Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 8 days, 13 hours.

Werebeast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mummy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Werebeast

A favoured weapon could be nice for these guys. Thaz it.

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject:

werebeasts are ranger only and favoured weapons are for warriors only(except elf rangers if I am not mistaken)

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject:

I agree that werebeasts need somthing(other available classses?), so what are some other sugestions? I also believe that a person with the infection gains str and dex, so maybe higher stats then human? I am fishing for ideas here.

Grayden Grim of the Bloody Fields of Flesh

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject:

then minotaurs need to be something else than just berserkers, or sliths being able to be something else to. The werebeast gets stats once they transfrom. the reason why they can only be one class is for a reason the immortals already told us that a long time ago.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject:

I have not seen transformed stats in a long time, but if I remember right they were not that impressive.

Grayden Grim of the Bloody Fields of Flesh

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject:

I think werebeasts are ok - they might be the most popular ranger race (see http://www.abandonedrealms.com/players for the exact figures), but they've been diversified adequately by their *six* sub-races. Its the ranger class itself that's the played-out "cookie cutter". I don't think the right solution to this is to open the classes up for werebeasts. I think we could possibly look for ways for rangers to distinguish themselves from other rangers. Maybe following similar themes as ranger beasts, for instance, choose your "favored animal" as a falcon to gain skills like "flight of the eagles", that would drain your mana by 15 per bow shot in return for hasted attacks. Or bear to gain a +5 shield blocking bonus. etc. These are things that enhance their favorite combat styles. Favored weapons on rangers don't really impress me as an idea though, that's just a rehash of warrior stuff.

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Werebeast

Give them the racial legacy of mind link! Ahahaha! Wasn't their another one? Hrm...PROBE! Muahahah! Don't knock them, they were nice in their day. Probe is useful if your total newb too. I like werebeasts as they are too, instead of favoured weapon, favoured animal! Or give them the ability to change into whatever beast they want! POWER! Muahahah!
Wait, maybe something here for Druids...."Werebear stare" Ahahaha, that's funny.

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Arishel what the hell are you smoking and can you give me some?

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Ranger Specialities

Davairus wrote:
I think werebeasts are ok - they might be the most popular ranger race (see http://www.abandonedrealms.com/players for the exact figures), but they've been diversified adequately by their *six* sub-races. Its the ranger class itself that's the played-out "cookie cutter". I don't think the right solution to this is to open the classes up for werebeasts. I think we could possibly look for ways for rangers to distinguish themselves from other rangers. Maybe following similar themes as ranger beasts, for instance, choose your "favored animal" as a falcon to gain skills like "flight of the eagles", that would drain your mana by 15 per bow shot in return for hasted attacks. Or bear to gain a +5 shield blocking bonus. etc. These are things that enhance their favorite combat styles. Favored weapons on rangers don't really impress me as an idea though, that's just a rehash of warrior stuff.

Oh. I thought the favored weapon thing was not just for warriors, but for all classes. I have been wasting my time for a long time, I see... lol. Alright. Then I am hijacking this suggestion to be something like you said for the different themes.... I like that...

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject:

werebear stare.

Classic.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject:

That totally defiles the point, because there are three races that can only be one class, minotaur zerker, slith war, werebeast ranger. The three warrior type classes have three set races and to me it makes sense that way. But whatever fine ruin that. I don't care.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject:

crazyhorse wrote:
werebear stare.

Classic.

ROFLCOPTER!!!!!

You ass... maybe after the next big changes are done being implemented, we can get Burzuk and Davairus to come up with the "werebear cousins" too...

Homo. Lmao... Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject:

How about accumulating experience for ranger pets, especially for a favored pet. As the pet gains experience it wouldn't gain levels like traditional pets but would instead gain abilities. Maybe bear pets would gain bash, a panther might gain rake (not berserker rake), etc.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: