Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 16 hours.

Coloured cabal flags in Who list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you prefer the OLD way of showing cabal flags or the NEW way?
I want the OLD way back- I want to see all cabal flags all the time.
66%
 66%  [ 18 ]
I like the NEW way - just show Justice and your own cabal. Knights can keep their titles.
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 27

tayyah

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject:

I like dav's idea, rank 1 is leave it the way it is right now, and rank 2 would give the option of turning it on or off, I think this is really the only viable solution that will meet in the middle.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:07 am    Post subject:

ok added

1 0 0
ramod

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:13 am    Post subject:

Well now that you mentioned it Dav. The Legion cabal is pretty broke if you think of it as an organization of secrecy. I always thought the cabal as more of a dominating power mongers. They spread their power through fear. So the essentially the leader is the one that is most feared and powerful. It's pretty hard to be feared if no one knows who you are? I mean there's been some creative roleplay from people in legion but it generally boils down to the best pker/survivor as the leader. So it's really quite obvious who's in legion pretty quick.

Generally the whole secrecy thing doesn't work well with cabals IMO, isn't that one of the reasons the Assassin cabal failed? Other then their super op skills of course.

Like I said earlier, the closest thing we got to a secret cabal...or at least one that should be more secret is Keepers. IMO, they really shouldn't show their true identity until it's needed. That's their best time to attack and surprise their opponent. Essentially ganking whoever needs to be ganked and restoring "balance". Would be cool if they had some skill to "mask" their equipment to maybe common rares or something so people can't tell if they're a Keeper or not. But essentially even that fails in it's secret ideals after a couple of kills and/or cabal invasion. The cabal invasion really kills any sense of secrecy.

I'll post under the update thread about the colored flag change.

Last edited by ramod on Mon May 25, 2015 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject:

Legion = mob. Powerful, but secret. But everyone knows who the big guys are anyway, so...

The low level guys, they're just gruntmen. Higher ups have to pretend to be crazy to avoid the Feds.

But I agree, Legion as a secret/clandestine organization is a pretty broken model. Invade cabal, return immediately, "hey look mom. i've found a legion".

Pretty sure any cabal based on secrecy is gonna fail for that reason, including keepers.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject:

Well after careful deliboration and movies I ascertained that our legion cabal has been basically just the biker gang from mad max anyway

1 0 0
ramod

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:23 am    Post subject:

That movie was bitchin. So. Good.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: