Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 7 hours.

Week-long surge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Week-long surge

Thanks for the week-long surge over the holidays! It was awesome. May I suggest we do it every other week? Smile

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject:

If we do that, then people expect that to be the norm and we cease to have the grouping of people at the surge times. Plus, Dav made a good point, rage deletes go up because it is so easy to rank, and people are less attached to their characters.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject:

It seems that rage deletes have actually kind of gone down. There were some recent deletes, but that is a person just deciding to move on. Surges, I find, make the times that the mud is empty (basically 8 am - 5 pm EST), bearable to be on. Solo xp is semi-viable, where a rank 40 can slowly do ranger runs (for an evil) and in about 80-100 runs can get a rank. Also, if you cant rank, at least you can train and make some cash to gamble with. Thanks very much for any time you wish to grant us surges, but don't think that surges negatively effect the player base.

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject:

I do think it's a valid concern about people not being invested in their characters with the lengthy surges (although personally I would love to have them regularly).
Maybe it would be possible to do fairly regular semi-surges, where gold and/or training rates would be increased like a surge, but not exp gained? This would make it more worthwhile to do things like rank solo on creatures giving 80 xp a pop, since you'd be learning skills and pulling gold while you go.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject:

I've taken advantage of approx. 1 hour of the imm surges so I really haven't had much of an opportunity to benefit from them. Still, without much bias I can say I haven't seen a noticeable increase in rage deletes. There's about as many in December as there were in August. Plus, even if there were to be a marginal increase in rage deletes I think it is a worthwhile price to pay to have more lvl 50s (or just higher levels in general) around PKing and increasing pinnacle activity and RP. It does however make less of an incentive to show up for the regular surges. I think a resolution would be to raise exp gain about 35% or so across the board (making solo an option for more levels and classes), make imm surges slightly less abundant and raise the exp gain on regular surges about 25%.

0 0 0
Niladein

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject:

This is sort of on topic but not really so please just stick with me. Personally I have been here for about ten years playing, not playing, addicted, recovered, back to addicted again. I have found that as soon as I start playing again for whatever reason, I have fallen right back into the fold of how much I love this game. A long time ago, and maybe I have missed some more recently, but there used to be a day or two, that you would automatically rank up to 50 and there would be just serious battles. I think one of the main problems with the player base is people have just gotten to busy to even think that they could rank a character up and play the game because it is incredibly time consuming. But, if you give them a taste, let them come back for a day and kick some ass they will be hooked right back in. I believe you would see new characters made and a handful of vets that have dropped the game would probably pick it back up. This place is more addicting than crack. It would obviously be the responsibility of the current player base to look through all their old AIM contacts and try to advertise it, but I think it could really help. Plus, if it doesn't all we have lost is 1 day.

Just an idea, now tell me how dumb it is...

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject:

When I did a bunch of surges over Thanksgiving (US) rage deletes went up. This latest surge numbers are not in yet.

Suffice it to say, random and impulsive surges are not gone, just dont expect 7 hour surges every day. I usually have to be drinking to do that, and Im on a budget now!!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: