Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 11 hours.

Changes you don't like.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject:

There is also the dream catcher in elemental canyon. If you don't think that is a good weapon you need a sit down and the mechanics of the game properly explained to you. Happy to do this just let me know.

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Lol, I am simply asking a genuine question. Isn't it what this forum thead is for? For feedback? You don't have to be so snide about it if you don't wanna answer it. That rod is obviously a better weapon than the dream catcher and this changes things, more or less, so I am asking as a concerned player. If you never wanted any feedback to start with in the first place, just say the word man. You won't hear from me ever again.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Its neither snide or rude, but you were in your over-reaction to perceived snide and rudeness. Pot, meet kettle, maybe?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject:

Rod of mind spectres is an item we've had a long time. It was only usable by goods from July 2016- Feb. 2017.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Seemed like a nice response and offer to help to me.

1 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Can someone please explain the game mechanics to me?? Is rod still one handed or is it or two handed? Also can we please get the old punch in the box back. The one that two rounded drow and elves.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject:

Cabal Warfare. Anyone know what that is anymore? I don't. So the rules get changed for cabals. Below 50 cabal members do not have to defend or retrieve anymore. What happened to the gauntlet? We take it a step further. Path's and cabals used to be sacred. Now you can literally do nothing when someone wants to invade and take items and all that. You can not harm them unless they pick up an item. When was the last time someone captured an item? Yeah you can attack people who hold cabal items but unless you are gang-banging someone or have serious lag skills, I can basically guarantee escape while holding a cabal item. There is nothing you can do.

Then we take this a step further. To buy cabal supplies you now have to fulfill cabal duties. On top of that cabal supplies now decay where they didn't used to. So as our playerbase dwindles we take away the gauntlet, Check. We take away Cabal Warfare, Check. What's the point? I really don't like those changes.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

Nadrin:

http://abandonedrealms.com/realms/cabals/

This page shows exactly how much people are capturing cabal items, as well as who they're from. It looks like (from that page) the Knights have been leading the activity. By the way, this is explicitly encouraged in the WHO command. We can see tomorrow if the pk stats tell a different story.

It seems like the main concern is being unable to easily pick off people as they rank up by forcing them to take a death march? I mean that looks like what I'm reading, happy to be wrong if I am. Reading over that, I feel I'm not left in doubt that its a change YOU really don't like, but I do wonder how EVERYBODY ELSE feels about that. Because maybe, when people actually do decide to take those death marches, they could actually be promoted for going above and beyond the line of duty. Did you consider this? We have written down some basic rules, these are what you must and must not do. They are minimal and easy, but minimal play shouldn't take a player very far. Players can earn promotions simply by exceeding expectations this way. The upper ranks of the cabals are intended for the elite who do so, and the lower ranks are purely provisional and the expectations are low (and quite frankly we have enough history of how players behave to back that design decision very strongly..). If people want to revert back to hardcore defending requirements then have a poll and we'll adjust the rules again.
The only thing I care about is those rules are exactly how everyone who is in cabals wants them. We used to have a lot of dingleberries trying to join cabals at level 50 to avoid that, as well, btw.

It sounded like there were some concerns about the gameplay mechanics but it didn't really come over very clearly, so if you wouldnt mind, please explain it again. For instance, I don't really see why cabal supply decay is an issue if you can have the currency easily on hand all the time anyways. Can't you get it by depositing gold in the cabal bank ? Or am I imagining that.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

lol all I read is that you are butt hurt because you don't get to force low levels I to dieing? I assure you item retrieval is still numerous uno for level 50s to return. that hasn't changed. it's really hard to have warfare when only one side is playing though... like 4 knights and no other cabals. I really really like the cabal system the way it is now. I think it's perfect. you want more cabal currencies that. start sacrificing Rares off your kills. that's the easiest way to get them... aside from being a legion and doing their thing to get currencies. it's been a few weeks since I have been able to play but from what I remember depositing gold doesn't do shit for you except fill your coffer.

1 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Dav, I mentioned the fact that players are not forced to defend/retrieve because of the part that is after that. I have no problem that lowbies are not required to do that. A level 25 cabaled stands no chance of retrieving against level 50s.

My problem is when your logged in and someone DOES decide to fuck with you, and your cabal. You can literally do nothing. You sit there and watch and wait to see if he is actually able to take your item and then try to kill him when he does. In the meantime, what you were doing was interrupted and he is sitting there laughing at the fact that he has just been able to fuck with you for however long with no penalty. THAT is what I have a problem with.

In short, you guys made the measure that before 50 cabaled are not required to defend or retrieve. Then to top it off, you took the penalty away if they decided to anyway. Bring back Cabal death zones. If someone wants to invade and fuck with you, or wants to log three legion in at level 40 and gank the level 50 knight, that should be possible.

So again to be clear. You protected the lowbies who want protection. Penalize the people who are going to fuck with you anyway.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

lol you don't get it eh. It's working exactly as intended. dav pointed it out with the link. k ight are hands and feet above the other cabals for item possession. the Knights are constantly holding the legion and now keeper items. they deserve to be fucked with. your like playing a justice and complaining when people tell you to return to town. think though if knights weren't in power there wouldn't be a bunch of level 40 evils. there would be a bunch of level 50 evils and1 level 40 good. I'm actually for bring ing back the cabal zone open pk zone now that >50 doesn't have to invade. but that still doesn't stop someone from invading to bring you back and instant fleeing as soon as you recall. 100$says even with shitty flee luck I can get out of the grounds before you get to there from any temple. what than?

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

The fact that cabal members don't need to recapture an item, pre-fifty, is precisely why cabal grounds should be open PK.

Don't like a cabal on top? Rank up and fix that problem. There shouldn't a "Oh, watch me fuck with you, because I'm weak" button.

As far as the latter is concerned, you're right, you could absolutely do that old school and just walk off and on the grounds. But that isn't entirely without risk, where as the other way is. That is precisely the point that Nadrin is making. It shouldn't be without risk. Nothing in this game is or should be.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Personally I liked it when you inducted at 40 and it was actually a gauntlet to get to 50. We don't have the pbase for that anymore so it was a needed change. Regardless of that. If someone is inside your cabal, they should be in there knowing that there are risks to that action. My first pk death EVER was my first day playing AR. Justice cabal was still in Ofcol at the time and I wandered right past the sign exploring (but clearly not reading) The Justice in question came back and instantly killed me and then showed me a few things after he realized I was a total noob.

Cabal grounds are sacred, and Justice players are a different kind of player. I stopped playing Justices because I wanted to be able to kill people who were clearly a problem and needed to be killed. IE the thief who sits in the room clearly stealing from you in town and you can't do anything about. Or the guy who attacks you and then runs to town. As a Justice I hated it so I stopped making them.

If you invade a cabal for any reason. You should be in pk. With the way things are, if you hit the door guard, I feel you shouldn't lose your in range pk flag until your adrenaline wears off. There should be risk, Period. People complained about lowbie vulturing, that still happens btw, people grab a few things, and then run the fuck away. Its super easy to do. I have been on both sides of that. I have killed people who have looted my kills, AND I have gotten away after looting someone else's kills.

You say it's better like it is, but after what you have said in your previous posts it is clear WHY you are saying it. You like the thought of harassing someone and them not being able to do a damn thing about it. And in your case whatever, you will eventually rank up, or delete one of the two. Likely both.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Nadrin... I am one of the most active pker at 50... do you not know any of my chars ever? you really think I am what you just described? I am more often than not, the level 50 getting annoyed by a level 40 invading. I just think that the cabal warfare is pretty good where it is. the issue is with the playerbase and its current overpopulation in one alignment. If you don't want to defend your cabal than don't capture other cabals items. its as simple as that. If said person is after your own item well attacking the inner guardian is a lot different story than attacking the door guardian. I don't think that you should get open pk unless you attack the inner guardian, not the door guardian. too much room for abuse on walking onto the cabal grounds.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject:

I disagree completely. Cabal grounds are ALL marked very well. If someone invades your cabal chances are it is intentional. Cabal warfare states you don't even have to come unless the inner sanctum is violated (means the door guard struck) The path is just an alarm zone and it is fine the way it is, even though there ARE warning signs. but if you invade a cabal you should be flagged for pk. This game is not meant to be super cheesy forgiving. That's why there are areas that if you accidentally wander into them you die. That's why you can teleport into end game mobs and have your items scattered across winter.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=585&highlight=stage

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I disabled out of range pk in almost all circumstances because it's stupid, newbies were quitting the game over it, and you guys were just killing everyone who stepped on the path instantly if they were underleveled.

I don't understand what you want to change or why. It sounds like you're asking to be able to kill anyone who sets foot on the path again. Do you understand that you're asking for out of range pk? That guy has no chance to survive

and why? That guy has no chance to kill the guardians and take the item if he's that underleveled anyway

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Don't generalize. Even with my Legion and Keeper I never murdered a newbie on the path. They always got a warning. When I led Knights, the rule was always "warning first".

I am saying open PK in the cabal grounds. Not on the path. You hit the guardian, it's open, you flee out and it's normal. That draws a fine line. And at level 40, I could kill a guardian with most classes. The interior guard is even easier, as all he does is bash and dirt.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

they made the cabal guardians rare holder status so monster potions don't work anymore. they aren't so easy at 40. especially if you have a cabal member sitting there breathing down your neck. it would leave you rather hurt when you finally down it. it's fine the way it is... everything you say in this argument is I want to nuke a lowbie if they attack my cabal. the only time I defend is if my my cabal item is in danger. if a lowbie is going to go at my door guardian for no reason. he'll I'll let him. might check in see how things are going. but if you can't defend. you can't harm. they aren't going after an item why are you sitting there? goes back to what I said. if you don't want to have to sit there and defend captured items. don't capture them. you are literally complaining about people's reaction to situations you created. what do you expect?

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Your argument "don't cap items" assumes no war, no level 50s roaming around to fight with. I can do you one better. Dont want to be in a level 50 pk at level 40? Don't invade.

How about this. Sub level 50 pk range, no access to cabal grounds other than your own.

You are literally asking for the ability to be a twat to people outside your pk range, just cause. No only the ability, but also to be able to do so with zero retribution or risk of it.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 16 of 25

Jump to: