Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Handful of Keeper changes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Handful of Keeper changes

This is what we are now looking at for Keepers , seems to be the next logical steps for us to take :

Forge weapon

As the response to this was mixed (some dont like it, others feel weapons are necessary to compete) I made some more adjustments. We just restricted it to non-store bought items, no magic weapons allowed. I want to j ust remind you that the point was so that we wouldnt have Keepers walking into a store and buying instant pimp weapons, they have to have some progression to avoid it feeling cheesy. That's why we are having the forge weapon skill.

it will also require a rare item from the vault to perform the forge, so basically the deal is whenever keepers forge weapons, rares get loaded back into the game. Rejoice and remember this is the same vault that things enter when they're sacced.

Atonement

Not boosted/scaled by gear anymore, instead atonement hit/dam bonus is scaled with level. More importantly, atonement is now active against the cabal Keeper is "at war" with, instead of against geared guys.

Uncompliant

The threshold is still there but it is raised VERY high, more or less everyone can forget about seeing it. This is only for the supergeared to worry about, not thews + a few rares, or dragonblood gamble stars. There is no atonement bonus from this anymore.

Deathmark

These get placed automatically for exceeding a certain "rating" threshold by killing, it basically tells the world that you are really hot stuff, and that makes you a dangerous extreme. I've set this high so that it doesn't make too much impact, knowing I'll eventually tune it down. You can also get it by killing mystics, and by the usual uncaballed raiding method. And it will enable the Keeper atonement bonus (*). Death removes the deathmark but if you kill/gain rating again it'll land you another.

Treant Thews

Removed vuln, nerfed all stats instead.

=
Look out for bugs/crashes.

(*) Future plan is remove or otherwise cripple protection money mechanics (perhaps something like all looted gold heads straight into the Legion bank while protected, I dont know yet) and allow coteries to rely on this instead for support , hopefully to improve the ranking opportunities for the universally despised Keepers, however this will need to be discussed at length with Resatimm first.

0 0 0
Tepesh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject:

looks nice

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Love the deathmark idea.

It might be cool to explain a bit more about how the At War flag gets determined (and cleared). Though if you're keeping that quiet for mystique reasons I guess that makes sense too.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Rating, and activity.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject:

If the threshold is very much raised for uncompliant, does that mean that the coteries will be less restricted in the rares they hold?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject:

Yes,

I also put forge weapon change #1 because it gives you a reason to kill Keeper.... he's going to end up forging new weapons and that means rares released from the vault. Sorry for thinking that would be obvious.

0 0 0
Voltron

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm curious if you're going to be made aware of your status? You haven't before so probably still not, but thought I'd ask. Will you know if you're uncompliant? At war? Or have a deathmark?

Also, with the new changes to treant thews, will the barkskin be changed also? Or will treant thews remain "as tough as bark?"

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Rating, and activity.

OK, I changed it to just average ratings. So Keeper flags are entirely rating dependent now, making it somewhat anti-badass cabal, because as we know, gangbangs don't yield as much ratings. AT WAR is also shifted by cabal item captures but usually rating behavior is what does it. It'd be good if you are running a cabal to make sure you have enough filler to keep the Keepers away, cabals with 2-3 highly successful members are bound to get attention.

The cabal powers will remain as anti-gear feel and also you shouldn't ignore someone who hits uncompliant, they're very well geared if so, that would be somebody who is ready to be burst and turn a cabal guy into an utter badass in one kill, if he isnt already one himself. You'll be doing everyone a favor by stopping that, its a valid concern. I will reiterate it takes a lot of gear, like, I've seen a guy in a full forged (low end forges, though) suit and evermore gambles who doesn't actually make uncompliant, it will probably require winter gear to get them on your ass for it.

So the summary is (I think):

at war = highest rated cabal / captured cabal items
deathmarks = high rated + killing / heraldkiller
uncompliant = an abundancy of high-end gear

Then what keepers get.. more or less lame hit/dam boosts from atonement that apply to the situations they're directed to (I'll agree that this should be kept low, however Keepers should not be trivial kills, or theres no point joining it), and forge weapon providing ave dam boost to physical weapons but releasing rares. And then there is a few other anti-rare item skills, complemented by their special gambling pieces to provide proportion, although they'll probably all be in thews.

I think the only thing left for keepers is some sort of confinement skill, not really happy with any idea I have fielded in this regard, as I don't want the cabals to be homogenous, but that's on the plan.

Oh, almost forgot. I also upped the number of rares in the game because honestly, I'm looking around and there's never seems to be anything in all the time except end of the month. Let me know if its back to the usual nothing in after a week or two.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Waiting for feedback from players.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject:

No need for confinement. Just 24 hour tracking skill. Tells you what direction theyre in.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Combined with that is endless moves for the keeper

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
So the summary is (I think):

at war = highest rated cabal / captured cabal items

For the captured cabal items bit, does this mean if a Keeper logs on to find some Legions on and they have the Cross, Keepers are At War with Legion as long as they have the cross? Or is it more like a how many times has Justice taken the Skull recently, like additive no-no points?

Davairus wrote:
deathmarks = high rated + killing / heraldkiller

Is this for all coteries?

Davairus wrote:
Oh, almost forgot. I also upped the number of rares in the game because honestly, I'm looking around and there's never seems to be anything in all the time except end of the month. Let me know if its back to the usual nothing in after a week or two.

I like this so far. But who doesn't like lots of rares?

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject:

Perhaps the Keepers could have a multi-area confine skill?

The confine skills of the Knights and Legion place the prey in a pretty small area. Justice depends on the area, but then again, Justice gets the special guard.

I was thinking that with Keeper confine, it would trap the Keeper and his/her target within the area in which the skill was used and the adjacent areas. For example:

Keeper confines target Drkshyre. The target and Keeper are allowed in Drkshyre, standing fortress, and Haon Dor.

This would be a confine skill, but it would also place emphasis on a Keepers tracking ability to some extent.

Keeper confine could, on account of the larger number of areas covered, last longer than the other cabals' confines.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject:

The reason I don't like the idea of confine skill is that we already have them, and slight variations..well, they've already been done. I don't want to scrape the barrel for Keepers. Confines are skills that blow the other guy away. That said however, it would be sweet to have summonable guardians that block roads. ....maybe.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject:

sorry Im not making a keeper so.... ask pip to make one or amo cuz no one is playing that cabal

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject:

There are plenty of people willing to play Keepers. Your lack of desire to play a keeper means little to anyone. Keepers do not need a confine skill. They are supposed to be the cabal that kill the most dangerous. Obviously that is going to take some skill, confine or no that is what they will do. The idea of a guard barring their way sounds pretty cool though.

0 0 0
Hrimoyan
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject:

After mostly a month of watching, this is what I've noticed:

People get angry at Keepers bothering them for rares (always been this way), I've preserved the honor bit from Warlords, but at this point I'm going to get forced to send gangs at every situation. Only vets (ex. pip, slade) could take most of these situations 1v1. Why?

-Because Keeper armor is (still) expensive and rot deaths (I would propose one of those two situations be mitigated), This means in downtime all a Keeper can hope to do is farm gold.
-The highly used TT set is toned down (less reliable and making the next point more ridiculous)
-Atonement doesn't even apply against (Uncompliant) pimped enemies anymore!!
-Magic items simply can't be forged so bring on the giant rape. Having to purchase magic weapons makes Keepers extremely predictable for battle also.
-Now on top of being toned down, they have to risk putting back really powerful rares (if captured) in the attempt to get themselves a chance in these fights they are prioritized to engage in. (which is fine, I actually like the concept, except when the marginal gain means putting high level/end game eq back on mobs when we're AT WAR with whatever full cabal ready for a Winter group) This, along with the recent increase in rares, is going to make Keepers want to farm rares (which we know Dav won't support), which brings the next point.

- A change in Keeper culture will have to happen because simply put, an average Keeper can't 1v1 anyone decently equipped and competent at 50 given those prior conditions (and they are currently only allowed 1v1 in most cases) At best stalemates result from it. I think the PK stats help make that point somewhat. People have complained about Keeper since it's inception, but ganking has been a sensitive issue due to the prior Keeper powers and has been restrained in culture.. but that's going to have to change too at this rate.
- Dying is way more detrimental to a Keeper. While they can rearm simple equipment back, they aren't on scale with anyone after. I'm assuming TT has been reduced to a more Knight Armor shop like state, but then what? They've used their money buying armor that just rot deathed (or used their given allotment for the day), and forging = putting more rares back into play to get beat down by.

I understand things are still under construction but as most know I've been a Keeper for only around 5 months less than the existance of the cabal, and it's definitely at it's least luster to join right now.

Potential solutions:

-Allow atonement to apply to Uncompliant again
-Reduce the price of armor (because making it unrot death just means people wearing looted Keeper armor in small cases, and it'll likely result in sac'd armor in case of death anyway)
-Create a "set bonus" for Keepers wearing non-Keeper armor. (head through boots)

That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

0 0 0
Hrimoyan
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Can't edit in Updates forum,

Those potential solutions wouldn't all be together. I think of them more of ala cart/"either or" solutions. I can change the culture myself right now, but I don't want to do that until Dav feels that his efforts are out of trial mode and the seeing the state of things when he decides that.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject:

a la carte does not mean either or.

0 0 0
Krakknot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject:

a la carte means you can pick or choose which you want.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: