Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 7 hours.

Check out the new page on the website!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Check out the new page on the website!

We just added a cabal possession tracker to the website. It tracks the minutes each cabal item has spent in a particular cabal. Currently, the timer resets at the beginning of each month, and we will be preserving month-by-month historical data.

See it here: http://abandonedrealms.com/players/possession.php

This is linked from /players and also displayed on /realms/cabals for convenience. I've put the Justice item on the Legion guardian so you guys can see how things shape up when some other cabal has an item. I'm pretty sure they won't have trouble getting it back from them.

Update: see also http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9288

Last edited by Davairus on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Maybe make it somewhat feasible for players to capture cabal items? Then this might be interesting.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject:

I concur. Taking a relic is more of a waste of time than anything these days.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:

cabal capture has always been a sore spot for me because I am normally on the side where the item is captured daily. If you attach benefits to this which I think it should be directly to the cabal funds then we should have rules of engagement as well. Right now no one takes the item, not because it is overly difficult but their really isn't much of a point and it isn't required in the cabal guidelines. I remember the old days when items were taken to start a war, when was the last war we had between cabals?

You would think legions would be forced to take everyones item to show strength and dominance, but the fear of hgod and being wanted spurns that notion. Even with knights taking the justice item as fynth is the leader would make sense. If you tie 10,000 gold per day lost from one cabal to the next cabal, but make it so the 6 legions who just happen to be on can't slaughter the 1 poor knight trying to regain his item. Things would be more fun in that regard.

From my experience as a keeper or in any cabal usually the funds are low, so you have very little money for defenders and grinding for gold is no fun at 50 anyhow. Also it would make the keeper cabal more relevant because then their would be more targets to fight since there would be a dominant cabal at all times since someones item would be captured. Unless it has changed since I was a keeper, an item is captured you free it and that cabal is no longer at war with keepers. That is silly if you are at war you should stay at war until the imms/ cabal leader declare a winner or truce. Which would then bring the much needed immortal flavor to the cabals that is sorely needed with keepers.

With the gold idea, you either farm gold which sucks or you take someones item to get the gold. If you are a knight of course you are disadvantaged against a legion for options but you won't have every cabal after you so I think that is fair.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Ozaru give me a break. You always at keepers. Keepers hardly ever get their item taken. You had one real bad stretch where legion fucked you over that's it.

And yes. It is ridiculously hard to capture items now. That's why no one does it. A suitable reward for capturing an item now would be something like: auto full loot every player in the cabal that just got capped so that when they log in they are naked and still have to retrieve.

Keepers are useless now. Seriously you just chopped off whatever form of scrotum they had left by disabling info. Disband keepers. They have no role in this game judging by the direction you're moving things.

Either make it easier to capture cabal items or give MASSIVE bonuses for capturing an item: like your cabal bank is automatically full and your guardian poops out a shitton of armor as thanks.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject:

other players that had keepers can chime in but since my first keeper to my last, the main competition has been with legion. I don't think your post is serious so I won't really take much out of it other than I do disagree with the utility of keepers. If we are tracking item captures then you would then lean towards more item captures and more balancing that will be needed. In regards to the one stretch, ygin, valox, mkatos, valox, xenyar corzen. So those chars span from 2010 to now. Pretty long stretch how many knights can you include in that span that that were a threat to keepers?

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject:

didn't mean valox twice mean ravinah

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject:

nifty feature from a technology standpoint.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject:

It is my understanding that this is the first of a series of big changes that are going to vastly improve Cabal Warfare, and the like. Give it time.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject:

The incentive for cabal capture will be to "win" by topping the charts. Its the same incentive as we have with ratings, it displays prowess.

It would be irresponsible to offer further reward to a cabal which is on top. And in fact, its critical that there is not a new loss mechanic. We already have powers lost for that, and its enough. What I want is to just remove the point gains when the enemy cabal is being held in a poor situation - the point is to see who is winning, not to influence the outcome further.

However, making raiding easier is fine, if that's what you guys want. Just give me a better idea of what you're after.

Note that Keepers are separated from all of this. We'll be resupplying their pendulum tomorrow. They can see who their targets are fairly plainly but we'll also have a command for them to gauge with.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject:

Having a purely cosmetic reward for cabal item capping is useless. If the guardians remain as buff as they are, and if there are no rewards/punishments implemented, then I'm willing to bet that none of the cabal items will be captured this month or next month or the month after that.

It's just too difficult and not worth the effort/risk to capture an item. It took a group of 4 to capture the Legion skull against Mkatos and that was PRE-buffs to the guardians.

Just to list how ridiculous it is now:
(a) first you have to get by a door guard with a large chunk of hp that casts dispel, afflictives, and curse
(b) then you have to kill a second guardian, granted this one is fairly easily
(c) next you must kill supermonster altar guardian who:
(1) can get 4 attacks for devastates per round
(2) swings
(3) holds aggro when you flee
(4) has a shitton of hp
(5) has an anti-group mechanism where when multiple people are in the same room, everyone does decreased damage which especially fucks over necros and illus
(d) you must then transport the item back to your cabal grounds while moving at a glacial pace and most likely having to flee past the door guardian again because they repop hella fast

Wow. That's a lot of work for the chance to catch an enemy cabal member at a disadvantage. And let's be serious, the real disadvantage is in that they have to fight on your terms as a smart retriever won't go for that item until you're dead. The loss of those powers just brings them down to a normal player level.

Loss of powers? Wait, so now these super-powered cabal fiends actually have to fight like everyone else? You mean I can't ride my super stallion across the lands? You mean I have to rely on purple potions just like everyone else?

Wasn't that the point of the cabal item capture mechanism anyway, to have a way to force these cabal'ed fellows into a fight where they have the skills/consumables of an average player? Aren't there some legendary Warlords who were able to toast two or three Legions while retrieving their item?

Personally, I think cabal item capture should be feasible for a single player to handle in a reasonable amount of time solo. This way the underdog cabal can also capture the item as well. The more difficult you make capture, the more it benefits the cabal in power until, as is the case now, it's just flat out impossible.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject:

Ergorion, everything you have just posted is completely redundant. We have already acknowledged and invited solutions to these problems, which I will remind you were signed off on by our playerbase.

Last edited by Davairus on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:08 am    Post subject:

Half door guardian hp. This will make retrieving easier as well.

Half altar guard hp. OR give it second attack only. OR decrease its hitroll to an amount where its attacks can be defended against.
AND remove the aggro it holds.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject:

Ok, that's a start.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject:

And movement speed should not be penalized while carrying an item. You're enough of a sitting duck carrying it already.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject:

http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9081&highlight=altar+guardian

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject:

if its just for ratings no one is going to put the time in. WHy would I put myself in a position to be contracted, anathema, wanted or deathmarked just to give another cabal the excuse to gank me.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject:

In my opinion, Ergorion's been right about the altar guard the entire time. I haven't said anything because the change to buff the shit out of them coincidentally fixed a problem I was otherwise going to have to deal with.

When that change was made, there were a bunch of first- and second-time caballed players. A bunch of douchebags were camping on their paths to make them come fight, sometimes even for hours, and send them harassing tells like "you're going to get uninducted unless you defend" and stuff, even if these douchebags couldn't actually take the item. Then to top it all off if the person quit or voided even after putting up a good fight and when the item wasn't in imminent danger, they'd start throwing ooc shitfests in pray and sending notes trying to get the noobs in trouble. Usually these people were uncaballed nobodies and the whole situation just stank. Making the altar guards un-soloable (they are completely un-soloable, btw. I wouldn't even bother trying) DID completely stop that asinine bullshit.

So, meh. IDGAF, do what you want. It's just trading one problem for another

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject:

You could make it so that uncaballed players can't cap an item. Remove the acolyte and leave cabal warfare to the big boys.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject:

it is a give and take, if I am caballed and I go after someone who refuses to fight and I hit their guardian and they still don't come that annoys me. But the moment they have the advantage and I killed their guardian before they have no problem using numbers and saying well you invaded of course I am going to come at you with my entire cabal. should be tit for tat. If you can come at me with full force you should have to defend your grounds with full force regardless if the item is in danger of being captured or not.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: