Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 6 hours.

Q4 2021 PATCH : Hail to the King!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:19 pm    Post subject: Q4 2021 PATCH : Hail to the King!

General

*halfling monk
*added size to score
*wielding a weapon vulnerable to its damage type causes zap
*unique weapons can be enchanted
*a fix has has been added to change "double murders" into "mutual murders"

Areas/Items/Mobs

*new area "Sst-N'ank Manor"
-some recent bloodstains have been noticed out near the ethereal knight. strangers are unwelcome!
-fills a levelling gap after killing the oaken beasts / fire giant soldiers
*battlezone has received some updates to accommodate Legion
*dryads and nymphs no longer walk into the emerald forest ranger guild
*repop timer increased in zodiac island to match other areas with long dungeons
*serpents exp while solo increased 10%
*new pets are available in high tower of sorcery
- this is a work in progress, do not rush and buy these yet (sorry!)
*a new lair item has been added to deploy bumping-into-wall flavour text
dragons have a better mechanic for fire breathing

Cabals

*Legion cabal has returned!
-new "vessels" signup allowing a player to become a demon's body donor (the new way to get "protection")

Classes

Warrior

*if the warrior gets zero extra attacks in a round, their first dodge attempt will be substituted for a riposte

Berserker

* relax now has a chance to work with frenzy/rage

Paladin

*chance to finish lightning charge with an extra room of movement, so it whiffs less often
*willpower now dissipates gradually with calm adrenaline

Thief

*Adrenaline from pvp preventing hiding is tripled of the previous timer
being immune to bodyslam/bash/grapple lag is less frequent once every hour
*Pry/Steal has an extra combat round of lag added to its current lag time
*Prying also requires thief to have two empty hands (not be wielding/holding anything)
*add a "belt clip" which clips the players sack to their belt. so the thief cannot take the sack before prying the belt.
-this item is on sale in seringale's general shop (shortly)
*chances to steal added for inventory. rares=75% sack=50% (with no clip)
tripwires get stamped on, with a snitching yell, if they are laid in front of lawful mobs.
*envenom adds small amount of damage to each attack with chance of poison
*new skill-Strap slash
-Thief can use this on sleeping targets to loosen straps, buckles etc, making target's AC from armor lower, temporarily. This can be stacked multiple times but lasts only 2 ticks (not refreshed by re-use).
-backstabs and fleeing while strap slashed both cause items to possibly drop depending on slot and item weight, so players may need to double back and pick up their dropped items
-note that some formerly unpryable slots can be procured this way

Illusionist

*blur now checks save vs mental of opponent, so it can work better if they don't have saves. conversely, its possible a level 15 poncho that casts blur isnt your best bet at level 50.
*enlarge can now be cast in combat

Invoker

Changes to shield spell
*now 25% of the invokers max hp
*reduces damage by 25% instead of blocking all damage outright. this 25% is also the shields reduction amount per hit - note, also affects abyssal bulwark
*regens slowly while out of combat (level/5 per round)
*cooloff period after shattering has been reduced to match the normal duration of a shield
*mystic tendrils doesnt regen mana when it regens shields
*heals the invoker if it is shattered by damage
ice/fire/lightning shield
*damage return is now a proportion of damage taken (both to shield level and directly hp)
*shield shatter has a special affect if one of these 3 spells are in use

Necromancer

*strength damned: 75% chance of sets a timer on zombie, causing it to eventually explode. makes zombie "an unstable zombie of " etc. if it is killed, it will also explode (check). the timer is approx 2 hours while strength damned can be cast every 5 min now.
** this chance is reduced significantly by using a decorated zombie
* ghoul frenzy : limited to zombies only
*Shatter: this spell returns to deal bash damage so that necromancers can do something effective vs undead stuff
*new skill: bloodcast
-use this to spend hp instead of mana to cast necrotic spells. it works while silenced. required for flesh golem and hellgate
*alhoon gain a slighty advantage in vamp touch due to their bodies being less corporal and thus require less energy

Shadow

*per the wishlist, we have back assassinate one hit kill. this was done by implementing a stalk which takes careful stealth and some actual detective work, we will disseminate that info into helpfile

vampire

added detect magic

Bard

*bards can now throw more than just cards
*concord, weight of burden singable in combat, concord +sv mental, twilight singable if not tanking

Druid

*locate animal has been replaced with locate object
*brambles last longer now and is visible in score

Please use thread to help flag helpfiles we need to change.

Last edited by Davairus on Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:54 am; edited 3 times in total

1 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Necro was my favorite class, now I wont roll one again.

Sad.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:18 am    Post subject:

Id just like to thank the devs for their hard work.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:24 am    Post subject:

Also, I want to see Xenyar play a druid.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:33 am    Post subject:

Necros have come a long way with skeletons, soul siphon, hellgate, shatter, ghoul frenzy, decorating zombies, rend life, sepulcher lairs, bloodcast etc. (I just rattled off 10 things and they are all awesome) That's loads of pretty awesome shit

0 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:38 am    Post subject:

I still wanna see fencing go dex based instead of int based.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject:

What part? I checked into that and found everything dex-based so I didn't change anything else. I didnt spend too long looking but it pretty much checked out fine compared to dodge.

0 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Well, I know old fencing added hit/dam to an elf paladin because it was INT based for that. When I previously made a vamp and got fencing, both hit/dam were lowered and got even lower the higher I ranked. I don't think the 1 point difference between vamp strength/dex would make that big of a factor, but an INT of 20 definitely would.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Got it, yes I can fix that up for non-elf. The elf paladin will continue to use thier 25 int bonus for fencing stat. That's their perk.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Inigo Montoya was so good at fencing because of his keen wit, after all. And that mustache.

2 0 0
von

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:39 am    Post subject:

I have a few questions about the belt clip. Does clipping to a belt expend the belt clip item? How can you tell if a belt is clipped? Can you clip multiple belts or unclip a belt? Do the clips ever break down similar to potions evaporating?
Thanks

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Was there a reason we didn't have halfling monks until now?

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:58 am    Post subject:

Strength damned explodes my zombies?? Do you have any fucking idea how hard I work for my zombies???? Make them worth a shit if not strengthened again then?

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:18 am    Post subject:

Kornhole, I was waiting for another necro lover to chime in. Thank you.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:40 am    Post subject:

So what you are saying you'd rather see necro from 10 years ago than necro of 2022 without strength damned?

I think necros have come a long way from being a pain in the ass fragile one trick ponies that take forever to get zombies with especially alone to pretty solid class with diverse toolkit, even all the tools to get zombies easily now.

I mean you cant just keep adding good stuff to a class and expect it to still be balanced. Look what happened to Paladins...

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject:

The expiring zombies mandate came from Resatimm, although he originally wanted to apply to all raised zombies. You have me to thank for having it kept to strength damned only. I also made strength damned be cast every 5 min. So it is not the case that you would have to wait 2 hours to strength damned another zombie. You will be able to cast it again faster than you can animate another corpse. It's a much quicker setup, much better suited for adulthood's limited playing time. I doubt you want to go back to having to wait around doing nothing for 40 minutes just to str damned again.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Necros have some cool stuff. No doubt about it. What this specific change does is makes top-end hard to get zombies obsolete. Sometimes you have to kill those guys multiple times to raise them first of all, even with decorate. Why go through all that fun to finally get that bad ass zombie you've really been trying for, just for it to explode on you?
This change is geared towards the average zombies...trolls, thief guardian, rugged slith...maybe a Tegadol or Innkeeper...and to kill those guys you need a strengthened zombie to help get the job done as it is. So by the time I've got my first zombie raised and strength damned, I can now go add a stronger zombie to the army..by the time I get that done, my first zombie is almost ready to expire.
With necros, you build an army and wait for ppl in range to log on... they log on and next thing you know, your zombies are popping, and you can't put them to good use.
Necros are still viable with run of the mill zombies, but some people like to have fun and build a big strong army.

Also mark solo'ing boss areas off the list. Take Faction of Magic, for example. it can take a couple/few hours to wipe that area out with a necro. Can't do that with exploding zombies.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:45 pm    Post subject:

@Xenyar, devil's advocate perspective:

There was a recent change to illusionists that removed the ability to memorize top-end duplicates. You can still duplicate the Wendigo Alpha but once he pops or disappears, he's gone. You need to run and dupe him again.

To my morning brain not drenched with enough coffee yet, this necro change seems like pretty good parity.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Can’t you just wait to apply the strength damned till you want to use it in pk?

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:03 pm    Post subject:

I think it all depends on how long it takes for the zombies to explode.

Do they explode after being strengthened for 30 mins in real time? 1 hour? 2 hours? 3 hours? I think that'd be the most important thing to know before really commenting on it.

If it explodes in like 1.5-2 hours after casting strengthen on it, that seems totally fair and reasonable.

Like vanisse said, just strengthen when you see a person to fight (bite the bullet that you will have a 5 min wait for your second then another 5 min wait for your third) and have at it. Or if you know you only have 1.5 hours left to play, start strengthening anyways incase someone comes around looking for a fight.

I'm not personally affected by this change because I've never been the type of guy to log on a necro, go get great zombies, and sit waiting for a full day for someone to log on for me to go kill (kinda like a spider waiting in a web). I'm not able to play for a huge session like that and I feel like people just don't log on if they know there is a necro that buff waiting to kill them. Like, some people might think "I've seen that necro on every day, all day, for the last week, I don't want to fight it so I'm going to go play pokemon online instead".

TLDNR: I'm not going to complain about this change because I don't know how long the zombies exist for before they explode. Also, I don't like necros that sit on game for hours and hours at a time with full buffed army dissuading others from logging on. Overall I like the change more than I don't like it. Also, shatter. Come on people, shatter!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: