Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 16 hours.

Disarm, shield disarm, offhand disarm, throw, and edge craft

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abandoned Realms

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Disarm, shield disarm, offhand disarm, throw, and edge craft

You can't defeat a dexterous warrior like me! Especially now that we can
perform the following:

DISARM: Also performs dex-based SPIN BASH after disarming two-handed weapon.
SHIELD DISARM: Success allows free offhand attacks, more for higher dex.
OFFHAND DISARM: If OVERBEAR is used, success causes ARM DISTENSION.

And watch out for meanies who throw things!

THROW: More accurate for ninjas, less accurate for bards and thieves.
THROW: Bards also throw more cards at once.
EDGE CRAFT: Ninja shurikens stronger, bard throwing cards weaker.

Ha ha, you still don't understand? Try reading for HELP!

0 0 0
Olethros

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject:

Aww, throw is very unused by rogues, seriously. Who else likes to use throw? Well, besides me.

0 0 0
shasha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject:

I've always liked throw. I like it even more now even though i haven't had a chance to gauge how much better it has become.

0 0 0
shasha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Made, identified and tested some shurikens. I must say they are very good now. To good. Whats the catch?

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject:

shasha wrote:
Made, identified and tested some shurikens. I must say they are very good now. To good. Whats the catch?

... high dex warrior classes will still own.

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Yep.. aah.. *sigh*

Yeeaah, I go for a vacation down in Daytona for just 1 week and Baaam! more warrior focused changes. I always thought warriors like Bepodo and whatnot ruled pretty hardcore because of the dex thingy, but now it's like Crazy with the new changes for a more advantageous dexy warrior.

It seems like with the changes to str which had to do with hit/dam and now it's only affects dam and dex affects hit, it's put more emphasis on dex... more so then str, because the str based races like mino/giant classes are just pawn meat. I mean It used to be the fact that they were slow minded and low dex made it so it took a bit longer to learn stuff, and you got hit more with stuff because your defenses were a little lower because of dex, but you made up for it because you had the strength to swing your weapon more accurately and with more damage.. but that's changed, so now it's like yah, you can deal more damage but you can't hit worth shit, takes a while to learn stuff(unless you hit the higher ranks and get the learning bonuses..)

I mean for Warlords for sure, since it's pretty self defeating now, a higher dex, well trained Warlord(like halflings) is gonna pawn a giant type race. Actually you check out his record and it's awesome.

Not complaining, just noting the obvious direction the game is taking. It's just hard working on a certain race/class when some changes like this roll in and change the dynamics more... specially in one week!

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject:

well i have played a fire giant warrior and also a halfling warrior, gotta say that i had much of an easier time with a halfling. but then again you have people who do well like taurth.. but then on average it looks like halflings always seem to coast a little easier ~ but we'll see how it pans out.

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Yah

Yah, Taurth though seemed to be the exception to the rule. On a whole though, halflings are pretty kick ass because of their dex. I my one Warrior class giant type race char got pawned hard by a halfling thief.. and I mean hard! It was brutal. He did have a few ranks against me though, but half the battle with the giant/warrior combos is just getting ranks.

Anyhows, halflings are pretty nasty dudes with the high dex.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject:

well first of all i think the halfling thief was using sanc and you obviously weren't. the thief was also decked and that goes a long way at rank 30-40.. i really don't have any firsthand knowledge of halfling thieves, but halfling warrior particularly stands out in my mind since i've played them (and fire giant and stone giant). specifically with mal resistance on the halfling and negative resistance for harm based afflictions, and the mental resist that all warriors get (giants getting it was much needed, halflings getting it was just a bonus) they are quite formidable indeed. also, dirt still ranks much higher on my list than hobble, but the combat style skills have given more meat (like overhead being able to do disarm and so on) and since those skills are strength based, it could sway the balance.. i haven't had a chance to play giants with those recent changes but i don't feel like doing so just at this time.

halfling thieves on the other hand have weapon type skills such as sidestep (the one that obliterated you), so that's an entirely different story. my advice is to forget about fighting decked halfling thieves using sanc and getting first hit on you. either use combat style superiority and hobble when he is low in health, and maintain weapon type superiority to negate sidestep/clobber/uncanny and flat out hope your bash connects/does enough damage. that's how my stone defeated Blonk, but if you fall flat on your face then you're screwed. that is the hard life of a warrior that is not using sanctuary on purpose.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject:

been thinking about this.. what rank was the thief

you're assed out cus you dont have sanc but then again obliterates from a low level thief is like giving him the equivalent of hellstream, no matter the case. oblit on non-sanc looks like something that should happen rarely at lvl 50. fireball and acidblast came under the radar before but they only do consistent devastates for the most part.. but then again they are one round lag whereas sidestep is probably two.

still no matter the advice i gave you in previous post, if he gets one oblit off of you at those lower ranks , they go out the window

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Yah.

Well, first off, how'd you know it obliterated my char...

Second, how did you know he was sidestepping had sanc, was decked out, and fighting my char who didn't have sanc....

So don't worry, your cover's not blown *wink* *wink*

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject:

because you posted the log.

or maybe your opponent did.

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject:

http://www.invokation.net/logs/view.php?id=1422

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: