Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 9 hours.

Confused

View previous topic :: View next topic  
outbreak111

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Confused

I thought pk required some roleplay, This did not happen to me, but seeing it just made me angry. I understand a thief blackjacking you, stealing your things, and wearing or selling them, that is completely understandable your a thief after all.

But To see a thief come in blackjack someone, take something from them, only to drop it on the ground and sacrifice it, that seems a little stupid, but then for same thief to attack that person for no reason, it seems that they are not out for a profit, but out to "assassinate" someone, if that is the case should they not be assassins? I mean you do not create a warrior to heal people, nor an invoker to awe people with your fancy 4th attack and dual wielding, why then should a thief go outside of their purview and become an assassin?

I may just be reading too much into this, I mean you can play your character how you want I suppose, but to me this just seems like someone not trying to play a character, but just being a jackass to piss people off, but perhaps that is the role they play. I realize as I type this I may have answered my question, but it still just doesn't sit quite right with me.

Perhaps if the classes were not so set in stone, perhaps if a warrior could pick up a spell or two, or a thief might learn assassinate, but with skills for classes set, should your role not be defined by the skills you have? Would be it be ok for me to create a warrior, and run around with a staff yelling fireball during battle and neglecting any skills I do have just because I have decided that my warrior is a mage? Or perhaps thieves are just meant to be bloodthirsty individuals out to take life, and not make a profit. I dunno, what do you think?

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Thiefy hellstream.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject:

i don't see this thief acting un-thief-like. s/he blackjacked you and stole your things. thieves could steal for any number of reasons and not always for personal profit: see robin hood. i don't like silent pk either (last time i encountered it i raged! XD happens to everyone), but it happens and i can see that approach being roleplayed out as well.

mostly i am commenting on your last paragraph not being quite accurate to the situation. thieves are not meant to all roleplay in the same fashion, just like warriors don't have to all roleplay in the same fashion. you can add what flavor you like within the boundaries of reason (e.g. claiming to be able to fireball or hellstream). and i don't see this person crossing those boundaries. whether or not they roleplayed well (no evidence in op's post either for/against) is another story.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Right. I've watched players RP with themselves, mobs, or other players for extended periods of time, then get reported by another player for a silent pk 5 minutes later. Don't assume the RP or reason isn't there just because you don't see it.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject:

You witnessed a mugging. People do stuff exactly like this IRL - grab a dude's phone/headphones, throw em on the ground, and beat the crap out of him. http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: