Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 10 hours, 4 mins.

Fixed some "gate spots" (heavens gate)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject:

picpen wrote:

Oh and Erlwith, you know I wanna have your baby but it's not my fault you are impotent..

Where do you think I got that yeast infection from?

0 0 0
kammkala6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Why is it that every idea certain people come up with directly benefits them somehow? Also, what will happen if they delete and create a new char, will the circle start again?

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Once again to summarize.

Clifton believes there should be a keeper skill similar to gate because of the keeper's inability to chase down the hoarding healer. This is the reason for this whole thread, it is to find a way for healers to still be able to run like a pussy but not to a spot that is unreachable. This doesn't mean keepers should have a "gate" skill that allows them to track down everybody else though!!!!!!Why not just give them "goto" and "wizi" while you are at it?

It's amazing to me how many people are pining for an uber skill when all we have shown so far is keepers inability to kill one class and one class that everybody has a problem killing. FYI just in case you think gate is so hot, there are implications here you don't even realize. Let say some healer finds a cool area where he can heaven's gate to and one spot away from that area is a no recall/no exit bastard room i.e. a room in redhorne. Keeper gates to healer and starts to fight, keeper's sanc runs out so he flees. Oooooops, he is in that room and now he is FUBAR. What's next? You start pining for a skill that makes sure keeper's don't fall into those rooms?

0 0 0
Master

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject:

No, I think that the Keepers would be told to not be pussies and deal with it, most likely.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject:

I think you're missing the point insom. And I know you're missing the point faelon. If a healer didn't want to fight a warlord, do you really think that the healer would die? Really? You do? Really? *smh* point is that either heavens gate needs a nerf, or keepers need a way to stop their target ( Danger flagged people) from just word/gating to guaranteed safety, or both. The fact of the matter is that no class should have guaranteed safety. If you disagree with that simply because of tradition, you are wrong and should go play a mush.

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject:

I'm not missing the point. I'm strongly in favor of nerfing heavens gate and strongly opposed to giving keepers a gate/portal skill/spell. The reason for this is because keepers have a problem tracking down healers and nobody else. At least nobody else has complained about the keeper's inability to track down a thief let say. So why give an uber skill to a cabal when the issue stems from one class?

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject:

The crux of the issue lies in the fact that the two most vocal advocates for this change appear to have something to gain from it. Not one damn peep has been heard out of the peanut gallery in favor of this. Keepers don't need a gate ability. Nerf gate all you'd like, take it away even and healers still won't die. Just like any other mage/cleric combo with enough gold for flying scrolls. Run run run, word, run some more hide in oddball area.

Btw, I understand you argument in favor of this. Simply because every other cabal has a hold down method doesn't mean that keepers getting one is justified.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Theres always nuggets of corn in a pile of shit.

Quote:
Anyway, how about a 12-24 hour skill (depending on cabal level maybe) - if you try and recall/teleport/gate/etc. in that time period the Keepers get a message from their guardian and you repop inside their cabal.

Now fucking quit arguing or Jotuns will invade other areas.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject:

Well the thread has gotten so long that its began kinda going around in circles. I will just say I am not prepared to fix heavens beacon yet, but I am aware that healers are doing some very cheesy stuff with it. On a related note, it looks like the lack of lethality on the healer class leads players to resort to "creative" kills/.... I've seen they tend to abuse tricks in areas, lead people into no-exits that they can recall from easily, etc. We need to take steps to make sure that the healer class is respected for having reliable skills and not just suillied by a few people's cheesy play. They're required to defend others, not just themselves, sometimes. That's an area where healers could use a bit more work too. Sometimes a healer needs to put his ass on the line for somebody else's sake, maybe even give his eq out to the needy and naked. This way people won't be wanting them dead so bad. Maybe you are required to be a chaotic if you are a battle-healer (i.e. so you have divine ret), so that we dont have something like Lendorav doing his gate/locking door stuff to get kills on people he's annoyed with constable fines. he'd just go chaotic

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject:

davairus last post makes me miss Tersault..

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Are goodies/healers allowed to give away equipment that they have requested? I was quite sure they were not able to. I do realize that not all equipment that goods obtain are requested and therefore the non-requested items are not in question. I just want to make sure that it is not misunderstood on what goods can give away and must keep.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject:

read help request. You are not supposed to give away requested items, you are supposed to give it back to the mob and make them request it.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject:

I was pretty certain on that point, but with what Dav had intimated, I wanted to be sure. I also didnt want any of the newer people reading this post to get caught up in the difference between what sounds acceptable for a good aligned character to do and what is actually allowable in the game.

0 0 0
Adebaldi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
They're required to defend others, not just themselves, sometimes. That's an area where healers could use a bit more work too. Sometimes a healer needs to put his ass on the line for somebody else's sake,

I wanted to help others with my healer, but you don't really see people getting ganged that much anymore, especially right now that evils are in thier all-time low.

Quote:
I've seen they tend to abuse tricks in areas, lead people into no-exits that they can recall from easily, etc.

I don't really see much wrong in when people try to think while fighting instead of just running around spamming their only afflictive, especially when they are on the defensive.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Oh, I must be mistaken, apparently its okay to have one trap in the game which is lockable by the player and it is a small cursed area with a nopass door. Because that takes lots of thought and couldnt just be insider knowledge. Lets overlook the people figuring out how to abuse those things are the same sites busted for other forms of cheating. All fair.

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Are you referring tot he Dal Kaldar trap? I thought that was removed? It did take me a long time to research that one and make it viable. Took me days of planning and i was successful in making a knight starve to death. But as you said, deception is not recommended on AR so there shouldn't be any death traps like that one.

0 0 0
Gadlo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Maybe you are required to be a chaotic if you are a battle-healer (i.e. so you have divine ret)

divine ret is more of a defensive spell as you can't really make use of it while chasing someone (only lasts 6ish rooms since moving rooms decreases its duration and costs 75 mana to use)

i don't see why it couldn't be made to be either usable with protective shield and keep the room movement thing OR keep it as not usable with protective shield and remove the room movement reducing the duration)

as it is now, its only really used against shaman or invokers, as against all others it would make more sence to use protective shield, unless somehow you manage to trap someone in a room that they cannot flee from (like a noexit, or into a fly only room and you dispel their flight)

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: