Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 14 hours, 29 mins.

Illusionist Duplicate spell update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abandoned Realms

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Illusionist Duplicate spell update

Added memorization:
* Now able to memorize duplicates instead of needing to walk over Thera to get new ones.
* To recall memorized dupes, use 'c dupe'. This lasts until you leave the game.

Also:
* Duplicate now has a cooldown so you can't just release blurry images and remake them.
* To make 3 dupes you would still need to cast duplicate 3 times.
* Hitroll improves the chance of getting a good dupe, which was formerly a fairly low 60%.
* I put hitroll on it because I want a bonus for illusionists wearing offensive items
as opposed to illusionists that are naked trash or wearing entirely defensive stats like
hp and armor. You should experience a difference when you wear offensive stat.

Counters:
* You can still remove dupes with dispel magic. It requires a mental save.
* You can now also remove dupes by damaging them with skills and spells. This has
a 25% success rate.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject:

I hope this is more fun and interesting than the old "pacman" model.

We have considered a mana upkeep for duplicates and decided against it for now. We may also drop the memorization in favour of a model like summon. I felt that you guys might prefer to explore actually having a "working memory" first as we could introduce other things that affect that later. Let me know if there's no interest in that. I'd like to keep that option on the table if possible, but not at the expense of fun in the present.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject:

"Pacman model" comes from a conversation among imms and a couple players in which it was noted that the illusionist's core problem was that he ran away until he could get his dupes like Pac-Man runs from ghosts until he gets a power pill, then the tables turn. An hours-long game of a single pacman level isn't much fun.

I think that this is a good start and finally changes can be made to get illusionists in a good place and maybe un-nerf, remove/replace, or fix all the skills that got hosed during the years (looking at you, Colo(u?)r Spray).

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject:

Looks interesting enough so far, will need to experiment to see what types of dupes are better with high hitroll

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject:

Honestly, Colour spray is much like acid blast, wear a strong break and hope for the best. It probably would be nice if it did have the blindness effect back, but for like an hour. Enough to where the person has to choose to tough it out and fight, or run like hell for that tick.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject:

this is a pretty interesting change regarding the skills/spells damage to remove dups. Have you guys tried this with riposte on a warrior in reflex with a 25% success rate its interesting to see how many attacks would it take or even a berserker swinging. I guess the best way to find out is to try different things to get the dups to fall.

0 0 0
Eric Cartman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject:

I need to ask a dumb question. do AoE spells count toward removing them?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject:

yes

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Next Illusionist change: Give Haste/Slow a cool-down for non-illusionists, like Accession.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: