Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 14 hours.

Rares from game inception to now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Rares from game inception to now

There was a rare bug being worked on and I cannot post as an admin thread so Mocker's Tavern time.

In the golden age early in this game, rares were truly rare. Even low level items were hard to find and when a mob had a rare you were surprised.

Doubt people were exploiting the bug as we have/had a surge mentality where rares would go over limit so get them quick, then over limit items vanished on death to fix the cosmic balance.

To fix the issue of limited weapons, you can buy weapons that generally equate to rare items. The weapon shop in Darkhaven for chaotics, the smith in winter with their star metal.

The point is don't cry over rares, they are meant to be rare and vanish by design. Also people rushing for rares seems natural for this game.

There is so much more gear to choose from now and even random items that really cover every base, so save your gold up and be friends with a mage, the hunt for the best gear never ends.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Yes rares were rare because you had 50 people competing for mahn tor axe and you got ganked from all sides unable to keep it anyway unless you were the top creamer who sometimes managed to have a decent set for a brief period.

This may be controversial but I personally would rather see more rares or the rare thing lifted completely so people would have something to do when there's fuck all to do. E. G minmaxing their chars and trying different builds. Obviously it would devalue everything but at the same time all the needless drama and babysitting from imms could disappear. And hey keepers would have a job!

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject:

Nothing limited is an interesting thought.

Would you rather a seperate server where you can test gear and combos, like an editor area to test min/max, or a separate game where mobs always have all their items?

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject:

The welfare realms.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

When all rares are always in, it comes down to who is making an effort and knowing how to combine the items for maximum benefit.

Granted we could use a bit more dynamic stat selection and item choices but this could be an interesting pastime for many I suppose. Because right now its PKPKPK, some RP and PvE is just means to the end.

0 0 1
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

I feel like everyone would go for that titanium set.

Maybe a rare event, or do you think it should be a separate game?

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

So I started playing pretty much immediately after the pwipe happened so my experiences weren't from the absolute peak of the game... But being someone that has always been more active in pk, I don't ever remember not being able to get rares, or even the rares that I wanted. Even when I wasn't that good, there was still tons of people and there was always people worse then me and if you actively pk rares just flow. I bet all the active pkers will most likely agree with me, this is a roleplayer problem

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: