Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 5 hours.

Changes you don't like.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:15 am    Post subject: lag from weapon change

Not sure why you make changes the same day the complaint is made, obviously you put zero thought into it. The lag from weapon changing is a retarded idea, it is super clunky. Can we have this reverted? No one asked for this

1 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:37 am    Post subject:

agreed, combat should be fluid, smooth.

makes you feel like you are lagging is no fun gameplay

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:18 am    Post subject:

its not a knee jerk to ozaru. Its just you guys exposed the scripts on the logboard, and we've already talked about what follows when people dump a bunch of scripts. code arrives to mitigate everybody installing them.

I give it the same lag as there already is for just moving rooms, which factors in the time required for a human to type 4 letters. Otherwise, everybody would be forced to move around with numpads and have the realm totally memorized. literally dont care if you use macros. but its something we need to have in place to factor in typing time so we dont now all *have* to use macros just because a macro list was dumped

if you dont like it, cool you have an opinion thats fine, but you shouldnt have exposed your macros.

anyway i'm surveying and I dont hear exactly a huge outcry

Code:

WARLORD] Davairus: 'Sorry I got a bit distracted.  Are you liking the lag? Not giving a shit about it?'
[WARLORD] (Proven) Shaghroth: 'It makes no difference to me, I still can juggle weapons.'
[WARLORD] (Proven) Shaghroth: 'I can see the slight delay but it's not a big thing.'

so...yeah

truthfully, i can write a PK bot to conquer all manual play by just push button and let the script figure out what to wear/attack moves and i can make a second key cause it to hobble right after wield and i will beat all your macros, while i just sit back and keep a bored eye on how many ticks are left on your purple so i can stick the trip in while your brain is occupied with trying to wear correct weapons, which i wont be thinking about, i'll just be thinking about whatever piece of eq i'm looting first. and whether wearing a weapon lags for 1 pulse or not wont make a bit of difference to that 100% chance of deleting after that script has terminated you

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:50 am    Post subject:

yeah well, pretty sure everyone competent has used aliases for weapon wielding, dual wielding, shield wearing. I don't call them macros, because the word doesn't seem to fit when it's really just the same aliases you can make ingame or use any mud client to work with.

They are different from triggers/actions. They are just aliases. Perhaps add a delay to "hold recall;quaff recall" also because its being used plenty and Ozaru himself is one of the most notorious users of that alias?

There's a lot of shit you can use alias 1|alias 2/alias1;alias 2 with that speeds up the process of manual typing.

Just like I would assume any shaman would have alias to wear male-break ring I would expect fighter class to have alias to wield sword...

None of this makes sense, but whatever, not my call. Just voicing my opinion because i dont like lag.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject:

Also, I assume that indeed for a serker who with enough hitroll has ZERO need to care about weapon/combat advantage swapping and can just dual wield rage win it wont really matter much or make a difference Razz

Clunky laggy combat is the worst for classes that actually are super-reliant on combat styles.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject:

whats "smooth" about being unable to type your commands out properly because your hands are shaking too much from adrenaline? that is why you are using macros. only reason why your ass ends up sitting waiting to do commands is because you arent actually typing them. PERIOD

i can type 100 wpm. thats 500 ish keystrokes in 60 seconds, 8 characters per second, 2 characters per pulse, plus i have to press enter. you fucks aliased it to just pressing "1". so that means that your macro is like typing 200 wpm manual typing. thats guiness world record speed. the pulse lag is completely reasonable

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject:

according to your argument, all aliases have an unfair advantage. Having 1 letter alias for cast hellstream target should also be punished then?

Hold recall, quaff recall. I typod trying to type this right now more than i'd typo wield sword, dual dagger, where's the pulse lag on that?

Why mess with something that has been used for years and was literally not an issue. Coulda just brought back the after-delay of weapon/combat style effect to prevent from pretyping dual dagger and hobble in the same 2 seconds? You removed it to make combat more fluid, fast etc.

All of this makes as much sense as a 16 dex fire giant shaman having exactly the same chance to proc 2nd attack as 22 dex warrior. Somebody is taking an underdog class and making it work and suddenly it's only way to beat better performing classes (with speed and actual skill, not with an alias that everyone can make ingame) has to be nerfed because it should not work and everyone should play paladins, serkers and DKs because they are all superior to begin with thanks to the recent buffs?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject:

to quote your examples, hellstreams and quaffing potions both do significant lag already, needing no explanation

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject:

Also, take a look at the graveyard and try to find 1 warrior with positive K/D ratio that's not Thoom (pimp giant that can cheese bash and brute force) over the last couple of years? I can't remember/find any.

And I assure you everyone of them who even tried to PK competitively has been using aliases for weapon wielding. Did it make such a huge difference? Obviously not because the game is dominated by other classes.

Don't think we can ever agree on anything so i'll just leave it at that.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject:

hold potion, quaff potion has no lag, just like wield sword dual dagger had no lag

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject:

wrong on both counts:
(A) quaffing potions has always had a 1.5 seconds lag from doing that
(B) dual wielding had a pulse lag BEFORE this patch which i just REMOVED today for daggers and quick wield skills. so if you want a revert guess what? its going to literally get worse.
do your homework before arguing with me

0 0 1
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject:

So just remove aliases and triggers period. That's the fucking response. Remove them then if they are a fucking issue. Derrrr let's ask someone who doesn't need to switch weapons if switching weapons is an issue. Are you fucking serious??? WOW. Good fucking investigating boss. Sometimes you make the most assinine comments

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

General

* added minor weapon/held wear lags for in-combat only. goal is to help everybody keep up with alias use in combat vs human typing

Okay. This is what you put. Link to me where the discussion is had other then ozaru bitching. There isn.t this is a knee jerk reaction and you know it

0 0 0
lionSpyre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject:

To get more than tayyah and twerp's voices into this, it feels like overkill. Part of the fun of rolling a warrior are those split-second victories where you nail combat style advantage and dirt/hobble/bash, then reap the rewards. Slowing that down literally un-funs these classes, and I'm sure that's not what anyone was looking for.

Also, I saw the exchange of aliases as one of the healthiest and well-meaning exchanges I've seen on the logboards in months. It's been pretty toxic lately, but that seemed like good-hearted fun as people talked about their tips and tricks with this mutual hobby we all enjoy.

I got better at the game once I learned how to leverage aliases. Taking that away is just going to make a select few people who don't use aliases feel better, while making a WHOLE LOT of people who use them feel much worse.

Or let's just keep rolling cleric and hybrid classes, people, and not worry about it I guess.

1 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Give warriors quick wield. They should have it anyways they are the Masters of weapons anyways.

Rangers was already a seriously uphill battle for warriors they will have a serious advantage now

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject:

actually thats a good idea especially if we make it more dex based

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:32 am    Post subject:

These delete timers are fucking juvenile. Turn them off. I just tried to delete a level 5 and got told I can't for 5 minutes, this is ridiculous. [/code]

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

I don't like that I have to manually remove an item from my hand to wear a shield but it doesn't work the other way around. Please let us automatically remove items in offhand to wear a shield outside of combat.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject: Sidestep update

Not a fan of creatures being able to parry sidestep.

This being a maneuver of opportunity and it is like being able to parry hell stream or harm spell.

Those spells have limits, ie mana or a cool down time, but for shadows you are already limited by ki.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:41 am    Post subject: Master Torturer got more alert

I don't like the master torturer can now see invisible.

Used to be a dark knight could peek on that basterd to see if he had another skin cloak without being attacked, now he is all agro.

Locate object is powerful and could be a nice side hustle, like 300 gold for 3 tries on an object and no refund for no locate objects, you were warned.

My lost point is I liked him better not seeing me when invisible.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: