Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 11 hours, 14 mins.

Fixed some "gate spots" (heavens gate)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Keeper skill:

Just change the description and room echos of the spell that is effectively GATE but only within the area of the target. You know what Im talking about.

Or portal. You know thats a pretty nifty skill. Open a portal to where the guy is sitting and you and your 10 closest buddies can waltz through.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Keepers are already dominating, I hardly see the need to give them a skill that effectively allows them to gate to prey. I would just as soon see a damage spell for healers, or a set of them, other than the thoroughly gimped dispel undead.

Healers are a great class for survivability and when I played them quite a bit I almost never used heavens gate to get away from a fight. Ever. I used it to stay away from people, if I thought I was going to get ganged. But healers are almost impossible to kill either way. Flight/sanc/prsh/prot = catch me if you can jerk. Just spam directions with those up and you are virtually the most impossible person to kill. Couple that with elf silent move and you have a ninja healer, amazing at escaping.

I also think its a bit retarded to hear all this bitching about hoarding healers. They come and go. Usually they end up dead, full looted and deleted. Most especially I see this as dumb because you are attempting to FORCE Healers to fight keepers. Why should they be forced to fight a neutral? At all? Every one of their spells is specifically designed to kill evils (or escape them), forcing them to fight neutrals is a bit silly.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Faelon wrote:
Keepers are already dominating, I hardly see the need to give them a skill that effectively allows them to gate to prey. I would just as soon see a damage spell for healers, or a set of them, other than the thoroughly gimped dispel undead.

Lol. Keepers are dominating because one person is scoring a lot of kills. The same reason Knights were dominating (Atyrdolm) a few weeks ago. It doesn't change the fact that Keepers as a whole lack a pin down technique of any kind, no summon no curses, no nothing.

Quote:
I also think its a bit retarded to hear all this bitching about hoarding healers. They come and go. Usually they end up dead, full looted and deleted. Most especially I see this as dumb because you are attempting to FORCE Healers to fight keepers. Why should they be forced to fight a neutral? At all? Every one of their spells is specifically designed to kill evils (or escape them), forcing them to fight neutrals is a bit silly

In a cabal you are forced to go after certain people. In *every* cabal you are given tools to force a fight with these people even if only for a short duration. Every cabal but Keepers, who already lack classes like shaman and healer.

Take Lendorav for example who will literally run from Timaran to to Liberty and recall, rinse repeat and you'll never really catch him unless you get lucky or gangbang him which Keepers don't really seem to do. Any mage class can do this too and you've just got to hold on to hope and keep chasing. Now top that off with a headstart by the Keeper "warning" you and you've pretty much got a direct Keeper target who is for the most part out of reach.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
It doesn't change the fact that Keepers as a whole lack a pin down technique of any kind, no summon no curses, no nothing.

I hardly see how that is a coding based issue. Warlords didn't seem to have an issue with no summon/curse abilities.

Quote:
In *every* cabal you are given tools to force a fight with these people even if only for a short duration.

I disagree. In every cabal you are given *extra* abilities to deal with pk on a general level. Here we are actually talking about giving a cabal an ability to catch a specific class type. As far as keepers lacking healers and shamans, I would again point out that this was never a problem for the neutral based cabal in the past.

Lendorav's situation is simple. He has no reason nor abilities to counter a keeper. Why should he stay and fight?

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject:

The counterpoint is why should he be allowed to dodge fighting so easily?

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject:

Faelon wrote:

I disagree. In every cabal you are given *extra* abilities to deal with pk on a general level. Here we are actually talking about giving a cabal an ability to catch a specific class type. As far as keepers lacking healers and shamans, I would again point out that this was never a problem for the neutral based cabal in the past.

You can disagree but you're wrong. Legion can abduct and spy, Justices can ensnare and Knights can laso (w/e) and imprison. None of these skills are used to "pk on a general level" whatever the fuck that even means. In fact, most of these skills can't even be used in "general pk." Your issue, and perhaps why I should stop wasting my breath is that you completely miss the point. The point of a summon skill for Keepers wouldn't be for a specific class type, it would be for the general use of catching those people: thieves, warriors, ninjas, invokers, healers, illusionists, etc. who continue to run away-run away without fighting the Keeper who can only chase after you hoping you get clumsy. Gaarn would just run around the Timaran/Seringale square and wouldn't even bother to fight half the time, then just eat a purple pill once he ran out of moves. Keepers need to be able to stop that sort of skullfuckery.

As far as Warlords... you're still missing the point and I find myself doing the WTF emote in real life. Warlords and Keepers are completely different, they operate by loosely similar codes but have completely different purposes and ideals. Warlords had little purpose beyond fighting where Keepers *must* chase dangers to the ends of the game until they kill them and sacrifice their armor. Reality: cabal powers help faciliate cabal duties. Keepers duties are to kill hoarders, so... why or better yet, how are you even arguing this?

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject:

as the famous War said:

why can't we be friends?

why can't we be friends?

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject:

pip stop looking for me you jackass

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject:

keepers don't need any additional skills to catch anybody unless that skill is reserved for elite keepers (i don't think they have a title yet but think dreadlord in legion terms). The original issue here wasn't about keepers but rather about how healers can just skip town to avoid fights and not only skip town but hide behind a big mob. Every cabal member has to chase others in order to kill them, it has always been that way and I don't see why that needs to change. Cabals were meant for elite players and elite cabal skills were meant for elite players chasing elite players not so that they can pick on newbies easier. Now what if we changed heavens gate to a good aligned shop keeper instead? Healers can still retreat to that gate point but others such as keepers can follow to that point. I can't really think of an area that has a bunch of aggros that would make it difficult to reach a good aligned shop keeper.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject:

You are trully a stupid piece of shit, aren't you? I was attempting to have a conversation with you, but it appears you are completely lacking in any form of fucking social skills at all. Dumbass.

Your first arguement holds. And since you appear to have missed my point I will try this again. Just because you are going to use this keeper skill on everyone doesn't mean it wasn't created with specific purpose in mind. To be used on hoarding healers, which was what started this whole conversationn in the first place you fucktard.

Your second arguement means nothing. The specific purpose of the cabal has no bearing on my point whatsoever. Warlords were capable of taking down healer hoarders. So, as it appears by your automatic prick attitude that you have had or have a keeper, why are you incapable of doing so? Because you are a no talent ass clown. That's why.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject:

Keeper's don't need some special power to gate to their enemy, that would make them rather ridiculous. An invoker/illusionist hybrid...come on. A better proposal could perhaps be a 0 or 1 round MAX duration portal lock, where all manner of porting away is denied (basically a curse). A variation of that idea could be the duration based upon a particular rare threshhold. The higher the threshhold the longer the duration...could max that at 3 rounds if you were decked with uniques and high powered rares.

Barring that, maybe its time for a new neutral type of healer class to balance the true healers and shaman. Max heal could be heal serious. Give it access to summon and sanctuary. Most of the healer's defensive spells minus fly and either shield or stone skin. I would think it would not have the protection spell either, unless it was 1/2 as effective as protection but works against both evil and good. Whatever, just some meandering thoughts.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject:

I'm not going to go back and forth with you Faelon suffice to say you're an idiot. People who bring us such prize and prime pkers like Thoroer shouldn't have an opinion when it comes to any PK related issues, much less be able to post at all. 0/10 with a Healer? And you're really commenting on anything PK related?

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject:

Faelon, if you are looking to start a flame war please specify the person you are targetting.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject:

Cool. You guys are all way too smart. There's cabal who's entire purpose is to take you out because you have way too many rares. Luckily for you, you have a nice, safe, secure spot you can get to pretty much instantly which said cabal has no way of getting to. Good argument saying that Keepers don't need a skill like that. No reason Keepers should be given the tools necessary to fulfill their cabal duties. You want to say other cabals don't have similar tools? Well their purpose isn't to track down and eliminate dirty hoarders. But, imprison and tether for Knights, ensnare (9 hours) for justice, shackle and abduct for Legion. You know how many of those skills you can word/heaven's gate to escape?

Your argument sucks.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject:

Someone repost that big ascii facepalm graphic for me.

0 0 0
RebornShadows

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject:

...........................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject:

I was pointing at Erlwith.

Quote:
Cool. You guys are all way too smart. There's cabal who's entire purpose is to take you out because you have way too many rares. Luckily for you, you have a nice, safe, secure spot you can get to pretty much instantly which said cabal has no way of getting to. Good argument saying that Keepers don't need a skill like that. No reason Keepers should be given the tools necessary to fulfill their cabal duties. You want to say other cabals don't have similar tools? Well their purpose isn't to track down and eliminate dirty hoarders. But, imprison and tether for Knights, ensnare (9 hours) for justice, shackle and abduct for Legion. You know how many of those skills you can word/heaven's gate to escape?

Your argument sucks.

I love how you actually address my points at every turn! Amazing.

Warlords didn't need them. Why. Do. You.

I know, I know. BLAH BLAH BLAH, keepers NEEED to kill people, because thats their purpose. Blah. Blah. Blah. Purpose don't mean shit, when it comes down to PK balance. Warlords could actually DO IT. Woah. Wait, huh? Despite purpose, they could pk. Thats wierd. I mean, because they didn't NEED to pk people.. but they could still do it. Fuck me, thats strange.

BTW.. Erlwith.. pointing at my under 50 healer for pk, thats kind of idiotic.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Warlords could do it because of the dual whips/flails and lash form, lagging them long enough for pro shield/fly to drop and spam the lags on top of the consistant lashing. The fact is, EVERY cabal except Keepers have skills that are intended to kill, not wound. Abduct is strictly - you gonna fucking die and your shit is forfeit. Imprison straps you in a dungeon with your fav pwning machine and ensnare lets you suffer the beat down of a justice and the lovely suped up special guard. Yeah, you can run circles to live, but with a good enough player (ME), I'm gonna be on your ass like white on rice and their not shit you can do about it. Yes, I'll admit. I have my bias opinion towards Keeper because I feel that the Treant Thews set is quite uber, but the only thing aside from invading to kill is just pure skill. So, why not? Healers have been that one class that I just avoid fighting because it's completely pointless. You let them get enough distance and shakalaka they are gone. So, maybe make heaven's gate more like nexus, except without the long long lag, maybe just a long one. You open a gate, (opens to random place) look through it and decide if you want to go there or not and then keep trucking it. Illusionist are the only class that I really think need the - c gate beefcake shoowee i'm gone - kind of exit because they don't have the curing capacity/flight/refresh combo. So..all in all...eat more chiken.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Well since I can't edit, I just wanted to say that I do feel that there needs to be a tweak to heaven's gate. It's obvious that Davairus wants a change or else the topic wouldn't even be here, so why don't we stop bitching about why YOU think it shouldn't be changed and all put our brain juices together to find a nice, simple solution without all the bitch bitch bitching.

Oh and Erlwith, you know I wanna have your baby but it's not my fault you are impotent..

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Ugh, like talking to a brick wall. Anyway, how about a 12-24 hour skill (depending on cabal level maybe) - if you try and recall/teleport/gate/etc. in that time period the Keepers get a message from their guardian and you repop inside their cabal. Another idea is using any sort of transporation skill while under the cabal power will launch you into a room with a Keeper Avatar who will do one lump attack to you depending on how many rares you have and will let you exit up to Timaran center. If you die, you get teleport explosion.

I also think atonement should scale with cabal level. It seems really powerful now, and while you might be thinking of toning it down I think it should really only be at max power at max cabal ranks even if it is nerfed a bit. You shouldn't want to fuck with the Keepermaster's atonement.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: