Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 13 hours.

berserker updates: mania, rage, relax
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrael

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject:

He's not playing beast ranger due to him not being able to get his precious wolf/tiger due to the new werebeast quest to find their spirit animal.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject:

So please explain to me why I see berserkers with sub 50% records in warlords? Shouldn't they be the be all and end all. Why am I seeing deleted zerkers in the graveyard? Shouldn't they just be rampaging all over the place? You're argument is centered around how powerful they are, but you lack any evidence whatsoever and you are ignoring the facts because you have likely been beaten by them.

In fact, wasn't your monk the reason you are claiming this? If so, why is there a monk in warlords right these very moment with a 50/50 record against berserkers?

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject:

I was under the impression he was playing other classes to improve his pk and rp skill, and it seems to be working

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject:

He actually said he hasn't played ranger due to the spirit beast quest... its somewhere in the forums, I read it like yesterday.

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject:

I also started playing other classes to "improve my PK and RP" after shamans lost demonfire and bunch of other deadly shit. Very Happy

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject:

huh, I'll have to do the quest and see if it's annoying. I thought we put a "chose your race if you want to" thing in it

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Main reason why rangers have tough times vs serkers is that they get outdpsed heavily by raged serker. Bows will become ineffective etc. Bodyslams are killer and damage is enormous, especially if you get hobbled.

Even if you could tame him (if it fails you get like 2 rounds lag which we all know hurts like fuck vs raged serker) you cant do much to stop him from bravely running away.

I remember I almost killed myself when trying to tame a raged serker last time, definitely made me not wanna try it again.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject:

If stance is not as powerful as sanctuary, then warlord berserker examples should only include samples from duels with other warlords.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject:

warlords aren't prohibited from using sanctuary

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject:

How can a warlord use sanc if they can't use magic?

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject:

wow you guys brought that rule back huh

nevermind then, I just checked 'help warlord' and there it is back again in all its retarded glory

y'alls are your own worst enemies

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject:

They can eat pills, no? Sanc pills from winter!

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:04 am    Post subject:

chatted with a warlord imm, apparently Warlord forms are back too and swearing off magic is the balance tradeoff. So that's not so bad. I still personally think the nomagic rule is boring. But, I never played warlords back in the day either.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:02 am    Post subject:

Andrael, if I am mistaken then this is a pending and critical bugfix, but as far as I know, you can "always" cast calm on a raged berserker. Maybe you are being confused by the save vs mental. Tame itself has an internal cooldown before you can retry, so its no more than something to periodically remember to try (like because you noticed berserk wear off due to damage dropping). There are enough things a berserker can do to protect vs calm that I don't see a reason why we'd need to provide immunity, and even rage itself adds some mental resistance I believe. What I thought to be the problem was we simply don't have calm spread around on enough classes for the berserkers to care. Like, its on healers. Not the most played thing.

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:45 am    Post subject:

When I played Krydus I would rage first thing against a ranger and immediately. That gives me 2 rounds to gain advantage and superiority 4 if you rage from a dirt. Doesn't give a mediocre ranger a good advantage. Homocidal I guess.. lol.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:04 am    Post subject:

What's the lag on Tame like? If rangers v berserkers turns out to be too one-sided, we might be able to reduce it to a oneround or three-quarter round lag

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:07 am    Post subject:

Back when I played Orav and fought vs that Legion berserker, L something, I remember it being 2 rounds if it fails, making it a very risky maneuver.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:45 am    Post subject:

With gretya I was smacking berserkers around with a marmalade orb and then all of a sudden mania appeared. I deleted gretya shortly after. So my experience was against Ilith, Ugordek and Ulvok but some fights were pre mania total ratio was 13-5. I would say maybe 5 of those fights had mania installed already. But thats when a lot of people complained I was using a marmalade orb and that was a magical weapon. That was with a half-elf ranger then i started making monks because that is when monks came back.I will try my hand at a ranger and let you guys know unless someone gets to 50 before I do and they can put in their two cents. I think a ranger can win against a zerker without tame, but you need a strong magical weapon since most zerkers are giants, you have to flee murder a lot and you better have a damn grizzly. I like my chances better with a ranger vs a zerker than a monk.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:59 am    Post subject:

[quote]If stance is not as powerful as sanctuary, then warlord berserker examples should only include samples from duels with other warlords.[/quote]

You just proved my point? A monk beat zerkers with stance. Some with stance, some with sanc. His record was 9 and 9. The argument has been from the beginning, regarding monks v zerkers, that zerkers just eat them up. This is obviously untrue.

Also - if zerkers are so easy button, the zerker I used should have a record that is better then 50%. He doesn't.

The new argument, gods know where it came from, is that zerkers can beat rangers, no problemo. And tame should be brought back, because of any class should be able to nuke a zerker, it should totes be a ranger.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:12 am    Post subject:

I am not really sure what point you are trying to argue
Kills: 34, Deaths: 16. (efficiency: 68%)
Pinnacles killed: 32, Pinnacled deaths: 14. (efficiency: 69%)
That is voglins rating last time I checked thats higher than 50% you were inducted into HOE on potential of kills alone and I guess that furnace rp its in your GY post. Maybe you are misremembering how easy some of your kills came. My only point on the zerker vs monk has always been a monk has to work infinitely harder jsut to try and survive against a berserker. Part of the problem with monks may be that they are so complex. Most race/class combo is pretty easy to figure out because its rock paper scissors, monks are a different animal. I tried a couple of things against berserkers and failed, Kehriyl probably did better because his eq was really nice but I am not into a character that I have to work hard at just to beat someone who has to type 3 commands.

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: