Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 10 hours.

stream viewing to find people during pk
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

should viewing the stream to find where people hide during pk be against the rules
yes
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
no
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject:

Ergorion, we could prevent the stream on players under level 35 if we really want.

But really I think the easiest solution would be to turn off streaming by default.

We could force stream for cabal members and give them badass powers or items to compensate though

or we could take no change and you could just report it if you think you got logged in on because of the stream unfairly

I don't know if we want to discourage that though, I want people to log in on me

the stream backend and delay is all marsd I think, that's magewares

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:14 am    Post subject:

[quote]
You only need to stop moving for a couple of seconds to "catch a tick" of sleep.[/quote]

I don't understand how this has any relevance. The heart of the issue remains why are we condoning a way to interrupt IC dynamics via OOC means. This has literally zero to do with how you or I, or anyone else, thinks everyone else should PK.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Why not simply change the default for new characters to be opted out?

If they want to opt in, they can. To increase visibility to that command, you could have certain level thresholds trigger a message "You are currently set to no view" or whatever, "do you wish to opt-in and have your battles published on the web page with a 15-minute delay?"

0 0 0
raginggnome

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject:

I feel like there should have been an indifferent option to vote for... I mean I know I've had some remote places I've planted herbs get looted, likely from the stream... But honestly, I like scrolling through the stream on down time and seeing if it caught any fights. It's great for new players to get a glimpse of pk without the drama on some of the logs in the logboard. As far as abusing it for pk, I'd rather just actively search for someone then waiting five minutes, checking the stream and then tracking and checking and so forth. I think it has more perks then drawbacks personally. I'd rather people see that there's a bunch of stuff going on in the game and log in, or log in on the right pk range char and start some fights. Just seems like the imms can't win with changes, a step in the right direction for some players just triggers other players. I like the stream, make it 15 minute delay and call it good?

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Your herbs probably got looted because they're able to be located.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: