Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 2 hours.

Changes you don't like.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voltron

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Wow that was fun reading those old logs Hrimo. But you've got to remember, Vaelyn was a beast and roxord everyone. So you winning actually almost proves rangers are op. lol. I know you're good also.. but Vaelyn had like 5 deaths.. so. Also it was in the arena where rangers are at a DISTINCT disadvantage. And you still beat arguably the best pker I've personally ever known.

Also, Arvar and Vaelyn both were like 500+ hour characters both with almost ALL skills mastered. Vaelyn and Arvar would rescue each other back and forth because it was one of the only skills they hadn't mastered.

Also treant thews was uber as hell back then and Arvar rocked that thing hard.

Dwarves also had more strength then they do now.

And the log with leading shot where you supposedly got beat up and owned by hobble. You still had Arvar down to 44%. I know there are logs in there where Arvar beat others(non-rangers) and still had >80% hp.

So moral of the story is rangers own hard.

0 0 0
Hrimoyan
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Did you ever take into account he was a Justice? That plus him being skilled is enough to explain the good ratio count on its own. You've got to get more perspective on this game Volt.

Vaelyn was also a Half-Elf, it's pretty much guaranteed you'll master most of your skills and quickly.

What I think you neglected to take from my log against Arvar, was that had I not capitalized on his ONE mistake I'd have never any chance in winning that fight, I barely scratched him til he messed up.. with his 1k hp.

A while back Dav stated he wanted this game to be more brains than brawn, that's the mindset I took when I played the game regularly. Rangers are def beefy, and scaling them back as with anything/one else is fine, I'm just saying the vets will be the only beneficiaries of vuln scale back.

The original arguments are fire giant vuln scale back, and bow/arrow vuln damage. Since fire giants are primarily war/zerks, I just think you'll regret it when the next Rigwarl shows up... because he benefits the most from it. I think Dav has the perspective that he wants to mitigate the nuances of low played races/combos for the avg player since that represents the majority of the pbase, and that's fine.. I just don't think it inspires these players to reach for the next level thinking wise. *shrugs*

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Hrimoyan by now I have already stated I found serious bug in bash, and with that being giants thing, ("the bash bash bash race"), obviously we were going to come up with their vuln not being fair. Now lets wait and see.

0 0 0
Voltron

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Whatever Hrimoyan. I've always felt like rangers were buff. They've been my weakness since forever. So maybe I'm biased or maybe rangers are actually buff. Whatever. Just want to point out that you killing Arvar from his ONE mistake and his 1k hp is not fair. How many times does any normal person make a mistake? A lot. When does it result in a loss of 1k hp? Hardly ever. So that's bogus in my opinion. Mistakes need to be punished. But not a 1khp death sentence. Right? Or no?

Also, Dav's got it right. Bash got bumped up a little. So maybe they deserve the vuln now if bash is pwnzor.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Yes, moot argument, because bugged staple skill. Gee. Lets move on already.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject:

I don't like the recent change to lock down cabal/coeterie grouping. It is too restrictive in this age of low playerbase imho. I logged on tonight to see just two peeps in my group range (as per WHO GR) but who I couldn't group with because of Cabal/Coeterie membership. I totally understand the RP behind a Knight and a Keeper not joining (though they do, and I have, in the past) but a Keeper and a Herald? That's too much imho.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject:

I don't like the new ar screen, the first time I logged into mud and saw that castle with lightning I couldn't believe someone made that. I don't think any home screen could compare to that please change it back!

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject:

.....wow never thought someone would complain about the log in screen....

But anyways moving on I agree with Iolo cabals should be able to rank with coteries. I mean how is ranking with a Herald or a Mystic gonna hurt their own cabal? Strife on the other hand is kinda a so so thing cause helping them rank might bite you in the ass later on.

Cabals not ranking with other cabals are fine, Knight A ranks Keeper A, Keeper A gets in pk range sees that Knight A is a target Keeper fights Knight A. Same thing with the other cabals and well Legion has always been rank with Legion or protected people granted now a days not many people are buying protection unless they are Legion apps or the people that can't really pk.

So the basic point is Keep the cabal cant rank with other cabals.
Let Cabals rank with coteries.
And keep the new log in screen it freshens things up.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject:

Actually there's 3 different ones, it randoms a new one every time there's a reboot. The lightning castle will eventually return. Its a great ascii for old farts. The grouping thing was unintended so I'll also fix that. Thanks for the feedback.

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject:

anytime Sir bossman imp/immortal of Thera/AR.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject:

Great news, thanks Dav.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject:

I noticed something relative to changing weapons in combat.

In combat, change weapons and it takes a round or two to have type/style change to what it should be, but is neutral in the mean time. (as it should be)

However, if I change weapons and initiate combat and it will take several seconds for my weapon type/style to change from neutral to the proper form, I thought that the lag was only supposed to occur while in combat.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject:

Lag was replaced with a weapon neutrality to discourage switching in battle. rangers and rogues, have a lessenned duration of the neutrality.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:03 am    Post subject:

At the moment I don't really know what direction that should be headed in. I would say its interesting but there's a couple things I dislike about it:

- it seems like you were supposed to force the other player to stay in the fight with either hobble or dirt. because these skills punish flee. Seems good in principle. i just dont' see it working in practice. in 90% of logs the players will flee and escape anyway, if they are prepared. that seems ok. but the problem is the immense gank value... if a sanc is down, you just get an easy kill. that's harsh on dirt kick, since it can be initiated with and lands very easily. it makes rangers very powerful gankers, just wear a bow and go dirt someone..derrrrr.

-disarms on these skills seems horribly overpowered in all instances. with or without the weapon lags. same story with the long lags. 1 round lags and rakes looks rewarding enough for the combat skills, with exception when you do both at the same time, which is too much. i don't really understand why the skills are so strong anymore. my impression of them was you want the warrior to have something to spam against combat styles so that they will overcome a gear disadvantage ...shutting out skill inputs or attacks is a great way to do that. if that is the case then barrage utterly sucks (it does neither + crap damage) and sideswipe is pretty overpowered (it does both) , while overhead is just rather overboard. throw javs in there for god knows what.

just my opinion of course, but thats why we have the delay for style changing, and things like wind-up times, which give competent players time to react, but something still needs to be done about dirt.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Personally I have been on both sides of the dirt winning and losing me the fight. Numerous instances, I have been dirted by high dex opponents and it just lasts forever, my experience was against Xenyar. As soon as my ranger was dirted it was over, staying in the fight was the only option because the flee lag was too much of a risk to try if I stumbled, but this was before I knew that if I fled immediately once dirted I could get away which doesn't make sense to me at all.

But if you really look at cases with dirt kick against rogues, most often they will rub it out quickly and they can either flee heal and try for a better rng round or stay in a fight toe to toe with a ranger and die, ie Ygin more likely due to vuln weapons than actually dirt kick.

I don't think you can single dirt kick out as a problem ninjas have assassinate which nullifies dirt since you can die instantly. Thieves can black jack rob you blind rinse repeat. Warriors have reflex and blind fighting, zerkers can rage it out paladins and dkns have spells to make you flee even if blinded or heal off the damage. Rangers can dirt each other and pwn. Mages and clerics have protective shield. My point is every class has a something that makes them special is every fight 100% balanced, of course not you did a great job getting it to this point but I don't think its broken, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject:

I just wasn't sure if that was supposed to happen because when I changed weapons I was out of combat.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Vertas wrote:
It's not that people are shittier players (well maybe...) ar is just more of a thinking man's game now.

I think dav hit he nail on the head with this one recently. There has been so much change and missinformation that important bits of pvp info slip thru the cracks and most newer players never know or can even find any info and as such have no choice but to suck.

If All relevant pvp info was available like exactly how spears and dodge works or how hide is easier in the dark or w/e there would be a much leveler playing field wihout a doubt. Your only other choice if you want to get good is do as much research aa possible on the forums and hope u find some useful info burried in the annals.

But to the topic of thogs that should revert...I kno player names have at times gotten out of hand but unless a name is offensive or ooc but let's not let the fledging imms getall name nazi because they don't like the name... It is a major turn off espeially when you take time to develop a name and a story to match. Sure I could come up with something new but its so much easier to play starcrft 2 or diablo3

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject:

The anti-rename cowboys lost that war when I beefed up the report command for player usage. Now everybody just reports names like its their job. I saw one guy got thrown the rename dungeon because he was named after a Canadian hockey player (yeah, I had no idea) and he actually got multiple reports in a matter of hours before he was finally taken down and his brief run was terminated. Its like we have a name lynch mob. Imms are just following up on the names that players object to, and really its more closer to ideal than it ever has been, since you have a direct channel between players and moderators to make sure that the names that do throw people out of the moment are stamped out, while at the same time we no longer need to change names that nobody has made an objection about. But you do have to keep in mind that there are a lot of players from around the world and a lot of names are covered by those different cultures... if you don't do an obscurity test by googling the word, you're fucked, because that playerbase is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are renamed.

I always view people who require renames as equivalent to seeing naked streakers at the superbowl

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject:

I agree, and am thankful for the rename situation right now.

ascani deadzero? now really, thats just ridiculous.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject:

The material vuln change is bad. This is an accurate log, of a 50 Elf invoker Knight with all spells up, prepared. Literally got off one dispel magic attempt and died because of an average 25 iron Trident

599hp 823m 221mv 27546tnl 3484g dusk city --- no opponent -- no opponent --- calm
You yell 'Help! I am being attacked by Hadleigh!'
Hadleigh's thrust DISEMBOWELS you!
[* ] You block Hadleigh's attack with your shield.
Your ice shield decimates Hadleigh!
Hadleigh has a few scratches.

507hp 823m 221mv 27546tnl 3484g dusk city --- shaft -- dual_wield --- evasive
Your luminous punch devastates Hadleigh!
Your luminous punch decimates Hadleigh!
Hadleigh's thrust MUTILATES you!
[* ] You parry Hadleigh's thrust.
Your ice shield decimates Hadleigh!
[** ] You parry a large wolf's bite.
[** ] You parry a large wolf's bite.
Hadleigh has some small wounds and bruises.

415hp 823m 221mv 27546tnl 3484g dusk city --- shaft -- dual_wield --- evasive disp $$
You failed.

415hp 808m 221mv 27546tnl 3484g dusk city --- shaft -- dual_wield --- evasive
[***] Hadleigh parries your luminous punch.
[* ] Hadleigh parries your luminous punch.
Hadleigh's thrust MUTILATES you!
Hadleigh's turmoil decimates you!
Your ice shield devastates Hadleigh!
A large wolf's bite injures you.
A large wolf's bite injures you.
Your ice shield maims a large wolf!

270hp 808m 221mv 27546tnl 3484g dusk city --- shaft -- dual_wield --- evasive flee
You flee from combat!
Bridge over the Bay of Sarich

[Exits: north south]

270hp 808m 220mv 27546tnl 3484g dusk city --- no opponent -- no opponent --- aggressive north
north

270hp 808m 219mv 27546tnl 3484g dusk city --- no opponent -- no opponent --- aggressive north
north
north

(Charmed) A blood fanged wolf is here, looking hungry.
(Charmed) A large, ferocious wolf is here.
(White Aura) Hadleigh is here.
A Valourian sentry stands on duty, guarding the bridge.

270hp 808m 218mv 27546tnl 3484g dusk city --- no opponent -- no opponent --- aggressive north

You yell 'Help! I am being attacked by Hadleigh!'
[* ] You parry Hadleigh's turmoil.
Hadleigh's thrust maims you!
Hadleigh's turmoil devastates you!
Your ice shield devastates Hadleigh!

155hp 808m 218mv 27546tnl 3484g dusk city --- shaft -- dual_wield --- aggressive No way! You are still fighting!

155hp 808m 218mv 27546tnl 3484g dusk city --- shaft -- dual_wield --- aggressive No way! You are still fighting!
[** ] Hadleigh parries your luminous punch.
[***] Hadleigh parries your luminous punch.
You sure are BLEEDING!
Hadleigh's turmoil devastates you!
You sure are BLEEDING!
You sure are BLEEDING!
Hadleigh's turmoil maims you!
You are incapacitated and will slowly die, if not aided.
You have been KILLED!!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 3 of 25

Jump to: