Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 23 hours, 54 mins.

Lairs- misc questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalero

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:46 pm    Post subject: Lairs- misc questions

Is there an updated list of rooms that are available for lairs? Or are they secret and you just have to find the merchants that have them?

Can the help files have a couple more examples for naming things like cabinets? I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out how to deploy one the other day, finally only succeeding after duming the description way down. (lairs for idiots guide mebbie?)

Can lair guardians be upgraded?

Is there a way to view all the patterns you've learned? I learned several patterns and I can't find one I was looking for.

Are crafting stations aside from a furnace available to construct in a lair? If so, where are they?

I think I noticed one function describing anvil/smithy, but I couldn't find a help file to better describe how to use deployed objects in general or specifically. ( I know we've an intelligent community but sometimes what's obvious to one isn't so much to another.)

Can the help file on room inspection items be clarified a bit as to how they're used? I finally figured it out ( I think) but I'm gonnna have to redo a room description to use it, I expect it's something like looking at a room desc and finding a keyword for someone to look at.)

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:44 pm    Post subject:

AFAIK....

You can place lairs in any field, but you may need to pay extra for a city lot.

Guardians can be upgraded or at least modified to look like other things.

You may be able to view your list of patterns at your workbench in your lair, I remember having trouble with it myself though. I reported some bugs about trouble with patterns when I was messing around with them.

You should be able to deploy your workbench with the command workbench.

Thats right, I think.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:06 pm    Post subject:

I recently went through the effort of upgrading a lair in order to be able to upgrade the guardian. It was a totally painful process because the helpfiles were lacking a few key steps. These have since been brushed up but if anyone still is confused about how to upgrade lairs please log bugs and we'll continue to polish.

0 0 0
Dalero

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:03 am    Post subject:

Vevier, there’s some city tiles that aren’t tied to any cities, so there’s nobody to pay as far as I know. I also tried in a forest tile and it said no bueno. The help file specifically said field and hill or mountain tiles I think. I also think there was supposed to be some sort of stealthy lair that I don’t know was implemented by nytucora or not. For rangers , thieves and shadows, per her post.

And thanks ceridwel, I’ll keep looking at the lair help files.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:51 am    Post subject:

I think there are some special cases for vampire.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:24 am    Post subject:

Dalero wrote:
Is there an updated list of rooms that are available for lairs? Or are they secret and you just have to find the merchants that have them?

If you mean that kitchen, bedroom etc, stuff. Its all on Yarbok. I would like to have added a garden (field) room, but I think I remember it is impossible for lair rooms to be outdoors due to it being used as a kludge. Which I can unfuck but havent yet.

Dalero wrote:
Can the help files have a couple more examples for naming things like cabinets?

The helpfile has example:
deploy kit 'chair' 'A sturdy wooden chair' 'A large chair has been built thick enough to support a lot of weight.'

What's confusing about it? replace the word chair with cabinet? The one thing I can say about the small/medium/large furniture construction kits, is I kinda wish I had made these just teach a bundle of patterns, and rely on exploration to get more patterns elsewhere. We kinda gave everything away really way too easily. But at the time I made this shit, I hadn't even coded patterns. It was just an idea in my head. So we may eventually just update these items to teach you their patterns instead of buying these bundle items that are confusing to use. The workbench really solves this items problems best I think. Its syntax is like, summon workbench, build bed, and it also supports customizations IIRC.

Dalero wrote:
Can lair guardians be upgraded?

No but the lair upgrade kit will upgrade the door hp and allow you to add an extra extension room to the lair.

Dalero wrote:
Is there a way to view all the patterns you've learned? I learned several patterns and I can't find one I was looking for.

This is in the workbench helpfile (help workbench) which is branched off of "help lair". Its just "build list"

Dalero wrote:
Are crafting stations aside from a furnace available to construct in a lair? If so, where are they?

I've only made the workbench and you can just summon it, I couldve made you make it but decided to forgoe that. We can add other permanent crafting stations if you'd like them. Just request whatever you want. They are easy to add. I havent done this because it seems like people are complaining about just the chopping trees stuff, but I literally could trivially add anvil/pool/furnace so people can make their own forges.

Dalero wrote:
I think I noticed one function describing anvil/smithy, but I couldn't find a help file to better describe how to use deployed objects in general or specifically. ( I know we've an intelligent community but sometimes what's obvious to one isn't so much to another.)

Those are items in Seringale - they all work roughly the same. brewing at echuir is the most obvious one and you just type "brew" there.

For the lair deployable items, the idea is to just type deploy <item> and it will give you the rundown of how to use it. So if anything I would think we should just update the feedback from the game so that you do not need the helpfiles. No reason we can't have both but should be able to get by without them. It seems like it would be better if someone just wrote a walkthrough log/guide for the advanced stuff, otherwise its going to cause a spammy helpfile for us.

Dalero wrote:
Can the help file on room inspection items be clarified a bit as to how they're used? I finally figured it out ( I think) but I'm gonnna have to redo a room description to use it, I expect it's something like looking at a room desc and finding a keyword for someone to look at.)

That is a WYSIWYG item, type "deploy kit" and it will give you the syntax... but here is what i thought about and coded off (I am not sure if I made it all)
Code:

//dont match an existing keyword on the room
  //dont match the reserved lair keywords (workshop, attributes)
  //dont match if the room desc is default
  //must match a keyword in the room description or in the room extra keywords
  //doing a renovate should remove all the ed

So take special note of OR IN THE ROOM EXTRA DESCRIPTION because that should let you chain them without having to have every keyword in your main desc.

feel free keep posting more questions.

1 0 0
Dalero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Sorry for fucking up the quote thing, it's smarter than me so I'm just doing the best I can here in replies!

The reason I asked was in nyticora's original post she mentioned a woodcrafting room.

Dalero wrote:

If you mean that kitchen, bedroom etc, stuff. Its all on Yarbok. I would like to have added a garden (field) room, but I think I remember it is impossible for lair rooms to be outdoors due to it being used as a kludge. Which I can unfuck but havent yet.

QUOTE wrote:

What's confusing about it? replace the word chair with cabinet? The one thing I can say about the small/medium/large furniture construction kits, is I kinda wish I had made these just teach a bundle of patterns, and rely on exploration to get more patterns elsewhere.

The reason I asked, was that I was having problems trying to use the furniture kits. I know I ran into a character length issue when building one thing. I also noticed that when I deployed a small kit, it gave a list of things the kit could be used for. The medium and large kits did not. I really like the idea of learning patterns and building things at the work bench though.

QUOTE wrote:
Dalero wrote:

This is in the workbench helpfile (help workbench) which is branched off of "help lair". Its just "build list"

One of the recipes, resilience of the mountains told me I learned to make a rabbit roast. I cannot find it at any of the seringale crafting stations and it's not listed in the work bench. It'd probably be a pain in the ass , but since what patterns I have purchased , it would be nice to have a descriptor by them to show what pattern they came from. I.e. I can brew griffon flight arrows...great! what pattern did I buy them from so I dont' buy another when trying to fill out my crafting recipe book?

As for the inspection kit. Say I oopsied and did an inspection kit for a keyword that is not in the room description. Is there some way to see what the kit pointed out?

QOTE wrote:
Code:

//dont match an existing keyword on the room
//dont match the reserved lair keywords (workshop, attributes)
//dont match if the room desc is default
//must match a keyword in the room description or in the room extra keywords
//doing a renovate should remove all the ed

I think your fix to that very problem is right here, but well, I'm a living example finding those damn problems and sticking my foot in em!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:27 am    Post subject:

Dalero are you asking me if you can build a rabbit roast on a workbench? Or was there another question in there. I don't recall if I finished the cooking recipes, I was working on it for Warlords but put it on pause. Been meaning to get around to making bat soup and stuff (require actually go kill some bats for their wings) .. I'll see where I left it off.
Do you have any other questions

1 0 0
Dalero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Yea I purchased the recipe ‘resilience of the mountains’. It said I learned how to make a rabbit roast. But I was unable to see where to craft it , both at the workbench and at any of the 3 crafting stations. If it was at a station that was never made, it kind of explains why I couldn’t find it!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, sorry, the cooking project ended up on pause. I don't know when I will return to that.

Here is what is implemented so you know what's present and missing:

- obtain a metal container. cauldron, frying pan, saucepan, etc (lets call it a pot) as long as it conducts heat and is a container.
- use the fire command (or if ranger, campfire) or just find some other fire
- put the item you are going to cook in the pot
- put the pot on the fire
- wait.
- obtain snack

That already works with corpses and raw fish, but what is missing is the recipe validation and the way to read one's list of recipes and what's in the recipes. Resilience of the mountains would ideally require catch a specific type of fish, grow a specific type of herb, throw it all in pot and result in an elixir that adds stone skin. There are some serious challenges with making that because of the generalizations needed. Right now its impossible to specify in a recipe that wings must be from a bat.... the problem has a solution of course. but the dilemma I have really is that I don't know if anybody else really gives a shit about this.

0 0 0
flat4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:30 am    Post subject:

for it to actually be finished the game probably needs to import the recipes from a json file and the recipes should be built and debugged in json without code and area file modifications

0 0 1
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject:

Incorrect. The challenge actually lies in thinking up recipes. It would be easy to make it possible to plant and harvest a potato (like any herb. plant seed, wait, get potato) and then convert the potato into roasted potatoes for extra wood chopping trees or something. If you can sell your raw potato for 200-500 gold instead, it gives you a dilemma of selling potatoes or using them to farm wood faster... or maybe you just roast and eat them to resist the cold a bit.. but then that's just one recipe. I don't want to release it half-assed and unfinished like that. That would end up an ugly stain on the game. I'm not really feeling or hearing much enthusiasm for this feature.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: