Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 17 hours.

Deity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Deity

I was wondering the necessity of having to find a mystic to initiate into a deity. out of all the hoops to jump through to join a cabal, finding someone to initiate me has always been the hardest. I was wondering if there was a reason for this? with the playerbase the way it is, we have what... 2 mystics? one that is even remotely active. Why couldn't this just be a self intiated thing, find the temple and pledge, than maybe have like a certain amount of time to pass or a different hoop to jump through to get to level 2? I dunno just thinking out loud. pretty sure that I have had to get immortal intervention to get initiated on every single one of my chars since that change has been implemented

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject:

I think the solution is pretty obvious. We never let Goron sign off.

1 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject:

I believe people who are of the prophet level, can induct people into their religion. but well, as far as I know of, Goron is the only prophet level follower... So, yeah. But to be fair, it is a HUGE RP commitment. You are literally dedicating yourself to your god. Your life is their will. Sort of thing... Which.... Don't know why he would choose Vanisse.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:03 am    Post subject:

Sure that's also true andrael, but you cant see followers of your deity unless you are already following that deity, so how do I find a prophet?

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject:

because gnome cookies

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:38 am    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:17 am    Post subject:

The religions has always been intended to promote RP so we are not automating it.

It doesn't work because the playerbase is crap? Then it doesn't work. Roll a Mystic if you care. Otherwise, religions SHOULD be sitting dead kind of like the republican party.

0 0 0
ewils03

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Anyone who's pledged to a religion can initiate anyone into that religion (I've been on both sides of that a number of times). Just have to ask around, it's really not a big deal. I love the religion-based system, it's opened up great amounts of RP opportunities, even if it does sometimes confuse and frustrate people like a Diocletian-following healer pounding away on most everyone.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject:

Just gotta be patient. In the grand scheme of life whats waiting a few more days... The people that get impatient with waiting for the deity/mystic ordeal is the cabal apps who are trying to use the auto-induct feature, but have to wait to come in contact with a mystic.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Ahh, I never thought about the fact that this one step is really the only hoop to jump through that isn't completely automated now. I never really think about that because I have never used the auto induct function. leaving it the way it is makes sense to me now.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: