avatar really is - an angst filled crying sob trying to throw punches and slaps that won't even injure an ant.

Threadjack and senseless flaming apart, the Circus is a very good area because of the risks involved, yet its very worthed to master once you get the hang of the games because it is a skill that won't go away for the rest of anyone's time on AR.

But I didn't know you could now post on forum to ask about ingame quests though...?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject:

No, the daggers game is simple. All you have to do is keep the wheel in alignment. When you start it rolling, it already is. But it gradually falls out of synch, so you must make an adjustment every couple turns. Sometimes you dont even have to do anything and it will still pop the next balloon. The difficulty lies in two areas - learning the sensitivity of the wheel, and overcoming the confusion caused by the clown's smoke-bombs... .now the smoke-screen can stop you turning, but it lets you complete the one you started, and unless you fudged it, you never need to turn it twice. It mostly impacts your next turn, because you will have less time to check what needs doing when it wears off. Thing is once you learnt the wheel's sensitivity, you dont even need to check anymore. Perhaps once every three turns to double check you're doing it right.

The point of the daggers game is to demonstrate "obfuscation", a key element of advanced puzzle solving, you see the solution is very easy but the game is masked to prevent you from finding it. Compare this with the cannon game, which is there to test "observation" .... (hint: small solutions for small problems) ... another example of "obfuscation" is crossword puzzles, you see the clues can seem really hard, so you solve another, and perhaps later you kick yourself because with two letters, you realise how easy it was. That's exactly how this game works too. As for deaths.. why should you die on it? It comes to rest eventually, just get someone to heal til you figure it out.

0 0 0
jeoparty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject:

I witnessed one of Rolf's characters complete the dangerous daggers so quick it was sickening. I guess he either had tried it 1000 times on a different character, or is just a lucky nugget.

0 0 0
Dahlin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject:

My test char died 18 times on that thing and I still haven't mastered it. I fucking hate you Dav.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Laughing

*sits on her ass and watches people die over and over again*

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject:

Daggers game is easy.

0 0 0
AnOldSoul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject:

Just remove the circus entirely.

Waste of time.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject:

You just replied to a thread 10 years ago...

0 0 0
ewils03

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject:

Now what does that say when someone comments on a thread 10 years old having the same problems from a decade ago? My issue had always been the naming in the "Freak or Unique" game.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Ten years ago, the process to get things fixed was to make a scene on the forums and hijack the staff's priorities. Nowadays, that is a process reserved only for very serious bugs.

Its 2017. If it isn't in the issue tracker (which is also several years old), then it isn't an issue! If it is important enough to you, then I encourage you to spend 30 seconds entering it:

http://abandonedrealms.com/issues/post_issue.php

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: