Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Events

If you have ideas for player-run events (past examples including scavenger hunts, tag, and poker tournaments) feel free to post them here. Comments and suggestions for tweakage of posted events are also welcome.

0 0 0
Niub

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Run a poker tournament with a 5,000 buy in. Hold it after the second surge or each week, since this is a frequented time, If I recall correctly. Do it up old school.

Have that bastard gnome run the event I scribed to him. Capture the Gnome. An easy one, just needs Torky to announce to the realms so everyone can hear. Kinda like when Bilin, Rayor and I used to run capture the bard/giant.

Fund Raiser. I ran this once before, got a lot of people in on it too. Torky needs to help on this one a lot. A 10,000 buy in, and the prize will be a custom item of ones choosing. Select a fair amount of questions to ask, and the one who answers first gets the point. The most points win. If there are enough, create a cash prize for 2nd and 3rd.

Do a spin off of this curent situation. There are so many options with events for this Mystic stuff, that the possibilites are endless... If you have the imagination. Figures I pick the perfect time to leave, eh? hahah.

Need more ideas? I will pop into the forms once and a while. Tell the damn Heralds to use there imaginations and make events. I'll give you a cookie. Cool

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Heralds have nowhere to hide anymore... uh oh....

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject:

Person to squat longest in the poker room wins something...

Have a 'favorite of the week'. Heralds all put in their vote for their favorite player that is a non Herald.

Have an acting/play competition. Use of props gets extra points. Original screenplay, depth of voice and singing (if there is any) gets kudos too. The amount of rp you could put into this is unreal.

Hide and seek... (personal favorite) Could be spot or area restricted.

A 'lets try to piss off burzuk' week. Could be extended into a yearly project.
I would donate... Lol.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject:

i'm thinking more along the lines of crazyhorse's ideas, where people pitch in their own efforts be it running skills or rp skills to make a fun event. i could actually see an acting troupe form who just like to do this sort of thing...writing scripts (or even improvising) and then having a play just for the hell of it would be amusing.

about the "favorite of the week" - originally i planned to get reputations back into play by having heralds nominate certain notable therans for various reputations and then consult everyone else for a vote for each category, although with the current mystics business and whatnot i haven't seen much of that going down, and they are more inclined to just hand out the less serious reputations (like drunk). but if there's support for this we can try it again.

0 0 0
ryokan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: birthdays

we could get an experience aquiring bonus on our birthdays, kind of like a little surge. and maybe free drinks at the bars too.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject:

We should have important questy-events when Imms leave/return. I'm thinking about how the Imms just suddenly quit playing and nobody realises for month, or return and nobody recognizes them. Taleroth's return stories have been a nice touch, so was Lodur's chaos crap. Ronus went and vanished with notice too, there's someone who could have been given a send-off. That kinda thing is shitty for players to deal with.

Other than that, eh... weddings, poker, those are not really new since people really do that sort of thing frequently, but they should be advertised better so that other people can actually show up. It only takes 2 people to agree a time to get started.

Replace the 'story' notes with an event notes, so people can login and see "there are 2 upcoming events", and use notes for stories, more sparingly.

Treasure hunts, like, your flowers blew away, so people look all over for them, random style. Or a fiendish god has stolen a lot of gold, and left a series of perplexing riddles to solve to find out where it is, that way the emphasis is on brains over, um, running around the whole mud the fastest.

Flag related games. e.g. you give them a cabal flag (or something like that), and theyre not allowed to leave the current area. And then after 30 mins, the guy currently holding it is the official "winner". Or divide them into two teams and give them goals to score points in for 30 mins. As much as I dont like it, I have to admit basketball would work pretty nice with its fast pace of back and forth and tackles right at the goal.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject:

I've been meaning to get around to this post again for a while.. maybe I should follow my own advice, what I am about to write.. anyhow..

What events is really missing on AR is structure. We get good ideas but it flows in randomly and nobody knows when its going to happen. That's one thing that hurts the interactivity of these events.

So.. (and I'm willing to help with this btw) my suggestion would be to have some regular events that go on every month, permanently, and then some really fun one's on the holidays.

In a month (e.g. Feb), you would have...

1) ordinary events (every month)

week 1 - poker night / gambling night, whatever (run twice) <-- guaranteed participrtion
week 2 - the token mob invasion (again, run twice).. something like go clear out all the demon bunnies that sprouted up from a hole in unsiliel wood (or something suitably random like that), two teams
week 3 - something relaxed, like a desc/background contest judged by the nobles/heralds/mystics (one judge from each group, custom title for the winner) because everyone is preparing for..
week 4 - the bloodfist tournament (a special arena-only event, everyone can enter and duel anyone regardless of pk ranges, kills too) .. have two heats and then the champions duel off at the very end of the second night's heat, cool way to go out with a bang every month

And then each month you also have the specials, for example.

Feb = the valentines day massacre
April = Davairus appreciation day
October = stryth-o-we'en brawl
December = the great strythmas bash

Those are all days where the imms are "on holiday" so it could be stuff like, the rp rules arent enforced (like those fun days at school when you dont have to wear a uniform), or you can die without losing any con/dall, etc, or a "Dreary Kwanzuk" day where absolutely nothing fun happens, an Eldorian day where nobody can pk anyone so its just for exploring/training/ranking, a Resatimm day where you can't ghost, haha that would suck. I dunno. Theres gotta be plenty ideas out there for "super special".

And then.. on top of all that, THEN have a clear and organised system of allowing anyone to announce their custom events theyre organising, like weddings, birthday parties, whatever else that you'd want to do, but not regularly, and not important enough to fall on a special date. They send it to heralds, and heralds approves t and sends it out to everyone else,. We could use the story board for it, and rig that up to the forum so that they get updated here for everyone to see it coming, and have a thread to talk about it in to ask questions and discuss it. And something like the surge timer that shows how long til that event takes place in the MOTD. The motd would maybe look something like this

Code:

|  Current events
|  Event:  wedding of Esura and Lobeus, 2 days away  |
|  Event:  bloodfist tournament B,   5 days away         |
|  Event:  poker night A, next month                          |
|    For all event discussion, visit our event forums      |

Hmm.. anyway, I suggest Structure.

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject:

sounds great, lends to looking forward to stuff

I like having stuff to look forward to

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Did I hear no-rp enforced brawl days with 0 consequence? Cool

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject:

I like brawl days.

Love the ideas davo. They all sound excellent.

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject:

I thought you were being ironic when you mentioned non-rp days, but I may have been wrong. Wouldn't that kind of ruin the mystique that you so cherish? A bunch of level 50 players suddenly start using their real names, talking about how annoying their girl friends are and typing 'lol' alot. For one thing, you'd know who was behind all of the characters straight away.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject:

Uh I was just throwing things out, it was the structure that was my actual serious suggestion.

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject:

No rp days wouldn't be so bad though you get to know the other players better and it might give them all more of a reason to stay around.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: