Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 5 hours.

Roll Call
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Roll Call

So, the idea for this thread is to see who's still here from the first age or shortly after the purge. If you can't remember at least Riven then this isn't the thread for you. I would really like you to post whether you still play or not, if you're just passing through or lurking on the boards, that's enough. This thread is just about memories, so lets just put any bad feelings or whatevers aside, drop a name in and say hey I played AR. I don't care what's happened since. Trust me, no matter what, I would much rather you post and give some love for here than not do it. Lets just show respects for the monster pk rampage game we played together back then.

The board gets hammered with account creation bots so, FYI, enter "fork12" into the captcha instead of whatever it says there.

Last edited by Davairus on Sat May 31, 2014 9:09 am; edited 2 times in total

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject:

I was introduced to AR in 98 by a friend. Only one caballed character before purge - Cleopatra Clitorus, storm pali knight. Oh to be young again...

0 0 0
reiwan

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject:

I was here during the second age. Maybe 2 years before the purge (?). I just recently started playing again. its been a couple years since I last played. Only possibly known character I had was my warlord Lorn.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I feel so young. I started when Sethanon and Naugroth were assraping people. AR was still on Kharduin, but it was post purge I think. So I guess I shouldnt even be posting!

0 0 0
dead

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject:

I was here pre-purge. 97 or 98, not sure. No cabal chars. Drizztt a drow cleric. Think I only made it to 46 with him, never pinnacled. And a ninja that was SOO much fun attempting to assassinate people. Took a 10 year break and found you guys still here. Active since I returned, most of that time atleast.

Last edited by dead on Mon May 24, 2010 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Nyub101
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject:

I started playing in, I believe, 1997 as that was 8th grade for me.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Phostan forced me to try AR in grade 10 - 1997? I was a complete noob in first age, the highest char I had was a level 36 dark knight named Lucavi. I had a lot of fun charming people and making them attack the priest of darkness but I died a hell of a lot more than I killed. I remember a lot of big scary guys running through town fighting all the time: Orcrist, Coven, Sedgewick, lots more I can't remember.

BTW Res I'm like 80% sure Sethanon was after the purge, wasn't he?

0 0 0
FenixMajere

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject:

I started playing in 98 or 99 during my cancer treatments stopped playing for 3 years came back left for another 1 and a half and now im back. No really good characters dont think i ever made it past 36 back in the day.

0 0 0
Krakknot

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject:

I was introduced to AR in '99. I never had any notable players but I've been hooked since then. Even after lengthy breaks, I cant stop reading the boards and then get sucked back in.

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Memories

I can't remember exactly when I started playing. My first character was Vixen, some slith warrior who sucked ballsack. My most memorable sight was Sethanon and my most memorable characters were Vaargus and Arishel. I remember fighting Resatimm with my Avian Knight Healer...Yeah, that was fun Res. Stupid avian healers...Lol. That is why there are none around. Mal weakness sucks, Lol.

My most memorable experience was when I had Duriel a duergar warrior and a halfling thief that began with an M (I think) tried to backstab me and I countered for UNSPEAKABLE THINGS. I was devoted after that, and I'm still here. Quit for 2 years, but came back and I've been loving and missing it ever since.

0 0 0
kammkala6

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject:

I had my first rank 50 at the time Resatimm was raping people, duergar shaman and Resatimm was asking me for aura often. I myself had very little clue.

0 0 0
Ramodd

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject:

'97. Res you suck. Hi Kalist.

I love this game, wish I had time to get back in it (Although, I like my stage 7 status). I'll be lurking around in the forum and chatroom. Long live AR.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject:

'98 - Might the Storm Paladin killing cityguard heads in the mob factory 4 life.

I think it took me 4 years before I hit 50... stupid rage deleting.

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject:

I don't even remember the year I started was a long ass time ago though that's for sure. The mob factory was the shit though, haha.

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Wow fun thread!

I'm not certain what year I started playing but I think it was most likely after the purge, been at least 11 or 12 years anyway...

My first character was some god awful monk who's name I cant remember and who got pk'd by anybody invis because i didnt know where to get clear potions. My first caballed character was a Herald bard called Bulan, my first 50 too - next caballed guy was Kran a psi legion guy.

Was fun as hell, AR has given me lots of fun times

0 0 0
Dorimos

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject:

My first character was a human invoker named Alaga. Got him up to 37 if I remember correctly. Was introduced to AR back in 97 in my Information Technologies class by a group of friends that played. Sadly out of 12 friends only two of us still play. We would have mud parties and shit oh it was fun as fuck lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

0 0 0
casden

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject:

I started in 98 with a human shaman, ranked to 50 and got owned alot. I loved the harm spam it was so cheese!

I was watching TV one day when my brother (Bucky) said hey let's play this game it looks cool and I was hooked ever since =(.

Still playin...

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject:

I started playing in early 98. Stone warrior, don't remember the name. I thought eagle armor was the best ever. First 50 was Wedge Antillies, human paladin. Then the purge happened and I played through that. Took a long break through 2002-2005ish cause I was in the Marine Corps with little internet access.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Joined in '98(just prior to the beginning of grade 9). Since Kalist is retarded and can't do simple math, he was in grade 10 during the 99-'00 season.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Lets see..Started college in 95-96. Discovered AR around 96-97, 98 at the latest.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: