Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 12 hours, 44 mins.

Coloured cabal flags in Who list
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you prefer the OLD way of showing cabal flags or the NEW way?
I want the OLD way back- I want to see all cabal flags all the time.
66%
 66%  [ 18 ]
I like the NEW way - just show Justice and your own cabal. Knights can keep their titles.
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 27

Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Coloured cabal flags in Who list

There have been some complaints about the change to how cabal characters appear in the Who list. The OLD way allowed all players logged in to see [CABAL] flags beside all caballed character names. The NEW way displays the cabal flag of Justice to all players, your own cabal flag to you and others in your same cabal, Knights have distinctive titles that show that they're Knights, and all other cabals are masked.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject:

I think its great logging in wondering if someone is legion or not. Same for keepers and whatnot. I mean, here you are walking around minding your own business and BAM! Anyways... I voted...

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject:

this is a shame. I prefer it the OLD OLD way. This "everyone has cabal flags" thing was a very recent addition and I'm really surprised you guys want it back because it looked retarded to me Sad

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject:

I may have mis-voted, I voted for the flags, but that is only because they are on the websites anyway...if that was removed, then flags in game removed would be best, imo.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject:

To be honest, I think the cabal tags should only appear to those who have a reason to know. Like Nobles should see knights and counts should see Legions. The Keepers should see whoever they're at war with, and the Justice has no need of seeing others, because if you break a law that's all that matters to them. I don't like this whole. "I WANNA SEE WHO'S WHO!" Because for the most part, its rather simple. Sir and Dames are Knights, its not that hard. Legion are suppose to be this secretive might is right club and putting that you're a Legion out there really does get rid of part of it. It also makes it easier for people to see if they want to play or not risk eating a kill. The Keepers are easy as hell to spot, the new ones are normally in treant threws and the ones with money are in their gear, which is super easy to spot. Justice, look for the officer/sergeant after their name, easy deal. And warlords? Well if they challenge you to a duel, they probably are a warlord.

0 0 0
ramod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I understand where you're coming from..but if it's so easy to tell why not just have the flags then? If you already know Who's who.

Like you said it's pretty easy to find out if a person is caballed or not but deduction or seeing what they wear/what skills they use, so why not just have the flag?

I think with the flag, it promotes your cabal to the people that need it (ie. the newer players). If they see the cabals are active, with active members around, they may be more inclined to inquire or ask guidance from these members. The vets all know who's caballed and who's not (you can just see from the website for the most part, even if you don't play). I think it's a good way to have more exposure, because honestly, like Dav always said: AR is/and always was about cabals.

0 0 0
ramod

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject:

Any conclusion to this poll?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject:

obviously each cabal should and has been considered individually, this isn't an all-or-nothing deal - for instance, Legion operates clandestine.

0 0 0
curisq

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject:

if they are clandestine you should remove the tags on the player rankings page

0 0 0
Oxyl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject:

Monthly PK stat posts would need to be altered too.

0 0 0
ramod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject:

Oh well...guess not all polls mean much but public opinion.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject:

wtf we just released monks what do you want from us
maybe we should have spent time on meaningless cosmetic changes instead?

0 0 0
ramod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject:

Uhh ok, not sure how this got tied into monks. This is entirely a different issue, albeit not as grand to everyone as a class being re-open...still an issue. I had no intention on spending all of precious building timing in looking at this, hope it didn't seem that way.

If you rather turn this into a shitfest, that's your prerogative. I mean this poll was created by an Immortal to I assume gain some public opinion. If after said opinion you guys decide otherwise, that's cool. You ask for suggestions and feedback and ways we can all improve the realm for the better. I feel like I brought up some points that were ok, but you can just say fuck off and I'll shut up.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject:

it's on the list dude, there is no need for passive aggressive digs like that

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Lorne, we want the feedback, thank you. Just be patient as we work through other stuff that is more important.

0 0 0
ramod

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject:

So is this item still on the bottom of the change list because a couple Imms don't like it?

This poll was conducted almost 5 months ago and seems like a 5 minute coding change. Unless I'm missing something.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject:

I want to change my vote from no to yes, anyhow. Let the "secretive" cabals have theirs hidden. I am in favor for colored cabal labels nostalgia. Blue knight looks a hell of a lot better to me than sir or dame IMHO. Embarassed

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject:

I don't even remember seeing this in our list of issues. I know I don't check the forums for bugs to fix, everything I do is based on the ISSUE LIST which currently has over 300 issues open, with 60 flagged urgent or critical.

I understand that it may look like IMMs aren't doing anything because a lot of our changes are happening behind the scenes - doing things like fixing newb school quests instead of 'easy' visible requests from the forum. Or fixing trip.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject:

If I didn't log an issue for this then I should be drawn and quartered at North Square. I'll verify shortly.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Actually, I remember why I didn't log this as a bug. Because it isn't a bug. Its been submitted as an Idea.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: