Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 8 days, 19 hours.

Strom giants

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Strom giants

I've been thinking due to storm giants protective nature shouldn't they get a rescue bonus or a heal while battle or something. It's just one of those things I've been thinking about its sort of a play on words too tell me if I'm wrong here please.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Ok, so I am going to try to explain this and I would like this to be the final time I must.

This is a game. Period. They dont get things due to their protective nature. Thats just why they call skills the things they call them. The reason things get skills is to make the game *balanced*. Now, if you just throw something like cure in combat to a pretty hefty race, You now have an unbalanced race (assuming the mud was balanced in the first place).

No. They shouldnt get added bonuses.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Storm giants should throw lightning bolts with every punch and get a hellstream style call lightning. These would take no mana and in no way unbalance the game. Very Happy

Grayden Grim the lightning rod.

Seriously if any race needs adding too it is the werebeasts, I know I have said it before but I can not wait to see the werebeast druid.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject:

Because of this:
Quote:

Ruzaos's phantom dragon's breath MANGLES Mernix!
Ruzaos's phantom dragon's breath *** DEMOLISHES *** Mernix!
Ruzaos's phantom dragon's breath *** DEVASTATES *** Mernix!
Mernix is in awful condition.

I can only see a storm giant "protective nature" being against mobs only.

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Because of this:
Quote:

I don't really see how that is a point against Soldier's idea.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Lets suppose this ability existed, and what impact it would make.

Quote:

Mernix does something cool, and regains 20 hp.

"WOW! Awesome log! Yeah!" ..... No.

You're not going to win a fight with a storm giant because your "lucky heal" went off, you're going to have to power through your opponent with berserk (which already has extra damage on it for storm giants) and sweet hit/dam (using that giant skin to tank the mobs that carry the eq to help you get it), and milking the hobbling working even-style due to high strength. They're fine. Matter of fact they're arguably overpowered with their high int/wis/mass elemental resistances, I could certainly feel content with a 1 point strength nerf to cover that +1/+1 to int/wis and its implications on 1-prac practicality. Except for storm healers, which are admittedly retarded, but you probably know that's for a reason anyway.

Just try it. Let 'em think youre getting annihilated by that mental. Slap down a hobble while they think they're coasting. Berserk (there's your heal)/quick bash and suddenly you've turned the tables - you've given them the illusion of winning, they'll realise after a few rounds they actually began losing because of mental reduction + hobbled bash spam, if you're lucky they'll start fleeing, and die hobbled, or sancs run out, either way you win). I do not guarantee success, but its far cooler if it works as far as logs go. You could also do the pip/kalist/jeo method, which is eq + always flying + always berserk + pick your battles, run out of mana, then sleep up to 100% mana, if you don't have a big enough pair for that.

They're a dangerous race to meddle with, when they decide to play "offensive". Can we all see that now? No automatic heal-in-battle required. Choosing WHEN to berserk for heal+damage, undeniably necessary.

There is a rescue bonus on heroism to address that. I don't see why that is necessary for storm warriors, which are pimp anyway. I can think of things much easier to rationalize for storm warriors (like the problem of not being able to dirt because youre on water, reinforcing the "storm giants have an affinity to water" REAL concept) that are better avenues to pursue, but honestly, the thought of giving this combo more things scares me.

I dont want to just shoot down ideas, please, post more, but get some more experience at the game too... go fight a frickin' decent storm warrior, then you'll know first-hand why I'm so opposed to it.. noobs come up with good ideas sometimes but its mostly bs for this reason.

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Actually I was thinking like a autobash or something when you rescue with a warrior or something not major gameplay change but because their so protective of friends.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Autobash...

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm just tossing in random shit due to their nature and shit nothing big.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject:

Yes. Autobash.

Twisted Evil

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject:

"Shit nothing big" in regards to autobash. You've obviously never played dota.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: