Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 6 hours.

Healer turn undead spell updated

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Healer turn undead spell updated

The turn undead spell may now root the zombies (or other undead NPC) in place until it has completed, similar to the quasit cause fear spell. A save check is made first, before the zombie is rooted in place. The goal is that when the healer commits for 4 rounds of lag - which is a huge commitment against a fully-geared necromancer - they will at least be able to deal the damage they intended to do, instead of just fled from and stuck on the spot wasting time.

Also, after the third cast of turn undead, the spell will now end immediately with its short lag, instead of waiting an additional round, just to tell you that it is over, and lag you again. The spell will also end immediately (without lag) if it doesnt actually hit anything.

To provide a twist, I've also made the turn undead spell interruptible. Although as you no doubt already know, necromancers don't have direct interrupts, but some zombies have chance to do trips and bash. This is the little factoid that makes a paladin turn undead much worse than a healers (since its much easier for zombies to lag paladins). With that, and the calm and esuna spell in tow, I think you'll feel very confident next time you face down that dastardly necro with your friendly neighbourhood healer at your side. However, keep in mind that there direct ways to deal a knockdown or interrupt, if a necro brings the right support.

As the necro, the way you would probably want to defend vs this is to get some afflictive save. The reason for this is because the turn undead spell checks the save of the zombies MASTER, not the zombies themselves. Also, take advantage of the zombies not fleeing, and actually flee behind them for cover during the turn undead sequence. There are also some zombies that have much more hp, meant specifically for these kind of situations

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:11 am    Post subject:

Related to this:

I've renamed the dispel undead spell to "exorcism" for both paladins and healers, and allowing it to deal its additional damage against the quest race undeads. The point of the rename was so that I could also include demons in its damage bonus.

If you notice (or think you notice) any issues with these changes to healers that may not have been intended, please let me know, and I will have a look at it. I definitely owe you a bunch of helpfile updates.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:17 am    Post subject:

Do quasits count as demons for this?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:33 am    Post subject:

Yes, quasits are a demon race, and absolutely would count for exorcism. Send em back to the abyss where they belong. I also included any mob that has "demon" or "undead" in its keywords, just incase builders didnt set the race correctly.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: