Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 16 hours, 19 mins.

Cabals updated for anti-ganking.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Cabals updated for anti-ganking.

Okay this is a simple change, and should be really easy to get used to.

First I'll explain why I've done it. I think that cabals are really a pain in the ass for soloers because of defense. 1 on 1 isn't bad, but when it goes 1v2, 1v3, etc, fun fights turn into scrambles for survival, and it isn't fun for them anymore. (Sidenote: Here I want to point out that I am well aware that suffering the sting of dying is not fun for the person who died, but satisfying for the person who got the kill. That's not the kind of "fun" I am trying to take away. I'm talking about outnumbered ganks.) I think that cabals should have some protection against outnumbered ganks because they are abused, and often, by uncaballed players teaming up on them for this.

Now... this is the change.

I've revamped the hireling (type HENCHMAN to call it) . Its an underling for Legion, a footman for Knights, etc. The hireling will not attack in a 1v1 situation. It cannot be ordered to attack at any time also. Howver in situations where the player is 1v2, 1v3, etc (and higher) then the hireling WILL join in on its own. It auto-attacks quite rapidly. I would describe it as similar to the autoattack rate of a raged berserker. So you should be fine with not having manual attack.

Let me define for you what I mean by 1v2.

It will mean, for instance, you are a LEGION, and you have:
* two or more enemys in pk
* those enemies are not protected, herald, mystic, or legion
* they are in either your cabal or Darkhaven

Similar restriction applies to other cabals.

Finally, I have increased the henchman scope to the entire hometown. I've done this because I think it will make things interesting and I think that it will result in less abuses of tag-teaming, plus the player won't want to stay in his cabal due to poor regen.

This new tool applies to Knights Legions and Keepers only.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject:

I for one am really glad this change is in, long over due.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad Keepers got one this time

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Do massive level differences (aka 50 raiding on a 36) fall under the category of working henchmen?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: