Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 4 hours.

Gyvel potion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Gyvel potion

So, I have been wondering about this for a while now, seems every time that I need a gyvel, they all are gone all the time. Is the evaporation time to low? Especially since now they fail half the time? So I have to make sure that I have at least 10-15, and than after a short amount of time, I have none. and it takes SOO long to collect just even like 8, because you literally have that one spot to get level 50, one, every 3-5 minutes? This just seems a little bs compared to all other supplies. I like that they fail, I don't think that should go anywhere, adds to the fight I would assume that hysteria really kicks this into high gear which is nice... maybe don't have them evaporate after like 24 hours? lol, I know its not that shitty but that's what it seems like to me.

1 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Ehhhh... surely it's up to the player to ensure they are adequately prepared at any time so having gyvels and noticing when you need to gather more is all part of the game.

Also, I haven't noticed them evaporate all that quickly. Maybe I'm wrong but I've never thought of it as a problem.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject:

i actually agree, i spend so much gold just on trying to upkeep gyvels...and on top of that they just evaporate..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

this probably amounts to time spent in game though Jaran, how much do you play a month? Bladefurry and myself are both known for easily 80-100 hours a month logged in. I am willing to bet my life time of gold coins that anyone who plays that amount of time will agree with us

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject:

There should be decomposition in the game, its realistic and it prevents the no-lifers stocking up on 99 potions and that makes it more competitive and much more fun literally for everyone. However, I like the idea of decomposed potions becoming unstable so that you can either try your luck (with a real chance of sickness) or attempt to fix them (small chance of destruction). I think the shitty thing here is outright losing stuff you gathered. I think sacced potions could also give something in return that is helpful in some other way, since not every class needs them.

In the meantime maybe you could try wearing more saves since you seem to be getting caught.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Haha, actually I am being proactive not reactive on this dav. My issue isnt generally wear 65+ saves for the respective classes I am fighting. My issue is collecting 14 potions a day and a half ago, today I have 0 and I haven't used a single one, its all evap. I did say in my original post I really enjoy the fact that is is unstable I think that adds to it, I like that you need to have 10+ because of the failure chance, I really like this fact. I just don't like that after I collect 10+ which takes literally 30-40 minutes because of repop and chances of other people taking them etc. just to have them evaporate by the next day because I like to play the game more than the average bear

1 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject:

You storing your potions in a sack?

There are also 3 other potions readily accessible that give cure_blindness besides gyvels, not including purples. Two of them are sold in shops.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Yes Ceridwel there is, there is actually quite a few, the mansion has about 8 places in side it that you can get level 10 or so gyvels from, but everything that isn't a level 50 gyvel is garbage, because a level 50 gyvel still fails about 50% of the time, imagine what a level 30 gray potion from seringale is going to do.

1 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject:

I think we solved this problem with seeds you can grow yourself a couple of years ago.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

My beef with the gyvels (as someone who prefers low strength races) is their 6lbs. Yeesh.

And to prevent the evap fucking you over, space out when you get your gyvels. If you get them all at the same time, duh. They're going to evap at the same time. If you stagger getting them, you'll be in a better spot.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject:

sounds like a stealth nerf, I'll see if I can figure out what gyvels used to weigh

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject:

gyvels aren't six pounds, they're one pound, I just checked

if they were 6lbs in the previous administration that sounds like something one of us would have fixed as soon as we noticed

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject:

Tayyah: Gyvel's being difficult to obtain forces you to wear 100 mal saves so that if blind hits (atfter a 100 tries), you have a few gyvels to cure it. I think it is not meant for you to hoard a 100 gyvels so that blind is essentially useless to even attempt casting.

Making gyvels easily accessible is the same as nerfing maladictive spells. What's the point of blind if you can have 80 gyvel potions in your sack?

It applies the same to cure disease and cure poison so I think we have to be careful about these.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject:

well regardless im spending time gathering gold to invest in something that i lose for no reason, and i don't get anything but rank 50 gyvels regardless and i HAVE to carry 20+ because of my fighting style..take into account everyone fights different i hate wearing saves i'll let you dispel me 100+ times but still have 101 purple potions...(for the most part) sometimes as everyone does i get caught with my pants down but not usually..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject:

You dont lose it for no reason.. its an important part of the game for a shaman to check on someones gyvels count and exploit, and also try to run them out of purple potions and finish them off by camping the spots those things come from.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: