Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 8 hours.

hp/mana/move train change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Insom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject:

From what I gathered on this topic are these three points.

1. Slade thinks medic scrolls are overpowered for clerics/shamans and Dav thinks they are fine. Easy solution to this, put medic scrolls back to how they were and make it impossible for clerics/shamans to purchase them.

2. Slade believes shamans to be overpowered with medic scrolls due to his highly successful run with his shaman and Dav thinks it was more of an aberration than the norm. I will have to agree with Dav on this one....Slade is all-world with his pk abilities. I would've loved to see him fight Code at his prime. Another easy solution to this, Slade roll up Quar 2.0 and let see if Dav can indeed create some character that will keep you in red dragon all the time.

3. Did I just see Dav advocating an unholy gang bang from hell to take down Slade's uber shaman if he was still playing?

0 0 0
RebornShadows

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject:

well i get the whole point of this change.

1. shamans are powerful in the right hands
2. shamans suck when not in the right hands. (heh the left hand)
3. medic scrolls helped shamans out byletting them recite scroll run two squares co 'cure crit' or whatever they get. run a few squares recite scroll repeat.
4. anyone can take down a shaman just have to know when and how. like others have said out damage them wear save vs mals and if you see a spell fall in battle try to exploit it.

I am by no means a great pker but from reading alot and looking at logs you can get a feel to how someone fights. if you fight them alot after a while you can guess as to what they will do next but in turn they can guess what you will do and change it up.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject:

Insom wrote:

1. Slade thinks medic scrolls are overpowered for clerics/shamans and Dav thinks they are fine. Easy solution to this, put medic scrolls back to how they were and make it impossible for clerics/shamans to purchase them.

2. Slade believes shamans to be overpowered with medic scrolls due to his highly successful run with his shaman and Dav thinks it was more of an aberration than the norm. I will have to agree with Dav on this one....Slade is all-world with his pk abilities. I would've loved to see him fight Code at his prime. Another easy solution to this, Slade roll up Quar 2.0 and let see if Dav can indeed create some character that will keep you in red dragon all the time.

3. Did I just see Dav advocating an unholy gang bang from hell to take down Slade's uber shaman if he was still playing?

1. Overpowered is a bit strong. It is a nice perk for them, but nothing overpowering (especially at 1 rounds cooldown, annoyingly more
of a hit to non-clerics than clerics). If you are taking 150 damage a round with that fire, one scroll every tick (now two) is not doing
too much. But it is doing something, it is a help, and it is not something they need. FYI Any changes I throw out there will tend to be
small, since balance is very good on the whole.

2. No, see above. That char wasn't even all that good. I dare anyone to go enjoy getting 0 to 1 rounds weapon wards at level 49, mercifully
having that extended to 0 to 2 at 50. Some people with defense and offense, like Hrimoyan, could adequately fight me without sanctuary. It is
more sheer outlast skill (ticks, creation of space, lots of cures to stave off the gross vuln damage, persistence to stay the course and then
ability to stick with them and finish it off when/if the tables finally turn).

3. Why not? Many tried, most failed. Not always the right combos tried. And generally the ones that did had bad tactics or other issues.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: