Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 3 hours.

Changes you don't like.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject:

How did Kalist get to 50 while doing quests and only have 2 relics?

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject:

A couple things, first, I don't think its every quest, when I do them, it feels like maybe half, alot of them grant experience and not relics. This is also the shittiest and slowest way to grind them. Using the drink me pots while leveling with people is a very quick way to get relics. You don't have to be 50 to use them, but the higher the people you are helping the more relics you receive. Another way is to kill someone who has rares and sacrifice them for 30 to 50 relics per (this only works if you are not in a cabal as sacrificing said rares will grant you your specific cabal currency) Than the age old adage of killing the "bosses" for relics.

Now that that is out of the way, I would like to just point out that for Kalist, this would seem kind of like a dick in the face, he wasn't around for the two intermediate attempts at balancing them which ultimately led to the situation we are in now. You see Kalist, the simple go and buy them for a few thousand gold seemed like it was just a hand out, which to me, I get it, kind of feels that way too. So they tried this way where you bought a "wild weapon" and true to its nature you got a random one, it was cheaper but man did it fucking suck. As a shaman I remember buying a dozen and getting all axes and swords. So that caused a bunch of stink which made them go back to the drawing board which ultimately led them to where it is now.

I personally like the idea behind the relics, It makes them more difficult to acquire which suites them as they are rare strength weapons, easily purchasable. It does have its down sides as you are facing right now, but it really is only temporary and seems to only affect a very small window of folks, as you'll level up, get relics and have them all readily available to you shortly anyways and they can be what they are intended for, a quick re-armor after being full looted.

1 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:41 am    Post subject:

Thanks for explanation Tayyah.

I don't know a lot about questing anymore and have just done some pretty basic stuff (sewers stuff, gnome prisoners, guy north of Timaran, etc). Last time I did a long/complex quest I died at the end, so I haven't sought out questing much (didn't know a herald board was a thing).

I felt like my comment was more of 'it seemed a lot easier/better the way it used to be' but if that comes across as lazy, I won't argue against that.

I wasn't trying to kick up a huge fuss or melt the world down. I just ran into a brick wall that stopped my fun in it's tracks and thought I'd point out something that was anti-fun (I thought that was the point of this thread).

I didn't realize there were so many attempts at changing the whole wild-weapon shopkeeper thing and that this was the best solution. I'll go back to sitting in my corner quietly. Don't mind me.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

I think you should get relics for ranking with people regardless of whether or not you're caked

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Yep, to me this sounds like we just need more ways to earn relics.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

[quote] I would like to just point out that for Kalist, this would seem kind of like a dick in the face[/quote]

ehem and whats so wrong with that??? hrimoyan amirite

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Kalist, don't let my response on the Darkhaven weapons discourage you from giving us more feedback. We are always interested in hearing from players, old and new. If I came across as a dick there, I apologize. For my part, I didn't do a good job of laying out where we're coming from with the changes made to those weapons. As Tayyah pointed out, there were a couple of missteps as we worked on correcting the lack of investment in obtaining those weapons. The current iteration, which I'm really happy with, is the developing black market in Serin. The smugglers are openly mocking the Mystics by adopting their relics as the de facto currency of the underground. An important thing to note here is that other players cannot loot your cabal currency, so your efforts here are not lost on death the way gold and eq tends to be. Your post highlighted an issue that a lvl 40ish dude who's done a handful of quests currently cannot afford even one of these weapons, and that's my real concern here. It's going to get fixed as a direct result of your post.

As an example of relics being awarded, I just checked a random boss mob and found that you get 300 relics for killing Schwartzer. Obviously that's a job for a level 50, but it does highlight the problem that killing Schwartzer is equivalent to completing 150 quests at 2 relics a piece and that's ridiculous. Granted, the quests give nice xp if you do them at the appropriate levels and raising the relic reward of these quests to 10 feels right to me. This means a solo 50 can play it safe and repeat 5 easy quests on the Herald Board for a total of 50 relics a day or take on more risk to bring down a big baddie for a bigger score.

Again, sorry if I put you off with my response. As a builder/developer, it's easy to read a forum post or bug report and extract the information I need to improve the game without conveying that the player who posted just improved the game, too. As for the lazy comment, I was just picturing a character lining up at the Darkhaven welfare office for a savage weapon handout instead of killing Sorrow or the giant mercenary for the rare equivalent that's always available.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:01 am    Post subject:

Other side of this, if you need decent weapons, there is always the armorer in platforms who sells ave 22 weapons that fit in your sack!

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:02 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the feedback Olyn. I didn't take your comment personally because I understand you guys have a ton to do and are super busy and my initial post may have looked more like whining than pointing out something anti-fun. Thanks for taking the level 40ish access to these weapons into consideration.

I appreciate the work you guys put into AR and will keep providing comments/suggestions - feel free to call me an idiot if they are dumb though, I can take it.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:23 am    Post subject:

I feel that sneak/hide has been nerfed too much in the name of realism. I know that fighting against a rogue sucks, but it’s fun as hell to play one.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:58 am    Post subject:

Must have missed if this was in patch notes, or a change, but I am missing DPR being in the GROUP command. Instead it now has kill count?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:15 am    Post subject:

Kornhole, I understand your concern, I'm just asking you to please give that DPR to kills change a bit of time. I think it'll grow on you. Perhaps we could just use the training dummy to check damage.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:36 am    Post subject:

What was the point of total kills?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject:

last hit talk shit, brag hard get pk'd

0 1
boo,
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:14 am    Post subject: Area updates

Redhorne Mountain, wtf guys, those soldiers outside the main gate are leaving their post and wandering around. This place is bad enough and pain to get into, but more soldiers respawning and wandering in to attack is miserable.

Humbly requesting the Jotun Soldiers stay in their guard post and you add a secret door/shortcut to the red dragon there.

Wyvern tower, the portal there took me somewhere new, can we change that back to the tower entrance? It is not the worst shortcut, but if it is going to change, can we get a short list of random locations?

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject:

Hahahahahahahhahahaha

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:11 pm    Post subject:

I heard rumor the guards were reminded/remanded to guard their post. Thank you Resatimm.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject:

This new warlord medals change is crap. And whoever's idea it was
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:41 pm    Post subject:

what warlord medals change?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:20 am    Post subject:

he's referring to some efforts to curb scripting which are necessary because easy training leads to quick deletes

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 20 of 25

Jump to: