Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 15 hours.

Updated new secrets to find

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:41 pm    Post subject: Updated new secrets to find

Some of you guys have probably already noticed:

(A) You can now see a list of secrets per area in the "area list" command.
(B) Buying decks at Ming (in Timaran) lets you spend relics to get hints.
(C) Finding these secrets improves how quickly you pick up skills.

For the secrets, I am going to be adding a few more to help players gain confidence that they have fully explored the areas. Similar to how you would play a mario level and get 1 star for beating a level (i.e. kill area boss or something), then there is often 2 more stars to find by just exploring thoroughly. I would like to get at least 1-2 per area and ideally 3. But not 12 or anything. I created this thread to say I've made a few.

That being said, if you have any suggestions just drop them in a PM. Obviously I will have some that require reading the room descriptions, but there should be other things like pulling levers to reveal secret passages and the like. Please just use the thread if you think its educational enough to be worth a spoiler.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:48 am    Post subject:

I like the varying degrees of difficulty between the 1-3 secrets found in a single area. It would be immersive imo to have the mechanics vary in which they are presented i.e. a secret opening up a small 4 rooms that have low lvl items that arent op but could be useful albeit pvp or cosmetically etc. Maybe a low lvl unique item can be discovered upon a close inspection of 2 of the room desc's that might lead you to a journal, and studying the journal teaches you to recite words at midnight before the strange idol that gifts/hexes you

I think a wide diversity should be taken into consideration to help the areas flourish in each of their own ways. I like the mechanics involved to unlock them, and they dont always have to be beneficial in order to gain the secret

I will def pm some ideas of some areas im thinking of

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Something I feel is worth a quick mention - the current secrets system uses only active areas. That is to ensure a level playing field to acquiring the training rate buff and experienced explorer tag. I can make the command show legacy secrets for completeness sake, but they don't have any affect. I figured this'd probably just be confusing. If you saw your secret number go down with the "area list" buff, that was probably why. The data is kept permanently, though. We can figure out something out to display them if we want.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: