Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Temple of Sreyb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arishel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Temple of Sreyb

I have an idea on how to plug the temple of Sreyb. In the mountain trail, there's a room named outside the south gate. Instead of that name, tilt the area of Sreyb, and use An entrance to a Temple. That will put more high level traffic through the mountain trail. Atleast to the temple. Make it roleplay for where all the outcast monks have gone to, then when Elaedon condies, you can let her mob take the place of Drawoc or something. It would also serve as a ranking ground as the old days. Maybe tweak it a lil' bit. I'd be offering to help however possible. I'd like to build a new and improved temple of sreyb. Later.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject:

Uh.. right. Except that AR doesn't have monks, at the moment..

I'm open to new area ideas, and a temple is ok (I already have been wanting to add a sand temple with scorpion-men and nasty traps, though), but at the same time, nobody wins when we displace the old stuff. There is already a lot of 3 dam, 2 dam +1 stat, etc, so its hard to come up with new gear besides creating more sets. Present set-up is fine, but could be improved on, because most areas are too "Stand-alone" and isolated within themselves. We have a conflict-based world, and thus different parts of it should interact, there should be easy to see rivalries and allegiancies in the game. Not just "ok, the demons are to the south, and the elves are to the north, four rooms away" .
Bigger scale. So for instance, in a temple of monks, you might have two guardians... a guardian monk and a guardian priest, and what they guard is basically the keys for Order - one holds the key, and the other can bless the key to make it work. So you do your temple run, and then you go 'oh, I have a key of order!' and it makes a winter trip even more worth going, since now you can unlock all the content. And you get a little more adventure out of it. As opposed to just completely cleaning out Winter, then doing Order on top, all at level 50, without ever going anywhere else. I can see how some easier level 42+ areas could be introduced to facilitate that. Because you dont wanna do 3 level 50+ areas to unlock that content, its too much of a grind, and Order might be soloable after you actually tanked for a key group. But if you have the key given to you in a place that level 43-44 can handle (and likely will), then its like, oh well, might as well finish ranking to 50 to use this thing..

Summoning stones quest was an example of getting people going around the game to gather for a greater goal, but obviously its pretty "uber" and those mobs are more like where you want people to "end" their quests, as opposed to beginning one from them. So any areas that also provide help getting to those guys (e.g. licking the underworld = unlock nexus to Xanthak's door) is quite ok with me. Including new ones. We will need to plan what we want to do, see if we have any need for more areas, and if so, build them.

I am not interested in more evil ranking areas though - you got shire and tainted valley, solace for bum groups, and its enough. I would like the game to have enough special things to do that levels come to you without you realising it... not this "log on to rank" we have. I mean obviously cabals are going to login to rank, for promotions sake. But the average player doesn't get anything out of that. The only reason you want to rank a is so you can tank eq mobs and thus rank faster, then the mobs get harder so you slow down and your eq becomes worthless again, so you gotta get red dragon instead of black-tear... then gamble instead of reds, the grind of doom. Well, its got some appeal in achievement mechanic, but new areas aren't helping by offering more of the same. IMO.

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject:

I see what you're saying, I like the scorpion-men idea. I once had an idea on how to change the dragon tower. Seems like their's a bit of things just jumbled in there. Dragons, sure. Draconians, sure. That's understandable. Zombies??? Three or four to boot? Just doesn't seem to fit. That tower has been the same for as long as I can remember. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool concept. Although, the tower is a bit...out-dated. Ha. I was thinking of replacing the Lord of the Crypt with a sand-dragon at one time, not trying to steal the sand idea, but make the sand wyrm sort of like the purple sand worm, burrows itself in the hole. Same idea with the dragon, except, make the bottom level of the tower more vast to be ideal to actually be like, geez this place is huge, wonder what lives here. Have the sand dragon roam undetected kinda like Igor. Then you could make the sand dragon hold the orb that is the key to the faction of magic. Have all the keys in winter spread out over thera, make them orbs?

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject:

Well for eq some new sets would be pretty sweet something that might go even with the dark oak set.

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject:

I like Arishel's idea Smile There's really nowhere for a monk to go right now.
I mean... nowhere to roleplay. There's always Seringale, but monks are outcasts. I think it's nice for every character to have a special roleplay place.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject:

There's monks in winter...

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject:

I'm so fucking drrunk, eight shots of skyy and two and a haflh of cpt morgan, do you have the captian in you>?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject:

Haha. You lush. I have the captain in me, too. All of us do. Back to the main topic, Elaedon, you need to take Dav's advice and go to Winter by yourself and greet the grandmaster of autumn. That way, you can keep going there and hangin out until you condie. Then maybe, the Immortals may try to start doing something to monks, if that's what they want to do. If not, then hey, I don't play a monk anyway. Ha. Anyway, go to winter.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject:

I love how the main topic just became condeathing Elaedon... on a serious note, you might get a better shot at getting an area in if you show some kinda preliminary design. Like a layout, and some notes where you say 'here's the guy who holds the key for *this* guy I'm proposing to add to some other area' . Thatd be wonderful for big mobs that'd be easy to get to , and done a lot, like karakken

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject:

*Ahem* Ignore this post, needless to say there were a few other phone calls or texts sent as well.

Last edited by Vertas on Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
There is already a lot of 3 dam, 2 dam +1 stat, etc, so its hard to come up with new gear besides creating more sets.

A lot people are concerned with the effects of the equipment, i.e. no shit it is a game, but maybe more items that do the same thing would suffice. Ok not too original but not everyone knows every items effects anyways. If you add the sand dagger but give it the same effects as a shard of obsidian, no one would complain. All I am saying is do not get hung up on reinventing the wheel.

Grayden Grim of the Bloody Fields of Flesh

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject:

Maybe items to counter that?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: