Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 2 hours.

Oath/protection
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Oath/protection

Please for the love of god... Goods need to stop randomly killing people over and over. At least tell them to take the oath first... Even that seems a bit extreme for someone who should be considered good. Imagine a movie. Good guy walks up to bad guy and beats the shit outta him without warning and without provocation... How does that constitute the good character being good? As an audience we would probably decide that yes "good guy" is the protagonist but he doesn't seem to be "the good guy".

Point being, I was introducing a friend to ar and some squire wannabe asshole keeps killing him without even saying anything. When I tell him to leave him alone THEN he brings up the oath. I'm not gonna lie I really don't like how this oath thing is going.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Random paladin would beat the shit out of a shaman, dark-knight, necromancer, etc., without warning because his existence is provocation - they are by defintion people who deserve to get the shit beat out of them. Without a reputation or history to consider, random paladin would have to feel out thieves, ninjas, warriors, all generic classes, to see whether or not the person was evil. Detect alignment, con and so forth eliminate this barrier. The beatdown is not a problem, though repeated beatdowns (especially to a newbie) without at least an attempt to sell the oath is obviously sketchy.

0 0 0
Emilise

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject:

As it is Squires are supposed to ASK an evil to oath first. One who isnt shouldnt have a chance at becoming a knight thats for sure.

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject:

Jerry the Mouse does it to Tom the Cat endlessly,,,with provacation Popeye dose it to Bluto ,, Mighty Mouse to whoever ,,,,Res is gay,,,,,Itchy to Scratchy or the otherway round ,,, Douche Bags are douche bags ,, Knight ,Keeper Justice ,,Holy shit I just found Megan from Rock of Love naked in playboy ,, hold on brb..... K im back ,, So what did I miss?

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject:

I guess I'm fine admitting it here but in D&D there is a difference between player and character knowledge, why shouldn't the same rules apply here?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject:

Because that would mean you would have to re-identify every single piece of item ever. on each character. or spend all your time wearing goblin eq. or you'd be denied for breaking roleplay... cause you suck.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject:

Vertas wrote:
I guess I'm fine admitting it here but in D&D there is a difference between player and character knowledge, why shouldn't the same rules apply here?

it does apply to a certain extent. i.e. your roleplay on one character shouldn't affect interactions on another one of your characters (no "hey, do you remember Bob? yeah well that's my COUSIN so...give me a fiery dagger!") - as for items and area knowledge that would be way too ridiculous to sit here chaperoning every time someone identified a goblin short sword or walked in a certain direction or fell into a no_exit.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Each character is created at age 17 with a bunch of preconceived notions about the world. Just because you want your character to start off with everyone else on a clean slate doesn't mean everyone else's should too, which is what I think you're trying to get to with your original post.

And on the philosophical debate on good vs evil, the simple short story of what is good and what is evil is that good is what we determine is good and evil is what we determine as evil. There is no intrinsic good or evil, just some things may benefit you/society more or less and someone attributes that thing accordingly.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Toosh

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject:

This post sounds rather like crying to me.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject:

No I ended up having to log onto a higher level character and killing them until they deleted... Which was actually still within rp standards because they attacked that character as a silent pk too. It's called poor rp, cabal candidates should not have poor rp. You just don't want to admit that I'm right here, which I'm fine with because yelling at me is your way of showing affection. I love you too dav.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject:

You'd be in an abusive relationship.

Edit: Took out "if you were a girl".

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject:

Vertas wrote:
I ended up having to log onto a higher level character and killing them until they deleted...

You killed Petro and made him delete?

Shame on you Vertas. I understand the squire's behaviour was wrong and you were introducing your friend to AR but I don't see your behaviour as any better than the squires.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject:

... No Tiqa... Actually I helped out Petro a lot. It was some jackass storm giant warrior. And my behavior was better because upon logging into higher level character he attacked me... Learn the facts before yelling at me...

Lol clifton I actually have been hit a lot in previous relationships... But I'm a guy... It's a long story... Needless to say I will never go miniature golfing ever again.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject:

When introducing people to mud try getting them to play either a healer or neutral. Even a newbie can stay alive with a healer and as a neutral you won't have as many people attacking you without provocation.

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject:

Kalist19 wrote:
as a neutral you won't have as many people attacking you without provocation.

That's not exactly true. The new breed of Legion wannabes are very prone to attacking first and asking for protection later.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject:

Kalist19 wrote:
When introducing people to mud try getting them to play either a healer or neutral. Even a newbie can stay alive with a healer and as a neutral you won't have as many people attacking you without provocation.

Great advice actually, thanks I'll start doing that.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Xerties wrote:
Kalist19 wrote:
as a neutral you won't have as many people attacking you without provocation.

That's not exactly true. The new breed of Legion wannabes are very prone to attacking first and asking for protection later.

Well legions/applicants attack anyone really. As a good/neutral though you really only have to expect evils to kill you. Goods shouldn't attack you unless you provoke them (if you are neutral that is) and neutrals don't usually attack without a reason.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject:

Vertas

My appologies. I am relatively new here. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions about if you killed off Petro or if the 'jackass storm giant warrior' actually made Petro meet his demise.

I love this game. To me, it's more fun playing with a player that is a similar level to me, than getting scolded and being on edge if I am doing things wrong.

With Asperioun gone, and my character gone, it will be so much harder to get together. I got such a laugh of the Petro logs...can't believe that is the same person.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject:

Ok, I've been drinking tonight so just ignore anything I've said.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: