Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 14 hours.

illusionist questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stanislav

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: illusionist questions

Hi. I am stuck debating on a race for illusionist because I dont have any experience with the class. Also, my experience with the game is still lacking. For me, it looks like Half-elf might be a better choise, but I would like to hear what you guys think about it.

Human:
Nothing special. Worst int and mana, best hp, no vulns. Best str for parry.

Half-elf:
Similar to human, less hp, more mana. Has little benefits like fast learning and charm resistance. The race with highest int which doesnt have vulns.

Gnome:
Worst parry, no real use of their high wisdom. Good mana and hps, but not good enough to take a vuln probably.

Drow/elf/Avian:
I dont even consider these races, they are utterly horrible. Autosneak/fly, so what?

Illithid:
This is most mysterious option for me and I need some advice/explanation/suggestion here.

Weapons: Thids dont use weapons, thus they lose ability to change damage type, offensive/defensive power, wild damage, bonuses provided by weapons. They get parry w/o weapon, but I guess this perk is still more of a malus than a bonus. Am I right?

Leech: Did someone test the limits of this ability? What kind of cool spells is it possible to leech? Is it possible to leech sleep from necro or sanc from invoker, or am I going to end with leeching some useless crap like magic missile and soul siphon?

Cone of force: I've heard it rocks. Plain and simple.

Shock: According to helpfile shock is some sort of lifesaver. I guess it is a good thing to have.

Aside of this, thids have highest int, combined with high wis(pracs->hps) and semi-decent con. They probably have hps similar to half-elves, but much more mana. I've read helpfiles about illus spells, but still cant figure out if int plays a huge role for this class. I know it affects dreamstruck spell to some degree, anything else?

Also, thids have rather crappy vulns which probably provide enough reasoning to reject the race regardless of benuses.

Whoever played illithids please explain details to me Smile Otherwise, all who played illusionists are welcome to share their knowledge!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: