Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 10 hours.

RP Cabal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ldai1985

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: RP Cabal

RP wise, i see Legions killing their own members, knights vanquish evil, keeper keeps the balance, warlords wanting to fight, and justice enforcing the law.

These is what I came to understand, and most likely wrong. Can someone plesae help me clarify 2 points?:

1. Legion: Do Members kill each other to move up?
2. Justice: There are evil and good aligned members, how does that work? Evil members do evil things and good align do good things? what if two members (good vs evil of justice) doesnt agree upon somethng?

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes that happens in Legion. The Legion is focused around roleplaying an evil secret society.

Justices care more about ethos than alignment. From the perspective of a good Justice, sometimes visiting evil upon chaos is the correct course of action and that's why there are evil justices. And from the perspective of an evil Justice, sometimes the most righteous course of action is for evil to be smited, and a paladin might have the best tools for the job.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

I literally never played them as evil secret society. I played them as an army of like minded evil ass holes bent on world domination, or at least domination of the areas surrounding Darkhaven.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

There can often be disagreements in Justice between the two alignments really. In my opinion it’s pretty fun to role play out. But when it comes to handling a situation, there is pretty set rules on how to take care of them.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

With the evils what you typically see is they'll try to be more overtly aggressive outside town and end up playing chicken with attacking at the gates and get themselves kicked out of cabal. It can be very entertaining so I like having evil Justices, but they do almost always get uninducted or blow up and delete over deserved demotions.

Regardless of the alignment, the characters will form grudges with other characters. Its important as Justices to keep your personal and cabal business separate, and that boundary gets actively enforced within the cabal. So like if one person manages to create beef with the current leader of Knights (probably from being an evil Justice) and starts finding themselves under attack any time they leave town, then they're not going to be supported by the Justice cabal. They'd be dealing with it on their own. If another Justice decided to offer help, the leadership of Justice should tell them to stay out of it.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:25 am    Post subject:

I had an Elf Healer in justice years ago and they banned goods being in justice for this very reason (at that time). I scrambled to come up with some sort of role play to justify me not getting booted and I didn’t so maybe it worked. He said that ethos determined what you would do, and alignment determines how you would go about it. A lawful evil would be more likely to impose execution as a punishment whereas a lawful good would seek imprisonment (this wasn’t an option at the time). His belief was that having to enforce laws even on those that were good, was to serve the greater good. The goal here is peace, even with those that are different. Knights attacking evils in town gets in the way of peace happening, so it’s justified.

Think about it in the context how different civilizations tried to civilize and convert each other to their religions. The conquistadors would go and conquer (the Mayans?) versus say the French who went and lived with and taught the native Americans. It’s ultimately the same goal, it’s just how you go about doing it.

Is this backward from the actual interpretation of alignment and ethos? I think many people would say so, it worked at the time though. Or at least no one told me otherwise...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

Goodies typically make the best Justice ATM. Their normal status is of that of what anyone would consider more of a guardian. That's more of a goodie aspect. Evil aspect has so many options, I'm shocked more don't make their "Lawful DK"*WTB HELP HERE PLZ". So many different directions you can go with a LAWFUL DK. I lost my way here, I'm not sober. But really.... Lawful DK...

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject:

The only reason to go lawful is to go Justice.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: