Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 8 hours.

Daggers, perhaps maces too...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:33 am    Post subject: Daggers, perhaps maces too...

Daggers seem to be very useless for mainhand considering their shitty attack and def bonus. They are only ever used for mainhand as sidestep sticks or when very rarely a thief dares to initiate with backstab.

Perhaps add a special proc to daggers, similar to spears/axes, proc that allows to bypass opponents armor, especially heavy armor? Proc would be based on hitroll/dagger skill % that would make some interesting builds and perhaps a comeback of drow warriors someday?

"You strike for a gap in Rhoa's armor!"

And maybe to make maces more competitive other than full parry weapons, perhaps an innate % of AC reduction on physical damage maces?

I mean if you are Rhoa or a DK in basically what is a tin can and a giant swings at you with a two handed mace you should be feeling the tremors hehe.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:36 am    Post subject:

disclaimer: im just writing stuff that i personally think would add diversity/more build options, it is in no way a request or "why is this x it should be z" topics, im just blasting stuff to see if I can come up with anything that would actually benefit the gameplay.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:05 am    Post subject:

I think it's a terrific idea to make suggestions that you think might improve the game!

There are no down sides when people who are passionate about the game think about it when they are away from it and come up with neat ideas for tweaks/improvements.

Worst case scenario, they get brutally shut down and the game is still as great as it is. Best case, your ideas make it in (sometimes with some tweaks) or help foster new ideas in the future.

Fire away, one, fire away all!

1 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:47 am    Post subject:

No thoughts about daggers? I find it to be my best brainchild so far :/

0 0 0
lionSpyre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Oh crap looks like I never sent that reply through. I love this idea, actually. My only concern is how it will be balanced with Shadows, who can main daggers and still make them look dope, even with all of their shortcomings.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

make the proc hitroll based so you can choose between finesse and brute force sidestep bot

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

I like the idea of the dagger bypassing AC like spear for dodge and axe for shield block. But I am worried about overbuffing Shadows with it. Also if we had an obvious indicator of AC like that it might make people appreciate it more.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject:

Meh. i dont like it. Whats the point getting AC if it doesnt work? Just another reason for you guys to stack damroll
That is the opposite of what I want to do

1 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject:

That's a pretty reductionist argument. Nobody is suggesting making AC 'not work.' Just like having spears bypass dodge sometimes doesn't make dodge worthless. If anything this would be an even smaller dagger buff, because it only comes into play if you've already made it through all their other defenses, and even then only rarely procs like spear or axe.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Umm daggers have the highest average damages in the game. They are fine.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject:

while people are still running around with 47 hitroll 50 damroll we dont need a spear buff or something else on top of last patchs AC
updates thats why

0 0 0
maeve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject:

make the AC bypass proc hitroll and dex based, that would make daggers more than just statsticks for sidestep and backstab...also would make hitroll on thief/shadows viable alternative, for brawling types.

0 0 0
maeve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

daggers have worst parry and attack bonus for mainhand, and nobody ever uses them as mainhand weapon mostly because of that. they are literally just sidestep-sticks.

thats why it would be nice to see people actually using daggers, like drow warriors who have them as favored weapons but we all know daggers have no point being wielded right now over a sword.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:15 am    Post subject:

People already use daggers as offhand weapons quite often... I don't think we need to buff one of the most popular offhand weapons in the game.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: