Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 9 hours.

Monks just re-opened for play.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrael

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject:

Hey Dav, on the second page in the of this thread, you mentioned changing snake's active damage type from blunt to poison, but its still showing blunt in the help file, not sure if this will intentional or not, but I will make a issue of it.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

I'll get to the minor fixes soon .. for now you can do a mud client sub. that isn't too horrendous since it only affects chii bolts.

Updated panda style
* now has chance to bungle attacks, making them like "wild attack" - this doesnt require activating the style, its the default
* well-fed now adds an extra attack, not stacking with the spell haste, but now requires player cooked food instead of shop food

This should help make sure panda style is quite viable for PK.

updated all styles
* being affected by the spell haste now adds an extra attack

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Player cooked? Is that all food that does not come from a shop?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject:

no its the stuff you cook on the new cooking fire. this is a general command not a monk skill. you can cook corpses, fish, ranger steaks

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Does 'create food' food count as cooked food?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject:

no, it counts as pre-processed foods

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:21 am    Post subject:

Holy shit. This is revolutionary.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject:

I have removed the ability to start processing a new healing while one is active. I don't like it, it feels broke. However, I did like the idea of getting to hurry things up conditionally, so what I did was tie it in with the chii bolt stacks. If you have 3 stacks of chii bolt, you can consume them to begin the heal instantly instead of waiting.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Is there a command for that? Like "healing chii." I still haven't been able to figure out how many stacks of chii I have.

I imagine chii bolt automatically uses the maximum amount of chii you've stored up, but is there a way to manually only use one stack? That way you can get 3 bolts of weaker variety in a row.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject:

No edit option.

I noticed that you can see the levels of your chii.

And also just noticed that a standing monk in a style (haven't checked not in a style) automatically loses chii. That seems whack.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject:

it just slowly drains back to 50 while out of combat. I made it the opposite of regaining chii up to 50, because i dont want people to just run around not doing anything on full chii. I could've done the same for chii bolt stacks really.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject:

I'm going to revert the slow draining of chii because it had unintended affects.

Also, I have (or should say, am in the process of) added a slowing affect to kicks in snake style. To get this affect, you must activate the snake style first, and then do a kick with the snake style still active. This then does the snake's form - a special kick, which you may have seen on other styles already, and applies a numbing poison.

The reason I am adding this is in response to observation that the monks didn't use the offensive form very much at all. I've noticed that the second parry being gone in offensive (which was a bug fix) really pushes monks onto the defensive styles. With this, although they obviously still don't have second parry, its taking an attack away from your opponent so you no longer have to worry about that one. So you should find this useful in monk vs monk, and I think the most possible useful situation is going to be when fighting someone is doing high damage two handed attacks, or stuff like mania where a slow will hard counter.

The reason this is not already in the game is because I am just ironing out a couple details with its curing. After this is cured there will be some immunity for a tick or two. Part of the balancing of the skill will be placing some expectations on the other player's preparedness - being ready to cure it, with bat bones or whatever they do. You'll get to hose a guy that doesn't know wtf you are doing. If it then looks good on monk, I may carry this over to thief envenom skill (we'll see)

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I've reworked iron body to perform the following:

- any empowerment will work, but not unempowered
- adds resistance to physical melee damage (autoattacks and skills)
- now superceded by any vulns e.g. the case of invoker-applied physical vulnerability

Instead of scaling with skill in iron body it always adds the same amount now, which is unchanged.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:38 am    Post subject:

Updated monk abilities

1. Activating styles

performing a form will now refresh the duration of the activated style. So if you have your anatomies practiced, chances are good that you won't have to continously spam it to keep it rolling. n.b. kick also has a chance to perform that form, so you could also consider training or at least using that. My goal here is actually to free up chii for using on more interesting skills. of course, it depends on having some luck, but you definitely do get very good reward from training anatomies on monks at this point.

2. resonating wave

The skill now hits harder against a higher AC target for an anti-armor function. There is a larger bonus to damage if the armor type is heavy, and a smaller bonus if its light. That makes this skill most useful against guys who stack AC. Please note that this does not apply to the ac from spells, which means that if you try it against a lower AC target, its actually going to perform rather poorly.

I'll be cleaning out some older posts from the thread so that the update thread is not drowned by off-topic and non-useful conversations. Please let me know if you notice anything broken or any obvious oversights.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject:

I added a new config "mercy" aka. "merciful". The flag is optional for lightwalkers to use, and not available to the other alignments. I'm mentioning it in the monk thread because it is actually required and on by default for all monks. I haven't put it there to just stop monks killing people though, its meant more along the lines of just encouraging them to give people an ass whooping which they live to remember.

Merciful is there to prevent you from killing your target, kind of like stun. Once you've performed it, you can still kill them afterward with a follow-up murder. They are incapacitated and wont be able to go anywhere so you have some time to decide whether they should live or die.

existing monks will need to turn it on

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject:

I added two new monk skills.. tumble, astral walk.

Tumbling is the same skill from gymnastics, i.e. the chained hand springs. You can use this to expend chii instead of movement points, and also for a great burst of speed. Its much like the panda boulder roll, but without the damaging attack. Let me know if this turns out to be too fast.. its not too tricky to slow it down to normal speeds and just make it a typing saving tool.

Astral walk is used to split your soul from your body temporarily. You literally become a ghost for a while. You can then move around as a ghost. The killer feature about astral walk is you can use it again to swap places with the corpse you left behind. Be careful that you do not run out of time to get back, because your character will actually die if you do run out of time. I was going to replace catalepsy with this, but I decided not to - it made more sense to keep the catalepsy skill at just a lower level and add an adrenaline restriction on this one.

I had to do some extra "ghost" coding around astral walk. It should not be possible to initiate combat while using this special form of ghost.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:50 pm    Post subject:

this is just like mind link for rangers odd skills to add

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject:

Odd how.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject:

To clarify, these updates were focused towards increasing monk mobility.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Personally I don't see the value in either of these skills, if this is just for unique flavor, but its probably something that most people won't put a practice into. The hand spring thing would be interesting if you by pass a
east north east south 5 east and just go 7 east. The ghost thing I don't see anyone ever using because the risk vs reward isn't worth it, might as well just get a fly scroll or potion. For flare what I always thought was fun was when a monk was about to die, he would strangle you with his beads to run away. I was surprised this wasn't included when monks opened, before the flame throwers start going this thing rarely worked, but when it did quite fun.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: