Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 9 hours.

Support for AR's cMUD msdp plugin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Hey, everyone. I just wanted to make a note that there will be an update for my CMUD plugin in the next month or two. A lot of the changes are under-the-hood improvements, but there's some new features as well. It's substantial enough that the version will be 2.0, up from version 1.2.

If you have any feature requests, it's a good time to let me know.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject:

I experience some lag with the current version, is there any way to fix that? Its not quite unplayable, but i can feel a difference trying to PK. I think it might have to do with sending the msdp variables back and forth. I wonder if being able to shut off msdp variables that you aren't using would help with that.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:30 am    Post subject:

I have no noticeable lag at all on my end, so it's either something that has been improved on my current build or something on your end. Other CMUD users have reported malwarebytes and other real time protection apps as culprits.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:53 pm    Post subject:

I just got an upgraded computer and the lag I noticed previously seems resolved. I also previously missed your suggestion that adblockers might be at fault, sorry! Anyway, feel free to disregard this request.

Thanks again for all the hard work, Olyn.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Hi, everyone. Sorry about the delay in getting this latest update out to you. This update, and all future updates, will be located in the CMUD Package Library, and accessible with a few clicks from inside the CMUD program. There's a few extra steps the very first time you install from the Package Library, which I'll go through here. As always, I'm happy to help with any issues or take feature requests here.

Installation instructions:

1) If you've used any version 1.x.x versions of the plugin (downloaded from the AR website), you will need to move any custom macros/aliases/triggers/etc. you have added to the "Capture", "General", or "MSDP" folders elsewhere and then delete those three folders. They will now be located elsewhere. You can get to the folders by clicking the "Settings" button at the top of CMUD and expanding the icon for your main mud window on the left hand side of the window.

2) You will need to register on the Zuggsoft forums if you have no already done so. This is different than your login to Zugg's store where you purchased your CMUD license. You can register at http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/profilez.php?mode=register .

3) You are now ready to get the package. Click the "Library" button at the top of your CMUD session and use your forum login to access the Package Library. Click the "Get Latest From Library" button to update the available packages. You can then filter by mud: Abandoned Realms to find it quickly. It is the Abandoned Realms Official CMUD Package by blarg. Click "Install Package" on the left side of the window. When it finishes installing, you can close the Package Library Window.

4) Click the "Settings" button at the top of CMUD again, and go to the file menu and choose "Open...". Select AbandonedRealmsCMUDPlugin.pkg and click Open. If you have your various child windows set up already, you will now experience what my beta tester called "the explosion". You may experience several seconds of lag at this point. Hang tight and an included script *should* sort that out for you. This happens because, by default, every open window will apply the new package, but you will only want it installed for your main window (the one with the mud output).

5) ***This step is only necessary if you still have gauges and things for a window other than your main mud output window.*** If you are no longer in the "Settings" menu, click the "Settings" button at the top of CMUD again. Notice the list of blue icons on the left side of the window that represent each of your windows. Here we want your main window, whatever you called it, to have the new package enabled and disable it for all of the other windows. Go through them one at a time by clicking on them on the left side to highlight them, then click the "Advanced" tab in the bottom part of the window. You should see a list of packages on the right side of the window now. Make sure that the Abandoned Realms Official CMUD Package is checked for your main window and unchecked for all of the others.

You should now be up and running. Here's a couple of suggestions and best practices:

* Don't add any settings in the Abandoned Realms Official CMUD Package. I recommend staying out of there unless you're disabling something specific that you don't like.
* Keep all of your own settings (macros/aliases/triggers/etc.) in folders in your main window to stay organized.
* If it's a setting relevant to all your characters, put it in a folder call "All" or something similar.
* The package will automatically enable a folder for your class and disable other classes if you create them as follows: class_healer, class_thief, class_dark_knight, and so on.
* Keep settings or specific characters or classes inside those folders.
* Type 'plugin' in the command bar to see a list of commands you may want to investigate.
* You should type each of those in one at a time to setup stuff like you number of groupgauges and to enable/disable automatic logging and specify your log file location.

If you enjoy the plugin and want to show your support, go ahead and add a comment and shiny 5-star rating in the CMUD Library. It might end up being a bit of advertising for AR. Special thanks to Clifton and Vevier for getting some of the earliest parts of what became this plugin together and being gracious enough to share it with me to build on. Additional thanks to Shalimar over on the Zuggsoft forums for answering questions and helping me with a couple particularly tricky tasks.

Last edited by Olyn on Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

2 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject:

I'm up to version 2.0.6 in the package library.

I'm still gathering information on the best way to update, so any feedback you have on this will help me write a guide. Anyone interested, try this:

1) Quit cMUD if you already have sessions open.
2) Launch cMUD and, without launching any of your sessions, click the "Library" button at the top.
3) Go to file menu and login.
4) Click the "Get Latest from Library" button.
5) Now select the Abandoned Realms Official CMUD Package and click the "Update Package" button.

Let me know how it goes here.

v2.0.6 fixes the "explosion" of the gauges in unwanted windows. I saw this as a minor annoyance on the initial install of the package, but it returned any time Windows force closed cMUD (like overnight updates). The most recent windows update motivated me enough to take care of it.

I've been keeping the version history current on our website (https://abandonedrealms.com/plugins/cMUD/version_history.php). I still need to update the installation and update instructions on the site once I get a better handle on the smoothest way to do it. I guess I need to make another account on Zugg's forum or something since I can't interact with the package as a user, just as its owner.

1 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:11 am    Post subject:

Thank you. This just happened to me and I updated to the fix you added.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:03 am    Post subject:

Added some minor bugfixes. Keep the feedback coming.

Version History: https://abandonedrealms.com/plugins/cMUD/version_history.php

v2.0.8

* Plugin will now default to 8 visible group gauges until user defines a new value
* Information about logging will now be shown on connect if a log file has not yet been defined
* Fixed a bug where plugin could attempt to call an alias from an undefined class

1 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Olyn!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: