Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 13 hours.

invoker/ elf description

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stlucian1992

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: invoker/ elf description

Enter your description's here i want to see what a good one will look like

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject:

You sound like you want people to do the work for you. Make a description yourself, the more descriptive you are the better the description will be. Focus on the appearance of the person and not so much what they have with them unless you're fitting that into their background.

By the way, you can make a description, post it and see what people think. It's a good idea to have it on a char before putting it on the forum, you can ALWAYS change a char's appearance in the game in case you want something different.

Also, I've seen some of your other description requests and seems like you're trying to feel out AR to see what kind of desc you can come up with to fit in. Just fit yourself in, that's what everyone else does, for better or worse. And as you come up in the game, your desc's will get better, unless you're some kind of RP prodigy like Xaza/Thkot(Skot) or something.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Ok, while you might seem inquisitive/new-ish etc etc, I think you're really a lazy person in truth. Or either that you don't really play, and just want to take blobs of descriptions that's around.

If you really wanted good descriptions, the graveyard and graveyard archive is more than plentiful as a resource. What's the point of the Immortals putting in so much effort to integrate the characters into the forum, which can be viewed and SEARCHED, when the players don't bother to do either??

0 0 0
Simpleton

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject:

And I would like to see a nice pair of tits, so whats your point about the descriptions. Look on the internet under D&D and elf and you get plenty of hits.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject:

http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2526

0 0 0
Sethronu
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject:

by the way marsd every time i try to search the forums i get this

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/mud/abandonedrealms/webmonkey/public_html/forum/search.php on line 174

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject:

Haha seth, I guess someone fucked up somewhere there, but I can't debug it here anyway. Even so, if you just browsed through the archive there's WAY MORE than enough good descriptions someone can learn from. (Not copy, copied description blows right Torkalen? Wink)

0 0 0
Crowhopping

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject:

wow gold
diablo 3 gold
buy diablo 3 gold

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject:

heres a way to cheaply make a description that works.

search graveyard for past characters of the same race. find descriptors for physical traits in all the past characters specific to that race. try to reword, analogize, and thesaurus flip the various words in the sentence. you will usually end up with something that needs to be syntaxtually (case in point) changed to make sense. This makes it unique.

There is no such thing as a new idea, just old ideas rehashed and reworked. Self perpetuating agents of spontaneous generation from nothing does not exist. people can only know what they see (with all senses) in the world and can think about what they see (again with all senses). the unthinkable is not something people can do.

So don't worry if it looks close to others, just try to make it your own.

I realize this thread was bumped by a nasty spammer, this is my attempt to take control from them.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject:

Fireballer wrote:
heres a way to cheaply make a description that works.search graveyard for past characters of the same race. find descriptors for physical traits in all the past characters specific to that race. try to reword, analogize, and thesaurus flip the various words in the sentence. you will usually end up with something that needs to be syntaxtually (case in point) changed to make sense. This makes it unique.

Great idea! When I make a new character, I often want to play so badly but get stuck at level 9 because I can't think of a description.

Here is just a random graveyard character. His name is Ogyze, Master of Brass. He is a chaotic, evil duergar warrior.

Gravedigger wrote:
Clad in battle gear is this short looking creature, battle gear that has been worn down to a dull finish. Covering his feet are odd looking boots, parts made from a skin of some sort, and other parts made of metal. Odd spikes come from the skin that make up his boots, looking like some sort of odd animal. Leggings made from the same odd animal skin, all but where his knees are that is again made from metal. Worn about his torso is a gem encrusted battle plate that seems to be a bit to big and draps a bit past his mid section. Oddly enough all the gems on his torso are all worn down to a dull finish so they don't shine. The battle plate has no arms to it so covering his arms is the same material that covers his legs. Gauntles with jewels on every single knuckle of the hand cover his hands, also the jewels have been worn down as to not shine. Big is the only way to describe his beard, it flows down to about the middle of his stomach and has braids braided through it. Oddly enough he is bald so worn on his head is some sort of large creatures skull, tusks and horns along with sharp teeth can be seen on it. Though nothing else glows on him his eyes glow a bright red.

I thought I would try it. Here is revised female version. Sorry to the original author for bastardizing your very thoughful and detailed description.

Before you is a stubby, petite bald girl. It looks like she tries to cover up her baldness by wearing a skull on her head, complete with tusks, horns and sharp teeth. Her thick braided beard shows she is not totally hair challenged and she contemplatively twists a few strands between her jewel lined gloves as she looks at you with glowing red eyes. She wears a suit of armour, the metal dulled and dented and the jewels chipped and faded. She seems oblivious to the putrid waft that surrounds her which is most likely caused by the pieces of skin glued to the armor. Of particular note are the spikes attached to the skin of her boots.

Wow, I am definately going to try this. Thanks fo the tip! I almost was going to delete this note and use this description. Smile Except duergers have a vulnerablity and I don't think I am quite ready to tackle those types of additional challenges yet.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Just be careful doing that. I have a reallllly long memory and I have been known to comb through the graveyard searching for the character I know you stole that description from. Make sure its original enough. (You all know who you are.)

Also guys...this thread is like five years old and was bumped by a spam dude. XD

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject:

the reason this works for me is that when I start flipping, I decide to change things like color, length, size, etc, and then it ends up being a simplistic or extravagant sentence, you know, something dull and uninteresting to read. So then I fluff it up a little, turn it into more of an analogy, and then due to this it usually requires some syntax correction, so words get flipped around and added, and then I've got two FORMATTED desc lines from one formatted desc line from someone else. So I usually end up with more lines, with a large difference in description than the original and looking different.

I've also toyed with the idea of creating a program that produces randomly generated results based off some number values and and a random number generator to get things like hair color, length, skin shade, etc etc. then it just outputs all that and I stick words around it to make it longer and read more excitingly than "His hair is black".

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject:

Fireballer wrote:
the reason this works for me is that when I start flipping, I decide to change things like color, length, size, etc..."

Hahahaha Smile I have only heard the term flipping on those housing shows where they buy a house and fix it up and flip it to re-sell it. I love your use of the term flipping characters!! This is genious!

Fireballer wrote:
I've also toyed with the idea of creating a program that ..mt (edit) makes character descriptions

I think that would be totally hard to do, but if you can do it, me and three characters will be first in line to sign up. Until then, will be grave digging! The graveyard does make a good starting place. Never would have thought of doing that. I think it will make it easier and faster to come up with something half decent.

I totally respect all the creative people. Some of the descriptions people make leave me in awe.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: