Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 12 hours.

Laws

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abandoned Realms

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Laws

The Laws have been updated, please take the time to acquaint yourself
with the new Laws. The amount of Laws has been dropped from 12 to 5, but
those that are in place are a lot more thorough. The two most important
changes are that vampires are no longer protected in towns and that
summoning is also illegal. Expect a few more changes in the next couple
days.

0 0 0

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject:

summoning illegal!??!?! WHY!?!?!?

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doomm

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Because too many people are getting summoned to outside of gates most likely. That isnt exactly protected services. Especially when the justices are doing it.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject:

It refers to summoning players and their pets, and its because of the damage you can do with it. I don't think I'll list all the ways to dick people over with summon, but I will say this, there are several ways to kill people with it. anyway, it refers to players not the large hobgoblins. There are no yells caused by summon (yet) so getting caught in the act is going to be pretty hard.

0 0 0
Draor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject:

just make it illegal to summon without the person's consent(allowing) that is being summoned

0 0 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject:

Why don't we make eveything in town legal without consent and kill any role play? The laws are put there, and it's interesting when people break them. Besides, gives JUSTICE something to do. Lets not make them overpowered and have no purpose.

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject:

::coughs:: I forgot to log in, so I can't edit my above post. But seriously, making things un-able to happen without consent is stupid. Might as well make attacking in town not able without consent. It adds demension to game play, and gives adrenaline.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject:

What in the holy fuck are you talking about? You cant attack people in town without consent... its illegal.. so what in the sam hell are you talking about.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject:

what he's trying to say is that attacking in town is fun, and if the naysayers want to gimp attacking in town, might as well just take pk'ing without consent in town out of the game (he is against this).

0 0 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject:

hey stupid! ha ha you looked! seriously though, where's your brains. we're not talking about killing, whe're talking about summoning. how about this. We currently have a nosummon arguement to turn on and off so anyone can or cannot summon you, right? So make another one where you type "townsummon" on to be able to be summoned. and perhaps it doesnt stay on. perhaps it only works once, and then it resets to off mode so that people dont have to keep turning it off afterward. the point would be a consent to be summoned. Or you could just model it after nosummon where it stays on until turned off. LOOK, what the guy was trying to say is that not being able to summon there is an inconvenience for people who are trying to do things, and while people who summon to kill others might or should/shoud not be illegal ( depending on how you feel about it ) it should still be acceptable to have consentual summoning between people who want to. This could add another dimension, instead of detract from any, because what about evils and their trickery? they might befriend you in order to summon you to your death. it opens up new possibilities for RP and PK.

0 0 0
LayZBrains

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject:

Hey, what a great idea! Let's have a command called 'nopk' so we can turn on or off our ability to PK! Think of how this could add to RP!

0 0 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject:

you dumshit did you even read it. it says its to ALLOW people to summon you WITHOUT being flagged. NOT to STOP summoning unless you want to be, AND WE WERE NOT TALKING ABOUT PKING HERE THIS IS ABOUT SUMMONING. STOP REFERENCING TO IT LIKE A BRAINDEAD ASSHOLE. read it all next time.

0 0 0
Addreodyn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject:

For what reason would you want summon someone in town other than to mess with them? Also, summoning is not a flaggable offense, just a fine. If you really want to summon someone without getting fined, challenge them to a duel or something.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject:

"We currently have a nosummon arguement to turn on and off so anyone can or cannot summon you, right?"

I'd simply like to clarify with nosummon on, people in pk can still summon, it just means people out of pk can't.

0 0 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject:

you're missing the point clifton, its so that people can allow others to summon them without being flagged.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject:

other reasons why summoning is fineable are:

summoning outside the gate so that citizens are one step away from their doom

summoning mobs that may be aggro to someone in town, summoning a dark knight's turned charmie, summoning mobs that may out of range kill a newbie

summoning away from a pit in order to loot or have someone else loot

from roleplay standpoint, almost anything annoying is fineable if its in town, except for spamming.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject:

summoning someone else's pet and attacking it with yours, forcing it to auto-flee and walk outside the gate

0 0 0
Addreodyn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject:

Don't forget the ever popular constantly-summon-the-justice-just-to-piss-him-off tactic. I think that was the main reason I was pushing for summoning being illegal when I was a Justice.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject:

i wanted doppeling justices to be illegal for the potential out of range abuse.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: