Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 10 hours.

Decay timers on rares (split topic)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozaru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Do you guys actually look at these stats? It would be a lot more interesting to see how many people are actually dying in pk. Because 6 players in the month of May account for almost half the total deaths and close to 80% of deaths at lvl 50.

The same people dying over and over is boring which really tells the tale what we already know is most people either don't play regularly or certainly don't die. So that sweet equipment distribution never happens. Why does someone like Savanti who is willing to fight and die get punished because equipment that he needs is being held by someone else with hardly any play time and when they log on they don't even fight.

If the emphasis on rare equipment staying rare then make an incentive that if you kill someone you get 200 relics

0 0 1
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

The idea of a PK giving people relics only increases the divide between our players who are skilled/have what they need and those who don't by effectively allowing those at the top of the heap to stay there. Why should we reward people who already have what what they need for griefing other players? I could see people deciding to abuse the Consortium members if such incentives were applied...

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:59 am    Post subject:

It's simple, make rares and uniques decay regardless of your character playtime. Rares and Uniques should have their own decay timer, that would encourage people actually logging on and hunting for them and PKing/competing for them instead of just hoarding and trying to get by with bare minimum and extremely wimpy playstyle once they have amassed enough.

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:00 am    Post subject:

Let's say rares/uniques have a decay timer randomized to 5-8 days. That would give incentive people to actually play their character when they have rares/uniques so they could capitalize on it and if they don't have them, they would hunt for 'em, again another incentive to actually log on and play the game.

But yeah, not gonna happen because people are too used to how the game works not how it should work.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:23 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately your opinion does not determine “how it should work”. I like the way the current system is. There are plenty of ways to get geared. Most non rare sets allow for competitive pvp.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject:

In addition to moving this topic to the right forum, also a polite reminder to stop being assholes to each other or posts will be moved to the WL.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:00 am    Post subject:

Actually I have been working on something on the backburner to make Sevokan (a good-only rare polearm) return home after a while. If I could've done it when I originally made the area, I absolutely would have. Right now, it depends on a player's good will to return it when they know they are going to be gone for a whole month, and that actually puts this polearm out of circulation for 2 months sometimes. (power ranked level 50s dont get purged in their first month)

I doubt there would be any point to apply this to every rare in the game. But high level hoarding definitely hurts the good alignment, and this is a possible solution. It can't be understated what an enormous and important enhancement that would be to good-align weapons specifically.

1 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:05 am    Post subject:

I thought good rares already immediately re-popped on their mob owners when cost limits allowed? Or are you referring specifically to when a goodie gets Sevokan on the 1st of the month and doesn't log in again until the 30th kind of thing? Somewhere in those 30 days the item would 'decay' back onto the mob owner?

0 0 0
twerpalina

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:41 am    Post subject:

At very least the Uniques should be circulating on their own timers, and while at it, buff 'em up a little bit because many are too scuffed to make it worth the while.

I guarantee it's going to motivate more people to A) log on to hunt for uniques B) motivate them to actually play during the time they have an Unique to (ab)use it

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:36 am    Post subject:

Ceridwel I was just going for "1 week from request" although the work I've done is completely in infancy and wouldnt be ready for quite some time.

2 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:13 am    Post subject:

Cool.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: