Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 14 hours.

What happened to my reputable rep? (Custom races mainly)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:16 am    Post subject: What happened to my reputable rep? (Custom races mainly)

Wont mention names but one of the imms deleted their imm a while ago, and I when that happened, sadly it wiped out all of their reputables so that a bunch of players had their reputable status stripped and were unable to pick the cool custom races (as well as whatever else being reputable does... probably cabal auto inducts and things).

I was able to restore 54 of these from a table backup, about 2 years old, so pretty stale.

Most likely if your reputable honor was lost it was not intentional and we will fix that, but I dont know who else lost that status so please file issues if you have been without it for a while.

3 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:05 pm    Post subject:

I would love to be able to make born vampires and alhoons.

0 0 0
Scrynor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:44 pm    Post subject:

How does somebody who didn't have the reliable rep get it? I know a few players irl and we've often discussed RP options for a custom race but ultimately none of us know how to get reputable.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Reputable account does NOT give access to vamps/alhoon at creation. That would be for ELITE accounts.

Reputable does, as Dav said, give the pre-approved custom races at creation to avoid sending notes to Mystics/Imms to get them. Things like Harpy/Orc/etc, along with other perks.

To get reputable, generally just show you consistently follow the rules and can manage to play characters to 50 and I'm sure you'll get it in no time.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:27 am    Post subject:

Yeah, my goblin fizzled out because of that. Custom races are cool.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:06 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but having 50s which stood out in a good way seems to make a difference when it comes to earning reputable status. Soon after that distinction came out, I earned it and I'm not entirely sure why... But at the time I was playing a character which had undergone an alignment change, and it was obvious I was sticking with them.

If I had not earned it a while back though, one of my other characters was such that Ranix said he would've given me reputable status if not for the fact that I already had it. But as he's no longer an Immortal the criteria may have changed. *shrugs*

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:42 am    Post subject:

Dav JUST restored a ton of old reputable accounts for people that lost them through a technicality that was no one's fault. You know if you see "You have been recognised by the Immortals for your exceptional play!" on your dashboard that you have been flagged as reputable.

That said, the bar for getting a reputable flag should be pretty low, but it is discretionary by the immortal. If you feel like you are a valuable member of the community, we probably do too. Don't be a rule breaker, and don't be the type of player that regularly breaks immersion for other players. Just adhere to the basic guidelines in HELP RULES and HELP ROLEPLAY. You don't need to be HoE material, or a vet, or anyone special. Just have enough history to show that you're not the turd in the pool.

I think for most of us, having a notable level 50 will seal the deal on this process, as would having a really good background or description. If you have a current character you think would qualify, file a bug report and we'll get on it. But please double check your dashboard first, as it may have updated recently.

Edited to clarify: filing a bug with a current character will not out it with your forum account, but you should not use the website interface to file these bugs. Use the character to retain mystique.

Last edited by Vevier on Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:03 am    Post subject:

This would be a good time to open the flood gates on custom races, unless that is a pain to do.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: