Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 3 hours.

Beneficial spells reflecting on mirrors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:45 pm    Post subject: Beneficial spells reflecting on mirrors

Would it be possible to have beneficial spells reflect on mirrors to the illusionists?

Many times people try to cast sanctuary and it ends up on a mirror, total waste, and even magic items will heal mirrors when they pop off instead of the caster wearing the item.

I cannot be the only one, lol.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:55 am    Post subject:

I don't see why this would work if it didn't also work that way with offensive spells as well (you are after all confusing not just enemies, but also allies)... In which case, you can basically forget about the whole mirror image spell.

In short, I'm against this.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:33 am    Post subject:

Rebuttal - why would I turn my mirrors so my group sees them? I would turn the mirrors to others, not those behind the mirrors with me.

How about people in my group do not see the mirrors? No one trying to rescue a fake and no chance for bad benefit target.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:21 am    Post subject:

Actually I think if you're wearing a magic item it shouldn't go off on the mirror, if that's the case. that means illusionist cannot benefit from the nimbus of power which is obviously a huge miss. That should be filed as a bug though, and otherwise mirror is doing what it is suppose to do, and to be honest Grayden I am not sure if you arent just throwing mud to see what sticks, you know? Why not just cut to the chase, tell me what you think illusionists need.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:36 pm    Post subject:

I do appreciate you Davairus.

Throwing mud would be asking to be able to duplicate sinister magi again (they Pierce) and to be able to gate to the girls in the Zodiac island.

The mirror thing is actually a real annoyance, going to fight a dragon, all spelled up, the healer/shaman casts sanctuary on your mirror and goes to face the dragon.

Next your illusionist is wondering how they died so fast.

Or you need healing to save your hide and you mirror gets healed.

-the item hitting a mirror is probably a bug. A recently changed item does it so I will send a report.

Even with tuning down I think illusionists are a solid class.

The newest idea rolling around in my head based on damage cap, is maybe like a false death spell. When activated - like 200+ Mana cost it stays active until cancelled. Trigger being like 60+ percent of life lost in 1 second, it looks like you die, but you leave a dummy corpse, that looks like a dummy corpse/disguised mannequin, something super obvious, and you are thrown into the ethereal plain where you may still die of hunger or thirst if you do not get to the exit.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: