Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 14 hours, 44 mins.

Playerkilling Statistics for Sep 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject:

O wanderer, dost thou hear the echoes of 2002?

http://www.network54.com/Forum/109789/message/1030516725/Storm+zerker+fun

My favorite parts were "SHAMANS ARE SUPPOSED TO WEAR THEIR OPPONENTS DOWN NOT PULVERIZE THEM LIKE THAT."

and "at least serlifas acknowledges its a gay overpowered class when he got done raping everyone with it"

It's good to see some things never change

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject:

nycticora... in a way you finally just gained a point with me.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Shamans are not Op. You can infer this from the lack of shamans lately. Mkatos is good because he is fast and knows his shit. I've never seen someone catch ticks as often and as fast as he does. Not getting a chance to go toe to toe with him on Paucorn is the only real regret I have on deleting.

I think the real issue is that people tend to use the same strategy over and over to the same result. Beating a shaman takes patience and preparation. There've been plenty of shamans who've sucked ass and plenty of shamans who rocked. The same can be said for any class/race combo.

0 0 0
kammkala6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, all those rocking paladins and healers...always competing with shamans for the top5...

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject:

deadzero wrote:
nycticora... in a way you finally just gained a point with me.

fyi idc

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Euriah. 10. 0.

And thats just this month. That doesn't include other lists in the past with other players. Not to mention, I never said only pallys and healers. A healer, as I have been told in the past, isn't supposed to be offensive powerhouses. Euriah, however, is quite capable of handling most super-op-killer-fucktards that come along.

And please, next time, read the post thoroughly before responding. K. Thanks. Bye.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject:

hey Nyc, -1. I have never been a fan how someone mysteriously becomes imm without anyone knowing a thing about him. I trust at least 3 imms, so I am sure you somehow deserve it. But from the outside, it looks REALLY shady. so stfu.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject:

also, for the record, We all know clerics are in need of a complete rework, as are invokers. It's gonna happen, don't be surprised. The changes are needed and will happen for a reason. nuff said.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject:

deadzero:

Correct me if I am wrong - I believe you have contributed to building Solace without the "reward" of becoming an Immortal, because you didn't want that job. For some reason, you do want to contribute to the game, but you don't want to be an Immortal. If you feel that way, why do you question why other people become Immortals? They are obviously filling in a role you didn't want. Its a dirty job, and somebody has to do it. Its not easy finding someone who is mentally fit who will do it - you really need to be a little cuckoo to do this. You've obviously had every opportunity to step up, since you played since 2004.

I select Imms for one and only one reason - because they offer value to YOU (meaning, all our players). I think there's no question that Nycticora has been doing ok as Legion Imm.. obviously it could be better, some changes to protection should've definitely happened by now (its been months), but I'm kinda his boss saying this, and I'm happy enough with it. I realize, he doesn't come from an existing 50, which is outside our usual process, and I think that is why you were questioning "Who the hell is this guy?". He had a character that he played to get up to speed with our changes, and he's basically an old timer who wants to be useful. He began playing around 1998 or so, around the same time I did. I felt this would be a necessary recruitment because of various pressures, which I'll give some insight into now.

The fact is, I have too much stuff to get done. Its difficult, and I can't just throw it all onto Olyn. Its too much for him as well at this point because he's been dealing with my slack plus additional duties of administering cabals and whatever area building he wanted to do. We needed another technical Imm to handle the simple stuff so we can focus on developing new shit. We have only just given him enough access to be able to actually help out, so in terms of actual return of investment, until now there's been nearly none for me, I have had to watch him and help our Imms to collectively weather things like this crap, and that's been all. I'm only just starting to see a benefit after doing everything AS NORMAL plus observing a new Imm during a probationary period. Do you think everyone is just fucking around and shooting the shit or something?

There are plenty of people who either won't or aren't able to help, and rarely someone whose trustworthy and who has the right skills and does want to help. You should know that since you have played long enough to see the code stolen and spin off a new mud, and has happened more than once now. That's all there is to it, and if you still have a problem with this, I really think you should just leave. Don't play a MUD where you think there's shady shit going on with the Immortals, that is literally insane. Otherwise, you need to stop making baseless accusations and wasting everyone's time. You're causing everybody stress and doubt for absolutely no reason. I can't speak for everybody else, but I don't want to read this shit on my weekend.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject:

Never said I didn't, but fair enough.

I apologize and withdraw.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject:

Hello errybody! I am Nycticora. You may know me by such names as Matrix, ^Trixy, and Ranix. I started playing AR in 1998. I have played more than half of all Vampires that ever were. I was the player of the sole undead DK Mystic. I also played Ksardid and Serlifas, drow shaman Legions. I am also the owner of the highest PK ratio in AR history, 114:1

I stopped playing in protest over a change many years ago that caused players under level 40 to become more and more gimped the more times they killed players, and returned when the change was reverted.

I do linux system administration, bugfixes, and minor feature additions for AR. I also run our AdSense advertising campaign, which I pay for out-of-pocket, which is fine because I am fairly wealthy.

I enjoy heated discussions about why shamans are overpowered, collecting exotic plush animal toys, and long moonlight walks on the seashore.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject:

Nycticora wrote:

I enjoy heated discussions about why shamans are overpowered, collecting exotic plush animal toys, and long moonlight walks on the seashore.

+1

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject:

ok then I'm wrong. Feel free to send an application.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject:

your drow pk ratio is useless put that against any of my keepers and I would wipe the floor with you

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject:

Nycticora wrote:
I am also the owner of the highest PK ratio in AR history, 114:1

That's almost as good as my 9/61.

PS I didn't know you like walks on the beach too!

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject:

I am assuming that'd be the Goat Loving Nekhethbet?

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject:

That, by the way, being the only person I can remember the Imm's offering a bounty on because no could kill him.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject:

nah this is way before Nekhethbet

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Though Dav's imm choices do seem to turn out well over time so I actually do trust his judgement.

0 0 0
Rensumi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject:

AHhh! On an aside note Nyco's post of the old log had ME in it! My first 50 my original halfling ranger. Just makes my heart sing to know that he is not gone forever in the books of AR. Also I really sucked back then I think i'm only marginally better now...

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> PK stats All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: