Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 11 hours.

Summary of recent rare issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject: Summary of recent rare issues

Thank you to the players who submitted the bug reports.

A few weeks ago a Herald named an item something that collided with an important keyword in the backend, and that broke the rare limits. This was hard to detect as we were still saving all the data, it was just the keyword caused a problem every time these players logged off and then we followed by a reboot (scheduled for sundays but we were trying to do patch work recenty also). It took time to identify the issue because (A) we had to find an affected item (B) we had to have had a herald login and logout, and then also need a reboot, to trigger the condition. Of course your instinct when you see something is wrong with rare limits is to try to reboot again to shoo away the problem, but that did nothing except repop overlimit rares again. Once the bug was successfully isolated it was fixed within an hour.

Given the length of time that issue ran for, I think its a fair assessment that everybody had a shot at the freebie rares. I find people deliberately exploited in the last day or two days of this, and that's pretty disappointing to still see that kinda loser behavior still here about 15 years past its time. But, the reality is way more people have already collected the same maxed out rares without realizing. This is a larger scale problem. Honestly, a HUGE wash, and I would say the best I can offer here is a warning. Dont be the first guy to die, but more important don't be a loser, because we will keep the receipts. I wish I wasn't saying that but there you have it.

There is some good news - I also noticed some inactive characters were not getting purged by the monthly script here. I mention that because it will mitigate the current overmaxing issue if we can find a way to reclaim rares from those characters.

1 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject:

I came back after 2 years. Each time I died all my good shit went to poof, I legit thought this is some new change (because when glimpsing over updates i noticed something about changing how rares and stuff are kept) and as I prayed a couple of times about it on my first days I just accepted it as it is.

About seeing stuff online in my first week, I just assumed its summer and theres not many active people getting all the good stuff, as no good aligns were even playing with Justice tyranny etc.

I think I may not been only one who was just clueless about it. At some point I saw 3 people wielding a Durindel but none of them knew other had it too. Thats when I started to realize something is fucked up.

But I think everyone has been dying lately and had their stuff go poof anyway. I know I have with all my chars, I know Durindel guys have and pretty much everyone besides like <5 people that I saw grabbing shit and never logging back on have died.

0 0 1
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject:

The point being that people who play die/lose their stuff anyway sooner or later. And people who choose not to play to avoid losing their stuff just get purged by end of the month.

Calling people cheaters on global in-game note is not doing any good to the game whatsoever, because I am more than certain that many people who ended up with duplicates had no idea someone already has that Unique stashed somewhere. UNLESS they had same Unique item on 2 or more chars, then yes, sure, but that would be easy to track I assume.

I don't know how long this thing lasted but I suppose it's hardly game breaking.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject:

sigh... does this mean that no rares are going to be around for a month as we wait for this to equal out?

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Also, is it safe to say that if the creature right now, has their rare/unique then it is safe?

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Yes, issue has been fixed.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: