Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 15 hours.

Bring me your items, or else.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abandoned Realms

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Bring me your items, or else.

Wimpy Therans, it is not too late to save yourselves. I have found a
crack in the arcane prison keeping my liege, Zaikkra the Destroyer of
Worlds, imprisoned in the seventh dimension. I merely need a source of
immense power, a cabal item, to grant me the strength to break the remaining
weavings. Bring me the cabal item now, and I shall ensure you a swift
death, instead of the prolonged torture that awaits you.

(Uncaballed player may now capture cabal items at a location in the Sewers under Seringale)

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Yes so.. the note should be clear.

I want to provide a way for the uncaballed to be able to capture cabal items. I don't mind the cabal powers so much themselves, they're rather well handled by flags anyway. This is more to press the need for defence, which I have noticed is lax.

Remember that if you capture a cabal item with no member in pk you will take a flag for that, and Justice is always a flag. That's the same deal as cabals presently get when they captures. (Although I'm not sure how many of them are aware of it, considering the amount of offline capturing I'm seeing going on.)

I am not sure at this point if you are flagged for just invading a cabal as uncaballed player.. getting mixed reports and havent really looked into it. Find out before you do anything you regret.

This holder is not available to the cabals.

0 0 0
rabidgecko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Seems like Keepers need a special flag for people who capture the item when no keepers are online. I know I've said this before, but this is a good place for it too.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject:

So we're basically letting the Karleen's and Thola's of AR have even more power now? Now douchebags like that raise hell even before that one Legion logs on.

0 0 0
RebornShadows

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject:

i have spoken with the immortal leader of Keepers about if keepers can use atonement if their cabal item is missing and he said that they still can.

On another note you cant attack people in the keeper path but keepers can still attack you WTF is up with that?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject:

Its like I told you already with the Keepers. I don't want to rush anymore and make it even more messed up. Gotta be careful about it. You can post ideas in that thread and I will select the best. Read the helpfile for guidance. People have been complaining atonement works with the item gone, but I left it purposefully like that because otherwise they are totally screwed... so I actually considered saccing rares for their bonuses to be beneficial in that regard - especially since Keepers might actually take peoples rares away, instead of just having them drop some. But I'd rather just have the nice buff.

0 0 0
RebornShadows

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject:

ok cool thanks for clearing that up for me.

So why cant people attack keeper's on their path?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject:

The short answer is, there's a bug.

The long answer is, cabals have been getting more and more convoluted over time, and the code was pretty entangled, so that its not easy to change one thing without upsetting something else. Intuitively it'd seem like there's just a truth statement written the wrong way around but thats not the case at all.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Bring me your items, or else.

Abandoned Realms wrote:
Wimpy Therans, it is not too late to save yourselves...I merely need a source of immense power, a cabal item, to grant me the strength to break the remaining weavings. Bring me the cabal item now... (Uncaballed player may now capture cabal items at a location in the Sewers under Seringale)

I'm not understanding this. At first I thought it was a quest, which was really cool, to go down into the sewers to try to find a cabal item and give it to an imm. But from the comments people are leaving, it doesn't seem like a quest.

Clifton wrote in another thread "Cabal members only have power severed when it is held by another cabal".

So, if an uncaballed person goes into the sewers and gets the cabal item, it seems it would have no negative affect on the cabal and just get the uncaballed person a wanted flag with no benefit.

I know I am missing something. I just don't get it.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject:

No, its a means for uncaballed players to wage limited cabal warfare. i.e., if you dont defend your item, even an uncaballed guy can drain it.

And you guys are getting flagged because you are capping items with nobody to defend. Quit whining about those flags. You 100% deserve it. Justice is always a flag because of its unique function. Keepers is not a flag because I haven't got there yet. It doesnt drain Keeper powers and they come for their item for RP. I am annoyed about it not being finished by now, but we will get there. I am not getting to itbecause of being sidetracked by multis and things.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject:

Tiqa, This isn't a place to get a cabal item, it is a place for an uncaballed character to take a cabal item after they break into a cabal and get it. Let's say you hate Knights and want to capture their item. You invade the Knight cabal killing the Holy Knight at the door. You move inside and kill the phantasm standing at the altar. When he is dead, you'll be able to take the cross from the altar. Now you take the cross and give it to the mob in the sewers. When you do, the Knights lose all of their special powers. Previously, you needed to be a caballed character to do anything but run around with the item.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Olyn for explaining it so clearly. What an excellent idea! Thank you Davairus.

So on the rare occasion where a couple of uncaballed players hate the Knights, would it work like this – uncaballed Player A takes their cabal item and gets a yellow flag, and if Player A hands it over to uncaballed Player B then the flag would be removed from Player A, and Player B would now have the flag. And when Player B gives it to the sewer mob then the flag would be removed from Player B and now the mob would have the flag? Or would both players continue to have a yellow flag (or some sort of flag) until a Knight kills them?

I’ll have a look around the sewers but I’m assuming the sewer mob has a description that makes it obvious who to give the cabal item to. Does the mob hold the item until a Knight kills it to get it back, or does the item return to the Knight’s altar when things reset? Does a Knight need to be logged on when an uncaballed player steals their item or can you steal it if no Knights are logged on?

0 0 0
deauja

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I see it more clearly now to. I use to be that no-cabal character running around with the knights cross, and no place to go. Unfortunately, I think a thief stole if from me while I passed through Seringale heading east.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Tiqa, the dealio with the different colored pk flag just means that you are holding a cabal item and everyone can attack you. The deal with the flag that is incurred when you take a cabal's item when a cabal member is not around are the flags specific to each cabal. If you steal the Knight's cross when a Knight isn't around you become Anathema. If you steal Legion's skull when a Legion isn't around you become contracted. Etc. etc. I also believe that you cannot give a cabal item to anyone besides the statue. Last time I tried as an uncaballed player I got a message about not trusting the person enough. If you gould give it to someone, you could give it to a random level 1 char and one hit KO them.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: