Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 4 hours.

anyone thinking of applying to keeper read here

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: anyone thinking of applying to keeper read here

I don't know how Hrimoyan feels about this but the ratio of Keeper applicants that I've seen with retarded names and/or background stories is mindboggling. Anyone who wants seriously considered applications to any other cabal writes them in a mature fashion. So I don't know what the deal is with Keepers. I guess very few of you take them seriously. IF THAT'S THE CASE FOR YOU THEN DON'T APPLY. It is a waste of time on everybody's part, including yours, since I will thumbs-down you.

The only way to get this cabal regarded with any sort of esteem is to have players in it who carry out cabal duties and roleplay at a respectable level. Maybe a lot of you don't like Keepers. But they are here, and Dav is devoting his time to working on them, and the least you all can do is stop making retarded gnome applicants.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Vanisse, not only are you stereotyping gnomes, but it's also a blatantly false stereotype.

Gnomes are "brilliantly intelligent ... highly developed senses of wisdom."

Retarded gnomes. That's like talking about genius stone giants.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I thought that was one of things that get checked around 15 with description and all of that by the Imms, so if they passed there (I know a few leak through though) and don't get bothered they were considered ok.

But since that's not the case, yeah, ..what Vanisse said. I really don't understand what people's gripes are about Keepers though outside of people getting bent out of shape for their rares.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Ergorion wrote:
Vanisse, not only are you stereotyping gnomes, but it's also a blatantly false stereotype.

Gnomes are "brilliantly intelligent ... highly developed senses of wisdom."

Retarded gnomes. That's like talking about genius stone giants.

First thing you gotta learn at college is to shut up sometimes. Wink - Don't be that guy in class.

If I named a gnome Woyah, pretty sure that's a retarded gname.

0 0 0
FenixMajere

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject:

sorry i have to be a smartass but Clifton whats a gname?

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject:

bad joke apparently.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject:

FenixMajere wrote:
sorry i have to be a smartass but Clifton whats a gname?

You're not sorry if you're still doing it. In the same sentence at that.

All cabal leaders, and any mortal who inducts should *always* be checking player ratings for backgrounds and reading them over. That is common sense, also it is good for checking up on how many hours your apps play.

0 0 0
Blyden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject:

On the subject of genius Stone Giants. If a Stone giant could be Neutral Neutral Warrior I would MAYBE think about one for keepers...Don't know if I am alone there but I have had this conversation about neutral neutral Stone Giant Warriors before with more than one person. If there is a major reason other than RP of a giant being completely chaotic I would like to know for my own knowledge.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject:

I made a suggestion about stone giants a while back. Basically putting it out to poll about what could/should be done about making them a viable race, since I do not believe there is a single active one out there. I just checked and there are a total of 9 stone giants all but 2 of them have any time this month. One for 90 minutes the other for 5. I was basically told then that stone giants were they way they were going to be and to live with it. Which is funny because I wasnt asking because I wanted to play one (really, with their stats and weaknesses compounded by their alignment selection, who would) but I just wanted either the race to be "fixed" in some sense so we could actually see one walking around the realms. Davarius said that they were tribal, they werent changing and basically that was that. Anyway, in this case the customer is never right, so unless Dav wants to eat crow, which that shit doesnt taste good, stone giants will remain an unplayed race. Just to throw this out there Blyden, I am not sure you offering to play one is the incentive needed to get any changes made to them.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject:

Burzuk made stone giants chaotic specifically so they couldn't join Keepers.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject:

Stiehl26 wrote:
Which is funny because I wasnt asking because I wanted to play one (really, with their stats and weaknesses compounded by their alignment selection, who would) but Dav didn't make it exactly the way I wanted it to be so instead of actually wanting to play one I really just wanted them to be changed to fit my specific mood because I know best.

FTFY.

Stone giant warrior are probably the best tank for 90% of the end game PVE content that AR offers which you guys haven't experienced. Want proof? Just ask Rayor.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Clifton, come on man. I HATE giant classes. I DO NOT PLAY THEM EVER. I am not a lifer. I do not have the time to spend training a 2 intelligence race with 2 billion xp needed to get to 50. I will say this ONE MORE TIME...at the time I had looked at which races were very very rarely played and simply asked why arent they played and what could do to make them more playable. I do have several 50's I do have multiple cabal members, I do not pk all that well, on most days I can get in 2 hours, so I'm averaging about 10-15 hours a week, all at the same times. I have a very sneaking suspicion that if it were up to you we would all still think the world is flat, because you never bothered to ask "why"...you frankly just like to pick up your gut, move it out of the way to get to your keyboard, down 2 liters of mountain dew and wish to god you knew what it was to see the outside or talk to someone about something other than "that time you killed so and so with this and that". Those must make for some great conversations.

0 0 0
FenixMajere

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Mountain dew sucks.
Whiskey good.

0 0 0
Nyub101
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Not to be a nudge, but on the whole respect for Keepers... Fix the help file in game for 'Help Keeper'. Needs to be word wrapped to 80 characters. Heheh. In my opinion, for the newer crowd it would help because all other cabals are word wrapped to 80 characters. Good applicants start with good notes/applications which generally lead to good players.

0 0 0
Gadlo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject:

I played a stone berserker for a while (reached 40ish), was very boring, but then again, I don't like warriors, berserkers, or rangers.....

0 0 0
Blyden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject:

They cannot be rangers anymore.

0 0 0
Nyub101
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject:

They can't be rangers? Since when... I just started leveling a ranger just for Keepers...

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Stone giants cant be rangers is what he meant.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: