Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 17 hours.

Honor command updated

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Honor command updated

I am pleased to inform you that the in-game honor command has been upgraded. It has been replaced by the functionality of the "repute" command. Other than typing the word "honor" instead, its basically the same as that.

help honor wrote:

'HONOR'
Syntax: honor <person> <reputation> <comments>
Syntax: honor <person> (shows a full list of honors that can be chosen)

When a person enters Thera, it is with a blank slate, but through their
interactions with others, they make a name for themselves. Those who have
reached the fifteenth rank within their guildhalls can bestow honors onto
others, which can then be viewed by using the STATUS command.

There are some special honors which are bestowed by Immortals upon
the cream of the crop. These honors are account-based and persist
even after the character has died permanently.
Please note that Immortals reserve the right to remove this.

There's a couple of Imm-only honors I've also introduced. These are "reputable" and "elite". They are flagged onto your game account instead of your character, though we'll need a character that's verified to be able to initially flag those. We will basically give out reputable to anybody in our community who isn't an idiot and verified. At least, that's the hope. We'll give out elite to our hall of famers and such. Its very important to me to ensure that you guys receive this, so don't think of it as being difficult to attain. It might be just bestowed when your background is approved or something, though I'd rather have manual. Its on you to verify the characters so it can happen though.

Now that I've mentioned that, though, I'd like to put that aside actually, and instead focus on what this means between you guys. So basically, you have a way of giving recognition to the people you've played the game with. It bubbles up to the website dashboard so they can see it. We'll probably not show who they were received from, or to others. These will just be for your own consumption. What I'd like to see is people recieving these honors and being made aware that their fellow players took an interest in them and thought they were worth an accolade. That should feel good to receive, and in turn propogate players giving them to other players. It kinda promotes growth of a healthy community around a PK game, which isn't easy. Obviously it is OOC so if you want to see it, you come to the website for that.

I will be looking forward to seeing the results of this positive advancement.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject:

FYI, I want to draw some attention to this. The "Reputable" reputation will have some huge benefits in the future, potentially even including being able to self-induct into some cabals. You want to have this on your account, big time.

Elite will include all Reputable bonuses and then some. Elite players will be able to roll vampires.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject:

Le gasp!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject:

Support for self-induct into cabals has been added for reputably honored accounts. Usual constraints still apply, meaning like, background approved (get a Mystic to do it, thats really all you need), level 20, maybe squired if you are a Knight.

It is up to the builder imms to write mob-run quests for this to be available, first..

n.b. Justice is exempted from this. Justices will continue to be imm/mortal inductions only.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject:

[quote]maybe squired if you are a Knight.[/quote]

If you're squired you're in Knights. Squire is just a rank below footman now.

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Serin*

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: