Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 2 hours.

Fiction
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Insom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Fiction

Prologue: The War that Ended All

As Zaikkra stepped through the nexus and escaped to the Barren Wilderness, an insignificant figure kneeled down at the edge of Winter and dropped a small pebble. Almost immediately the surrounding lands slowly turned into a shade of gray and all organic life turned into dust. The event was so small and the person so unspectacular no one paid any attention. But it was an act that would soon be noticed by all.

It has been said that the single greatest act in all of history was the creation of all that is. The Creator stood above all in this act of power and while many have strived for it none have came close. In the last eerie nights surrounding the demise of the Mystics that aided the demons, a mad man became “enlightened”.

“What better way to show that I’m an equal to the Creator, no...greater than the Creator if I can undone what he has done.” Thought the mad man to himself. Thus a plan of madness was hatched.

Using the summoning stones left behind when Zaikkra left, the mad man was able to partially reverse all that is and reduce it to gray and ash. He now seeks the remaining stones not to summon Zaikkra but to place them all over Thera. Once the grayness expands and converges at a single point, all the energies will converge and pull all that is into a single point. This would effectively destroy all that was created and the dimension would be no more.

Unknown to the mad man was that an even more insane immortal was watching his progress and schemed to make the glory his own. He descended to the mortal realms, assumed his former undead self and raised a large army of ghouls and zombies and sought the stones himself all under the guise of Legion.

Thus begins the new war!!!!!

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Is this a creative way of saying that Legion has a new mortal leader?

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Absolutely not!!!! That's why it's titled fiction. This is just a story nothing more.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject:

The banner of Legion raised, Resatimm marched on with his army of undead minions in search of the summoning stones that would the undo the creation of all that is. Meanwhile, the figure deemed insignificant chuckled to himself at the chaos that would follow his minor offering to the world. That is, until an unlikely visitor arrived.

"Davairus, why did you release those objects to the world?" asked Burzuk.

"Nevermind that, where have you been?" Davairus replied.

"This temporal plane bores me. I have transcended to a higher state of being. Physically, I am still in Thailand with my companion Sun Nam - she is quite beautiful. Look, I just came here to tell you to go ahead and implement that new 'Nexus' feature we talked about. Also test out combat module A because I think it is ready. Give giant Justice combos a special legacy while you are at it."

"......uhhh. Yeah about that..."

"Hey, I have to go. Sun Nam is calling me. He gets so angry sometimes."

"I thought you said he was a she?"

"She.. well.. its complicated. I have to go now. Don't worry, I'll talk to you in a few years."

"..nnnngh"

Elsewhere, adventurers were stirring as the grave peril presented by the existence of the stones started to become clear. The first to become alerted to the threat was known as Marsd, who frantically turned on mIRC and AIM in order to alert his fellow adventurers. Message after message was painstakingly detailed and crafted before sending, but each time his correspondence failed.

"Why my message fail?" asked Marsd.

Already OOC grouped together, Groq gave the reply. "Yoou have a 1400 MS ping and dropp packets left and right. Hoow can yoou expectck to get anything through wifth that? Let me--". His voice was abruptly cut-off as he stumbled head-first into a sign and remained locked in a drunken stupor on the ground.

"No! I can accomplish! I write script that send message when ping improve. Hey!11 Where you go? No matter."

Five hours later the ping did improve to the tune of 300 MS, and Marsd was in business. His message was broadcast wide and far, though at the cost of five lives as he kept dying due to thirst and water. More puzzling still, a custom grope emote was utilized on every female he passed along the way to the fountain which he failed to drink from. This turned out to be only one female, who in actuality was being played by Erlwith who did not mind.

Mico3 has entered the realms.

Mico72 has entered the realms.

EstonianWunderbeef has entered the realms.

"Wat is problem?" said Mico72.

"Davairus dropped so many summoning stone all over the place and they can kill the world!!" Marsd replied.

"How you know this?"

"I can hax the game! I get the source code from FL. Its like the same thing. Except it suck. Actually it not really the same at all. But I still pretty sure there are stone around we need find."

"I say how you know this?"

"I already tell you!!"

"How you know this?"

"WTF!!"

"What do you mean you can hax the game?"

Brothers in 1000 MS, Marsd and Mico continued their conversation. Meanwhile, Clifton was taking action.

"Rally the troops!! E-Ant! Groq! Rayor! Kalist! Phostan! Jeo! Pip! Who else do we know??"

"Umm Slade is in here?" replied Xerties.

"I hope you and your tard OOC group get wiped" said Slade.

"But the realm is in danger!" Clifton said.

"Lol did you know this card costs 28 dollars. Its not even a real card. That is only one sixtieth of your deck, too." said Slade as everyone suddenly stopped paying attention to him.

The OOC band was formed and ready to collect the stones for themselves. Each member began suiting up and preparing. A torrential sound boomed in their midst as Xerties inexplicably disappeared.

"What the fuck just happened?!" shouted Clifton.

"He was just putting on his platinum pieces" Pip replied.

A look of sudden understanding befell a few of them as Kalist was the first to say, "Don't you see?? The sheer crappiness of each one of those pieces, when combined formed a massively powerful black hole of suck that instantly killed him!"

"We can it still make do.. hey, that Tiqa is there?" asked E-Ant.

"Good fodder. We can use her as a human shield." said Pip.

Rayor was the first to act. "...heyyy baby. Wanna come for a ride?"

Tiqa started, "Sure!!! I love rides. One time I was at--"

"Yeah whatever, let's go" interrupted Pip.

Unbeknownst to them, the army of Resatimm had already collected all but one stone and was about to converge right on top of them at the site of the last stone.

"WTF is that?" cried Clifton.

"Looks like a bunch of zombies and shit" said Pip.

"Who that be?!" whined Marsd, now joined with the team.

"Maybe it is Resatimm - he is the only one dumb enough to play a necromancer." said Kalist.

"This is so cool!" Tiqa exclaimed.

"OMG they are coming" gasped Rayor.

Resatimm's necromancer minions began directing their sub-armies as they frenetically shouted, "Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!".

"GODDAMNIT WE JUST LEFT LARP 45 MINUTES AGO. THIS IS AR AGAIN DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT??" boomed Resatimm.

Resatimm's necromancer minions shouted, "Rend Life! Rend Life! Rend Life! Rend Life!".

"That's better. Since you all participate in the Special Olympics I guess I will be the one to blind or weaken every now and then on the supertards that aren't wearing mal saves.

Mico74 has entered the realms.

Rayor's punch MUTILATES a necromancer lieutenant!
"How do we kill a necromancer?!?" shouted Rayor.

Mico74's slash decimates Resatimm!

"Dirt kick" replied Jeo
Jeo's dirt kick bounces off Resatimm's weapon ward.

"Run away and logout until the army has dwindled and then come back" said Pip

"Maybe I create script that kill zombie while you take on necromancer" said Marsd

Resatimm casts Power Word: Kill on Mico74 and he disintegrates instantly!

EstonianStallion69 has entered the realms.

E-Ant's crush DISEMBOWELS a zombie of Stevie Johnson the level 3 Ice Bandit (LARP)!
"Hobble" said E-Ant

Kalist's magic DISEMBOWELS Resatimm!
Kalist's magic *** DEMOLISHES *** Resatimm!
"Skirmish if you can" said Kalist

Mico84 has entered the realms.
Mico84's thwack hits Resatimm!

EstonianStallion69's pierce injures Resatimm!

Mico74's slash decimates Resatimm!
"Multi so have better equipment or all attack at once" said Mico74.

"Hey Tiqa you wanna.. you know.. do it?" Rayor asked

Tiqa giggled.

A battle cry erupted from the other far side of the undead army. "BONNNZAI!" shouted a voice recognizable as Slade.

Slade's divine power MUTILATES Resatimm!
Slade's divine power MULILATES Resatimm!
Slade flees!

Slade's divine power DISEMBOWELS Resatimm!
Slade flees!

Slade's divine power MUTILATES Resatimm!
Slade's divine power DISEMBOWELS Resatimm!
Resatimm's corpse falls to the ground.
Resatimm is dead!!
Slade gets 4727 gold coins from the corpse of Resatimm.
Slade gets a potion of armor from the corpse of Resatimm.
Slade gets a torn page of U'Dal from the corpse of Resatimm.
Clifton gets summoning stone from the corpse of Resatimm.
Clifton gets summoning stone from the ground.
Clifton gets Nimbus of Power from the corpse of Resatimm.

"Hey give those back I earned them" Slade said.

"LOL noob" replied Clifton.

"Haa that was easy what was all the fuss about. Lets grab a beer." said Rayor

"Maybe my calculation was off. Script act funny lately" said Marsd.

Not everyone was busy enjoying the shared victory.

Pip's backstab >>> ANNIHILATES <<< Clifton!
Pip's double backstab *** DEMOLISHES *** Clifton!
Clifton's corpse falls to the ground.
Clifton is dead!!
Pips gets summoning stones from the corpse of Clifton.

Mico108 has entered the realms.

"roflcoptor I have the stones now bitches" said Pip.

Just then, a new presence was felt as the insignificant figure revealed himself from the shadows.

"nnnggghh clones" said Davairus as he moved his palm about.
Mico108 has disconnected.
Mico74 has disconnected.
EstonianStallion has disconnected.
Mico84 has disconnected.
E-Ant has disconnected.

"Sorry, but I had to ban the entire country of Estonia again. Now then, I meant to say, based on my calculations of the nano-paracortex of the summoning stone's phasar-genome, clearly these items are too powerful to be in the game in their current state" said Davairus as he moved his palm about some more and the stones held by Pip turned to lumps of coal.

"WTF FUCK YOU THIS IS BULLSHIT YOU ARE JUST TARGETTING ME BECAUSE YOU'RE A DICK MUNCHER. ISN'T HE A DICK MUNCHER EVERYONE? WAIT I REALLY LIKE YOU DAV ZOMG" cried Pip.

"nehh whatever let's go guys" said Kalist, as everyone began to depart.

"So what happened?? I heard there was quite a battle!" said Vanisse.

"My friends and I killed Resatimm and the dark army of necromancers, zombies and ghouls. I think so much of all my new friends. I had such a great experience fighting alongside them and seeing new things and they all mean so much to me." said Tiqa.

"Wow!" explained Vanisse. "Let's write it up in the Mystique!"

volume 9 of the Mystique, chapter 8 lay on the ground

'read volume battle'

"THE BATTLE OF THE STONES
So it was that the stones of darkness were made known the world, setting a host of noble adventurers and a dastardly immortal on a quest to collect them all for their own gain. Leading the charge were the heroic champions Rayor and Tiqa against the nefarious but ultimately futile Resatimm. The necromancer was no match for the combined might of two heroes united in their shared destiny of greatness and enlightened passion. The stones in their possession, the pair benevolently donated them to Davairus so that the realms may once again rest in peace. May these heroes be forever remain in our hearts."

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject:

Slade got my idea that I wanted someone to continue my story. what I didn't anticipate was that he was gonna make a comedy out of it. Heh.

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject:

These fracking rock

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject:

Fucking heralds

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Laughing love it

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Um.............................

How the fuck do we continue the story now?

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject:

"Burzuk, you are back again? You must be bored" said Davairus.

"Oh no, me no Burzuk. Me Sun Nam. Me wish to see what the fuss about."

"oh well ugh right."

20 minutes later, Sun Nam is bored after failing to make it out of mud school.

Sun Nam tells Mico155 "where do I get some eq?"

Mico155 tells Sun Nam "deny Davairus and..."

Mic155 has disconnected.

Sun Nam tells Mico155 "ok....me try"

Mico1 through Mico 300 has entered the realms.

"hmmmm Dav is gone sweet!"

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject:

It is interesting that this old crap gets necro'ed back up though. I didn't think of it as really a major introduction of new content.. we just threw around seven stones and opened a new area/coterie. It was almost random but Zaikkra's been established as a threat to the world previously. Maybe its time for a new bad guy, this looks tired. Its funny because its a few years ago pre-wow, if I tried something like this nowadays Baer and m1c0 would be trolling me with "lol its second age 2.2.1" kinda stuff.

Nice parody and as usual funny because there's a lot of truth to that .

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject:

wow that was just great. I love it.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject:

I loved it too.

You are both very talented at writing and story telling. Insom, reading your words and your tale was on par with any fantasy book I have read. And Slade, you are hilarious.

I've been playing AR for 9 months now. Yikes! There is such a steep learning curve here and I've read (and re-read) many of the forum posts dating back years and years, so I have some sense of who the different people are in your stories and from what I read in the forum posts you nailed it in your story. That was so good.

My recollection maybe a bit foggy, but aren't the summoning stones for the Heralds to give out to talk with folks in the Realm rather than something destructive?

Some of the characters in your story/forums I'm not quite clear about. Is Pip/Mico and Clifton/Marsd four different people or two people with schizophrenic personalities?

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject:

No the summoning stones are found on the final bosses of different challenge areas, Winter, Redhorne, Underworld, Xanthak, and many more. When all gathered together you put them in the place in the sewers and they summon Zaikkra You fight Zaikkra there, and then You go to winter and have to fight through a super tough area to get to Zaikkra. Collected all the stones with my last knight group, Went in there on Karsol, and we all died halfway through and ran out of time. Ended up not being able to kill Zaikkra after all of that cause of running out of time rofl.

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Xerties and Krexx.....i can't spell this guys name squid Ill. We collected the stones a while back and to our dismay she fled back to Barren Wilderness. I would've loved to have that portal stay open and we go through with her. Imagine just a group of 3 in barren? It would be over in a hurry.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject:

I giggled like a little girl reading Slades rant.

I'm just glad it was me and the chick that were still alive cuz that's just how it would really happen anyways.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject:

@Tiqa
marsd is marsd as far as marsd can tell marsd...

Not sure about Clifton though Wink

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Someone should put up links to all the fake logs we've had over the years. There have been some fun ones.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/109789/message/1045125612/AR+takes+on+Iraq

http://www.network54.com/Forum/109789/message/1045259657/AR+Takes+on+Iraq+part+II

0 0 0
rabidgecko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject:

here are the gerom logs that Mahkan, Ergorion, and I made:

http://www.invokation.net/logs/view.php?id=2966
http://www.invokation.net/logs/view.php?id=2969
http://www.invokation.net/logs/view.php?id=2970

Some of the better times on AR.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: