Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 4 hours.

Coloured cabal flags in Who list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you prefer the OLD way of showing cabal flags or the NEW way?
I want the OLD way back- I want to see all cabal flags all the time.
66%
 66%  [ 18 ]
I like the NEW way - just show Justice and your own cabal. Knights can keep their titles.
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 27

Arunore

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject:

It`s whatever. Twisted Evil

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject:

old way plz

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject:

the way it is now is the old way

originally (and for several years) nobody had cabal flags except members to other members and justices to everyone

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:15 am    Post subject:

I like the old new way.

0 0 0
ramod

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject:

So when Nyc tells me to chill because you just rolled in monks and that this change is on the list...it actually means it's not on any list and there isn't going to be any change...anytime ever.

Ok. Good to know. Just so everyone's clear so I can stop thinking that this will actually change.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject:

Tacos.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject:

hang on let me ignore the pleas of people saying they are getting chain bashed to death when that's not supposed to be possible to make cosmetic changes to the who list

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject:

i agree with lorne because i don't know how to tell who's in what cabal either. please help me be better at the game. thx bye.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject:

i dont trhink there is any point to show the knight flag, they already have the valour title and it makes it redundant. They should have one or the other.

i dont think the legion flag should be shown

i think the justice flag has to be shown no questions ask because ninja flag

that leaves..warlords? Is that It? You just want the warlords to show flags. ok, provide justification. thats all i asked for. my justification for NOT having it is they become known by reputation anyway. what do you have

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject:

I have the sentimental argument. I remember when I first started playing I would see the [knight] and [legion] tags and I would think: man, that's badass. I want to become a knight or legion one day.

It gives newer players something to aspire to. And I think having the visible flags for cabals would increase the retention rate of new players.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Keepers still exist... I think.

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
asudan

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject:

All cabal members should have the title of which cabal they belong to beside their name. I can not find any good reason as to why this was changed in the first place. We need more polls on issues like this before any change is implemented.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject:

I personally like the cabal tags. When I was first starting I thought the same thing as ergorian. "Man I want one of those cool looking things." It added a sense of activity too. Seeing cabal tags made me think there was shit happening instead of a bunch of 50s durdling about. Seeing 3 knights and 3 legions on was the shit, because you might have gotten to see some smashing happen in the middle of town. Now you see the Knights titles, And sometimes think they have to fight some evil.

0 0 0
Oxyl

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Esivole nails it really well in his statements above.

Also as discussed in "Changes you don't like" thread at http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6972&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120

Logging in and seeing no cabal tags makes the Realm look empty and boring. Seeing a couple Knights, and evil Justice, an ass-kicking Keeper and three slinky Legions was so awesome and got your adrenaline running within seconds of logging in.

IMHO removing the flags from the Who list was like a change out of nowhere that was done without really checking the pulse of the players first to see if it really makes sense to us. I get the clandestine aspect of Legion, and I get the whole notion of cabal members earning notoriety and their actions leading to their reputation, but once they've earned that reputation with me or I know player X is a Keeper then it should no longer be a mystery to me in the Who list. And to be honest I have enough trouble keeping track of weapon/style advantage....trying to remember each time I see Krug log in whether he is a Keeper, Warlord, or neither is just a pain in the ass.

1 0 0
ramod

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Ok. If you want to talk like assholes lets.

Lol Nyc? Seriously? Are you going to use that excuse for every change you don't really like. Like there's bigger issues to deal with so the other shit is retarded. Change is change, no matter how big or small. I can appreciate the fact that obviously there is always somethings more critical or important to think about from a coding perspective. Balancing the game and introducing new features should always be a priority but really. This change takes about 5 minutes. You just copy whatever the fuck the JUSTICE code is and change the word JUSTICE to WARLORD.

Dav. If the title is so redundant for Knights get rid of the god damn titles then. When they had both the flag and title, which smartass decided the title was better? Why don't we just have titles for everyone then if it's better. Dasboop the Mystic of Arcane, Clifton the Master of War.

You don't think legion flags should be shown. Ok cool, you want to play the clandestine thing. But seriously, does that actually work? Which legion isn't roleplayed almost exactly the same. It takes about 5 minutes to figure if they are if you know how to play the game. I mean if you're on the fence, just go talk to the Shadowguardian, he'll let you know in 2 minutes.

Yea, that leaves Warlords and Keepers. Yes I want fucking Warlords to show their flags. You re-opened this cabal from extinction and this is another form to attract people to a cabal. Like me and a shitload of other players have already stated, this creates a sense of activity at pinnacle. Like you said, AR is always about the cabals. Why don't the people that worked hard to get into this cabal get some damn recognition in the form of a flag? And no it's not just Warlords, what about Keepers? If you want clandestine, their ideals should be more so then the god damn legion. Too bad their equipment gives them away instantly. Much easier to keep the balance of power when people can't see you coming 50 miles away.

My justification as I pointed before is having cabal flags brings a sense of entitlement to the players that earned it and for new players to aspire to. Players have to go through interviews, tasks, training, ranks blah blah blah to get into a cabal and some (not all) wouldn't mind some recognition from the playerbase during interactions. This cabal flag is such an easy thing to code that helps them in that direction and frankly makes people feel good about themselves and their characters. Prime example, Argarak fucking Blademaster of Warlords. He logged as many hours as me but gets no tattoo, no title, no shitshat for being a 2nd ranked member of the cabal. Seriously? Yea obviously he has the respect within his own cabal, but outside of it, every new level 50 he meets he has to earn their respect because they don't know who the fuck he is unless they know of him through OOC (but really they shouldn't be rping that way). What is up with that? I know he issued that as well, and If i were him I woulda deleted from that long time ago. Why don't I deserve more recognition after logging like 400 hours on a cabal character?

As well, like shit ton of people have mentioned, this creates a sense of activity amongst cabals which we desperately need. When newer players, or even casual players coming back to AR, they see a bunch of cabal players around. They know who to go to for advice about possible cabal involvement, they know that the fucking cabal isn't extinct (ie. Keepers). It also creates more cabal interactions amongst different cabals as you can see certain players coming up the ranks which creates more RP/PK opportunities.

I just don't understand why there is so much disdain and hate from some of the IMMs about this change. Like really? Do the colors and capital letters bother you that much?

2 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsMxmYW0ci4

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject:

I think the warlord tag should be pink.

0 0 0
Kato

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject:

Very Happy I think this should be the warlord flag color Very Happy

...........SORRY FOR THE EPILEPSY

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:25 am    Post subject:

The problem you don't see Lorne is that there are forces in play here. It is a five min fix to put things the way you want them, and its a five min fix to undo it. What isn't a five minute fix is coming up with a solution that makes everybody happy and prevents a 'flip' again later on.

For instance, you said that you can just raid the Legion cabal to blow their cover. Is that really a true statement? Because if we want a cabal to operate with secrecy, that kind of blows the whole operation doesnt it? It indicates to me that the Legion cabal is currently broke. Five minutes to fix this, just make them all vis, induct them at level 25 and say fuckit? It's going to backfire horribly.

Obviousy, there is not a five minutes fix. I think a better answer may be to add a command, lets say "warlord" or "legion" - for lack of a better name - you type this command, and it turns your title/tag/whatever on or off. That way, its up to you if you want to have YOUR tag displayed, we're not forcing it down everyones throats. And we can make it rank 2 because recruits have not earned that honor. It is too easy to get into a cabal to just display it outright and it mean anything

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: