Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Teleport

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xerties

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Teleport

Just a quick one here,

I was thinking that the splatter-effect of a teledeath should only apply when you have PK adrenaline, offensive or defensive. That way you don't have an easy escape if you're getting butchered, but it still allows players, especially new ones, to play around with teleport a bit and maybe find some new places they've never been to. Of course if you come face-to-face with Iggilwiv, you'll still have to wait for your stuff at the pit, but you won't be losing everything, just a life.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject:

sounds like someone just wants to master teleport without losing eq Laughing

honestly, there's a few classes with 100% assured escape capability, teledeath seems a little too harsh. with a seemingly high fail rate, by which I mean you're tele'd into an aggro level 60 mob, this and the fact of spreading eq over winter seems the exact opposite of rare intention. I've seen eq have a one to two month stay in there, uniques and rares, even normal items, you name it. most of the time, the stuff isnt worth the risk of going through winter to get it, which means it sits there out of the game instead of in the hands of players who cant get into winter and get it, and if they could, it would probably be useless to them.

Of course the alternative of possibly a lowbie fire serker getting hold of mass amounts of hitroll/damroll wear by vulturing the pits wouldnt doesn't sound too great either. I'd actually rather have the items spread through normal thera instead. people have a chance of coming upon a nice item, and you have a chance of getting some back with a little hunting. If someone is willing to take 50 minutes running all over thera to get their eq back, kudos to them.

I'd rather someone get all their items back somehow, so I have a chance of killing them again and getting their items next time, instead of it sitting in winter for one to two months not getting purged by storms. IF you have a group capable of going into winter to get that stuff, which is a feat in itself, you're capable of getting better things, 98% of the time. at least, it seems this way right now for the past three months, based on all the stuff that goes into winter from teledeath and certain cabal skills.

It may be the best non-winter stuff, but thats the point, whatever it may be, its in a different league, yet you need the same group to go get that as to get winter level items. and if the one group a month that happens to get through winter doesnt sacrifice every item in sight, the power difference becomes even more notable between the haves and the have nots, as the have nots cant go kill thera mobs for at least something decent, its still on the ground in winter.

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject:

There are much easier ways to master teleport than eating deaths.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject:

I think the point of teleport-exploring is to find your way to places you shouldn't be. To explore efficiently you'd just take areas in increasing radius around seringale and check everything thoroughly.

Also making teleport safe really ruins its charm.

0 0 0
Shughurd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Best way to master teleport = noteleport areas:P

About nice rares/uniques staying in Winter for months...well yeah, it sucks, equipment should be destroyed totally after teledeath and then the rares would pop up again sometime, not spend months sitting there.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: